Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2022, 11:45   #91
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

I am myself buying an iCube and my experience isn't much different from yours. I too am struggling for nearly a month now with TVS dealer at Sangli MH (Pore's TVS). First they called me for balance payment but on reaching showroom I learnt their billing was stopped by TVS. Meanwhile TVS kept messaging about balance payment so i asked dealership about the exact amount to be paid. I got different numbers from different people at their so decided not to trust them and instead paid through TVS website. Later I learnt the sales guy assigned for iCube had committed fraud and was sacked. I raised concern over Twitter which got me in touch with TVS RM via phone who assured quick resolution and gave contact details of a new sales guy. He seemed ok at first but then started acting up asking for booking details at every interaction and claiming he did not receive any information from TVS regarding payment etc. When I contacted RM again he too was rude and cut the call abruptly. My 70+ year old uncle (for whom the scooter is for) and his grandson were at dealership for inquiry and despite the escalation they kept them waiting for 2.5 hours and asked for extra payments at their end. I can't understand why these things are not sorted out by TVS on the website itself. Overall a very bad experience. I'm just hoping now the registration goes without any issues and I get the scooter without much hassle.
Old 26th November 2022, 15:11   #92
BHPian

After booking the iQube S variant on May-20th (it was launched on May-19th), I had got the vehicle delivered on August-26th - so, today marks the completion of 3 months.

I was initially told that I would get the delivery in the month of July. But, there were no words either from the dealer or from TVS. After making some mail escalations, I was able to get the delivery.

Now, regarding the scooter - I have driven more than 800kms in the scooter in these 3 months and it has been really a pleasure riding it. Pretty smooth. and fun to drive. My drive is mostly inside my locality with occasional rides outside - like, I have taken the scooter to office (which is around 10kms from my place) a couple of times.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-iqube.jpg

While I drive in a mix of Eco and Power mode, my wife & dad drive it only in Eco mode. With this kind of pattern (80% in Eco and 20% in Power), I am getting a range of close of 100kms.

Things which are not so good:
1. Heavy - the scooter is quite heavy. There is no way you can lift the scooter when parked in a congested area. Thankfully, the reverse mode helps here.

2. Tall - The rear seat is a bit tall (not so much). But for folks who are lesser than (say,) 5'5", it is a challenge to get on the scooter.

3. No provision to install the ladies' handle/grip that usually sits on the rear-right side.

4. No way (or at least that is what I was told) to install a small basket in the front footboard area. I have a TVS-Scooty which has a small carrier in which my wife would usually put her mobile and wallet while riding. In iQube though, we will have to open the under-seat storage for everything.

5. Sometimes the DTE doesn't show the correct reading. After plugging out of the charge, it would show 105kms. But, even after riding for some 10kms, it would still be at 105kms. This is not the usual pattern though.

On a lighter note - My family has become a unofficial brand ambassador for TVS iQube. We are regularly stopped by folks on the road who are interested to know more about the scooter. A couple of days back, while I was riding, a gentleman who was in his Scooty asked us to stop and we had a conversation on the roadside for some 15 mins about the scooter.

Cheers!
callvvijay is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 19:39   #93
BHPian

TVS iQube recorded the highest-ever monthly sales of 10,056 units in November. This is also the first time that monthly sales crossed the 10,000 units mark.

November sales for different EV brands as per official press releases:
TVS iQube = 10,056
Ola S1/S1 Pro = 20,000
Ather 450X/plus = 7,234
sri_tesla is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 20:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

^^ EV two wheeler sales are soon going to pass a critical threshold and after that there will be no looking back. I think they will breach the 1 lac a month figure in the next few months, and to be 50% of all two wheelers sold in less than five years.

Last edited by Gansan : 1st December 2022 at 20:24.
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 09:03   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ EV two wheeler sales are soon going to pass a critical threshold and after that there will be no looking back. I think they will breach the 1 lac a month figure in the next few months, and to be 50% of all two wheelers sold in less than five years.
This is seemingly a good thing if we can push for some solar powered charging stations across the country.

I am doubtful if the EV scooters will achieve the 100000 sales figure in 2023. Maybe in 2024 or 2025.
Old 2nd December 2022, 10:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

^^ The sales for October'22 was slightly over 73k, and growing by 8-10% every month, so crossing the 1 lac a month threshold during 2023 is a given. I will not be surprised if the figure crosses 1 lakh by Dec'22 or Jan'23 itself.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:59   #97
BHPian

Noticed an ad on my Instagram feed again for the iQube and the comments had the usual bashing for the ST variant delivery timelines. One of the comments mentioned January 2023 lovers, so thought of checking the iQube portal for any change from 'November 2022 onwards'. The portal now says 90 days or less.
Old 27th December 2022, 16:23   #98
BHPian

Re: Pathetic buying experience of TVS I-Qube S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max5414 View Post

Can you believe it? Spare parts for their flagship scooter were not available and had to be ordered, and it is the biggest dealership in my town.
Had a horrible experience booking the nTorq for my sister with Sri Sakthi Saradha TVS, Avinashi road Coimbatore.

We got the vehicle delivered just before Pooja holidays, 2022. Three days after delivery, the vehicle did not start. Technicians from the showroom took the vehicle away, and returned it the next day stating that the problem was solved. They didn't mention either the cause of the problem, or the solution. They did not produce an invoice for the repair.

One week later, the vehicle broke down again. This time, after keeping the vehicle for 10 days, Mr. Loganathan, the service manager informed me that they'll replace the battery under warranty as it was found to be weak. Similar to the last instance, they neither produced an invoice, nor gave us the warranty details of the new battery.

15 days later, the vehicle broke down again. When asked, Mr. Loganathan told us they did not change the battery the last time as it was found to be okay; contradicting his earlier statement without any shame. This time, I figured that these morons had no clue what was the actual problem with the bike.

After pulling some strings at TVS, and emailing their customer care, they sent a technician who found that the under-seat light wasn't turning off, and hence was constantly draining the battery. They fixed the switch, and the vehicle has been running well since then.

This experience is in stark contrast to the absolute clock-work like experience at Honda showrooms. I believe that TVS showrooms just hire whoever is willing to occupy a seat - with no training whatsoever.

This will be the last time I buy a TVS.
buzzy_boy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 17:25   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
After pulling some strings at TVS, and emailing their customer care, they sent a technician who found that the under-seat light wasn't turning off, and hence was constantly draining the battery.
Glad that TVS atleast replied to you after you reached out to them via mail and Customer care. I have not received any calls regarding my complaint from TVS or Showroom.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th December 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Max5414 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 17:35   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max5414 View Post
I just wanted to share my pathetic buying experience with the TVS I-Qube S.
I came across this thread just at the right time!!!

Even we were looking for an electric scooter to replace our 2018 Jupiter. We had booked a Red Ola S1 Pro, but after hearing about those terrible incidents, we canceled it.

Just around that time, TVS brought in the 2022 iQube and immediately we tried to book the ST, but the server failed.

Finally, on 27th September, we booked the TVS iQube S in Matte Blue from KC TVS, Pimpri, Pune. The dealer had promised a 3 month wait and even gave a good price for our Jupiter.

But, the thing is.... it's still not here!!! There has been no update from the dealer as to when will the vehicle be alloted to us. We tried reaching them but to no avail.

I did notice that the dealer was disinterested, looking at the general attitude and the condition of the test ride vehicle (2021 model with 9000 km on odo and worn out brakes. Completely unclean).

My father is currently in two minds whether to still go for it or get something like a Chetak or a Vida.

The last time we faced such a period was when we bought the XUV700 in December 2021, but at least the Mahindra dealer gave some clarity about what's going on and we did get the vehicle without any hassles. But here, the dealer is least bothered to disclose anything.

I would request other members too to shed some light on this and suggest as to what needs to be done at this stage.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 1st January 2023 at 01:09. Reason: Quoted text trimmed; spacing added
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:49   #101
BHPian

TVS Motors reported another record month for iQube sales in December with 11,071 units. This is the second time in a row, iQube's monthly sales crossed the 10,000 mark. It's also the second successive month in which it outsold Ather. Another interesting stat is, iQube's share has reached almost 15% of TVS's scooter sales, which includes popular ICE scooters like Jupiter, Ntorq, Scooty pep, etc... I think this is a tremendous achievement and testament to the EV demand for the products with good specs and pricing.

Source:
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/co...6ebfabccc3.pdf
sri_tesla is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:09   #102
BHPian

Hello all,
Went and enquired about Iqube as my sister was intrested in buying, got quotations from couple of dealers in my city. Both of them have included compulsory accessories and PDI charges (which I never heard or thought about) along with the regular charger, smart card and insurance.
When enquired the saleswoman was adamant that these are mandatory charges from TVS itself.
Anyone seen this before, I am pretty sure its a dealer ploy just like logistic charges is there a way to skip paying these.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-screenshot_20230102_190810_whatsapp.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2023, 11:39   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
I came across this thread just at the right time!!!

Even we were looking for an electric scooter to replace our 2018 Jupiter. We had booked a Red Ola S1 Pro, but after hearing about those terrible incidents, we canceled it.

Just around that time, TVS brought in the 2022 iQube and immediately we tried to book the ST, but the server failed.

Finally, on 27th September, we booked the TVS iQube S in Matte Blue from KC TVS, Pimpri, Pune. The dealer had promised a 3 month wait and even gave a good price for our Jupiter.

But, the thing is.... it's still not here!!! There has been no update from the dealer as to when will the vehicle be alloted to us. We tried reaching them but to no avail.

I did notice that the dealer was disinterested, looking at the general attitude and the condition of the test ride vehicle (2021 model with 9000 km on odo and worn out brakes. Completely unclean).

My father is currently in two minds whether to still go for it or get something like a Chetak or a Vida.

The last time we faced such a period was when we bought the XUV700 in December 2021, but at least the Mahindra dealer gave some clarity about what's going on and we did get the vehicle without any hassles. But here, the dealer is least bothered to disclose anything.

I would request other members too to shed some light on this and suggest as to what needs to be done at this stage.

Cheers

Hey, I have almost completed 500 kilometres with my I-Qube S, and I must tell you the scooter is performing well. I am getting 80 km of range with around 15% SOC left every time I plug it in to charge with mixed driving in eco as well as power mode. Even though the dealer experience has been less than pleasant, the scooter is a hoot to drive and has good pickup even in eco mode. In stop-and-go traffic, even with a pickup, you will not have to switch to power mode unless you want to go fast. Eco mode restricts the speed to 45 km/h when the battery is below 85% and goes up to 50 km/h when the battery is above 85%. The braking is subpar, and you would always be required to use both front and back brakes together. Thank goodness for the TVS combi-braking system! The regen braking is adaptive in nature, becoming more aggressive as the battery discharges. Regen will not activate when the scooter is at 100% and will only activate when the battery falls below 97%. The scooter offers a reverse gear that goes up to 10 km/h and is very useful. I'm always in situations where I wish my scooter had a reverse gear, and it's great to have one now. The Scooter MID is non-touchscreen and can be used with a joystick. The scooter can connect to your phone via the I-Qube app, where you can check all scooter details, see calls over the wireless network, and get turn-by-turn navigation. You can also use an APP to digitally store documents such as a driver's license, scooter registration, and insurance on your scooter. The only downside to this is that you cannot connect your scooter to your phone directly via Bluetooth; it has to be connected via an app. Well, to sum it up, if you can wait and want a fuss-free scooter for your everyday needs, the TVS I-Qube is a great choice.

After posting my pathetic buying experience on Team BHP, I got a call from the showroom manager as well as the area sales manager apologising for the same and asking me how we could rectify it. They were ready to solve the problems on a priority basis if I had any. The area sales manager told me that after reading my post, they found that the dealer was sending all customers to the RTO for registration and not just me. He thanked me for this input and promised me that they would try to improve the dealer experience for everybody. Mind you, TVS only noticed my ordeal after I posted it on Team-BHP, not after I complained via email or customer service, or after a Google review on Dealer's business listing.*
Max5414 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 12:51   #104

I was checking out the IQube website and found this price breakdown on the website for the IQube S. It mentions Rs 5074 for "Software Upgrade". Is this something normal, are the other manufacturers also charging this amount?
Why is there a separate "Software upgrade" charge for a brrand new scooter?
Attached Images

Old 21st January 2023, 22:10   #105
BANNED

We are planning to get the Iqube, could someone shed light on the comfort part?

Most Viewed