Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 09:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India

Testing runs of the next-generation KTM 390 Duke have commenced in India. This can be confirmed via the spy images of the bike that have recently surfaced online.

Name:  ktmduke390rightsideview1.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  26.1 KB

The 390 Duke has undergone a major overhaul. The test bike features redesigned fuel tank extensions and a revised headlamp unit. The bike is also expected to get a new digital instrument cluster.

Name:  ktmduke390rightsideview0.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  26.3 KB

Besides the cosmetic updates, we can also expect some changes to the chassis. The test bike appears to have a redesigned frame, an asymmetrical swingarm and an offset rear monoshock. Lightweight 5-spoke alloy wheels are also likely to be part of the package.

Details of the engine powering the new 390 Duke are still scarce. However, we can expect a few upgrades in this department as well. The current model is powered by a 373.2cc, single-cylinder engine that puts out 43 BHP and 37 Nm.

Source: Powerdrift

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th June 2022 at 09:16.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 16:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India

This looks like a significant upgrade in terms of whatever one can make out about the design. Not surprised though as this approach seems consistent with how they have made the brand new RC390 look much bigger and more premium than its predecessor.
Old 15th June 2022, 13:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

More images: 2023 KTM 390 Duke spotted testing

New images of the next-generation KTM 390 Duke have surfaced online. The latest images reveal more details of the upcoming model.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-ktmduke390leftsideview1.jpg

The new 390 Duke gets a redesigned headlamp and aggressive tank shrouds. The bike appears to have a new rear subframe and is expected to get new 5-spoke alloy wheels.

The 2023 KTM 390 Duke is expected to be powered by the same 373cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine as the current model. In its present avatar, this motor pushes out 43 BHP and 37 Nm.

The test bike features an upside-down fork suspension at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The braking hardware consists of single disc brakes at both ends.

Source: Bikewale
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 14:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke continues testing in India

The next-generation KTM 390 Duke has been spotted in India. The camouflaged test mule showcases a couple of notable updates.

Name:  download 79.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  76.6 KB

The all-new KTM 390 Duke borrows styling cues from the more aggressive Super Duke. It has the new LED headlamp with sharper fairings on either side and a stepped seat.

The new 390 Duke receives several updates under the skin as well. The bike features a revised chassis and is said to be equipped with an updated swingarm with an offset, rear mono-shock and upside fork suspension up front.

Rumours suggest, KTM has tweaked the bike’s 373cc engine, which might result in a slight bump in performance. The test bike also appears to have a larger radiator for improved cooling. Other upgrades might include lighter wheels and improved brakes.

Source: @adi60666

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2023 at 16:07.
Old 24th April 2023, 17:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke leaked ahead of launch

You may have seen spy images of the next-generation KTM 390 Duke before. Now though, the first undisguised image of what appears to be the production-spec 390 Duke has leaked online.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-342890689_239006788678330_8756180455832386059_n.jpg

The upcoming 390 Duke will feature several changes over the old model. The leaked image reveals a new engine casing and a redesigned exhaust tucked under the brand's signature orange tubular chassis.

The bike seen in this image has blue body panels with 'Duke 390' lettering. It is equipped with a new digital instrument console and what appears to be a diamond-shaped LED headlamp.

The new 390 Duke is also equipped with an adjustable upside-down fork and an offset mono-shock at the rear. KTM has also updated the braking setup. The bike now gets a front disc mounted on the right-hand side.

The next-gen KTM 390 Duke is expected to make its global debut soon. It should go on sale in the international market before making its way into India.

Source: @iamabikerdotcom
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 18:24   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The next-gen KTM 390 Duke is expected to make its global debut soon. It should go on sale in the international market before making its way into India.

Source: @iamabikerdotcom
I think the most exciting aspect of the update is the fact of the adjustable suspension that has been reported by some publications.

I have heard some murmurs in fact that even the new SW version of the ‘current gen’ KTM 390 Adventure (expected very soon) is likely going to be launched with adjustable suspension. In that context, its not surprising if they move the game forward on the next gen duke 390 and provide this feature.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th April 2023 at 19:21.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:23   #7
BHPian

I really hope and pray there is an engine update as well! From the manic first gen 390 to now, it has gone softer and softer over the generations. While that may be acceptable for most updates/vehicles in lieu of balancing out other parameters (read refinement, mileage, emissions, etc.), the Duke 390's original character seems to be lost.

The current 390 is still fast, ferocious and all that but it lost that manic temper over the years IMO. It still is a gem of a motorcycle but I really wish there is an update to the engine to make it mental again!
saishivaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 18:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spied with zero camouflage

Earlier this week, we shared an image of an uncamouflaged test mule of the next-generation KTM 390 Duke. Now, more images have surfaced online, revealing the bike in great detail.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-ktmduke390leftsideview1.jpg

The 2023 KTM 390 Duke features all-new bodywork that looks as aggressive as before. It has tank extensions with the "Duke" lettering in bold and of course, an exposed trellis frame painted in orange.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-ktmduke390rightsideview0.jpg

The bike comes with a new LED headlamp with redesigned LED daytime running lights and a T-shaped tail light. It also gets a split seat, a new handlebar and redesigned mirrors.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-ktmduke390frontview2.jpg

The new 390 Duke will get a new aluminium gullwing rear swingarm with an offset monoshock and a WP Apex fork at the front. As you can see, the bike is equipped with 5-spoke alloys and gets disc brakes at both ends.

The next-gen 390 Duke is expected to go on sale in the international market soon, which could be followed by its India launch.

Source: Motorrad

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 19:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
I really hope and pray there is an engine update as well! From the manic first gen 390 to now... but it lost that manic temper over the years IMO. It still is a gem of a motorcycle but I really wish there is an update to the engine to make it mental again!
I own the 2013 Duke 390 (BS3), so I know what you're talking about.

Its exactly what stopped from upgrading all these years, and now there's no dealership in my city. The earlier one is now closed after a number plate fraud by the manager, and now I'm running city to city just for basic service and parts.

I think they can bring back the earlier bike's raw feel if they just work on weight reduction, an increase in cc, and finally, an increase in delivered torque throughout the rev range.
Increase in cc will be a big part of it, because the pollution norms are no joke. Even from BS3 to BS4, we were talking about 3-5 times lesser output of some pollutants, and today, we're standing on BS6 Phase 2.

Although yes, a dealership is needed in the city, if I'm to consider one.

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 28th April 2023 at 19:22.
Samarth 619 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 10:38   #10
BHPian

KTM Duke 390 sales have been averaging <1000 per month for the longest time. I wonder if this refresh will actually boost sales, since competitors like RE given a twin cylinder engine at the 3 lakh (plus) price point.

At this point, it's hard for me to get excited for a single cylinder Duke. The Duke 790s or 890s are totally different matter. If those were to get an India launch, I'd be looking closer. But without localization, those would be priced beyond my budget for the next 10 years anyway.
pepega is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 18:44   #11
BHPian

IMO KTM needs to ditch that standard “Orange” livery from its bikes at least in India. It is being associated with a poor image in India now!

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2023 at 05:23. Reason: Word changed
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 07:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
IMO KTM needs to ditch that standard “Orange” livery from its bikes at least in India. It is being associated with a poor image in India now!
It’s the same with blue R15s, orange KTMs and frankly even many scooters like N Torq, Aprilia and others.

There will always be a section of riders who will ride in a certain manner. Its as common with the budget performance bikes and modest scootys as it is with litre class supersports owners riding at 200 kmph+ on Charoti highway.

You can colour it pink but the riding habits of certain folks aren’t going to change.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 08:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Isn't that a metallic tank ? The curves look more metallic than plastic which I expect to be more angular and sharper on the outside.
But still a guess and I hope there's an option with black/grey alloys from factory.
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:09   #14
BHPian

Hope they give it a larger tank for more usable range.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 16:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted ahead of launch

The next-gen KTM 390 Duke has started reaching dealerships ahead of its launch. The latest image showcases the new model in all its glory.

Next-gen KTM 390 Duke spotted testing in India-20230601010007_kt.jpg

The upcoming KTM 390 Duke will be based on an all-new chassis. As you can see in this image, the frame is painted in the brand's familiar bright orange shade. The bike also features redesigned body panels while retaining its aggressive styling. It gets a new LED headlamp with LED daytime running lights on either side and a digital instrument console.

Being a street bike, the 390 Duke offers a more upright riding position. It has a 2-piece seat with wide handlebars, alloy wheels and a saree guard at the rear.

The next-gen 390 Duke is powered by an all-new engine. Rumours suggest that the overall capacity could be increased from 373cc to 399cc, which should also result in a bump in performance. That being said, we will have to wait until the official launch for more details.

KTM is also likely to upgrade the electronics package on the 390 Duke. The bike could be offered with traction control and cornering ABS. It is also expected to come with Bluetooth connectivity and a bi-directional quickshifter.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2023 at 05:26. Reason: Link corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks