Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 12:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Dealership asking me to buy the motorcycle that I test-rode

Have seen similar case with KTM.

When I first went in for a test-ride, the sales team said that there is no dedicated test-ride bike. They did offer a bike which was already billed to someone and was awaiting delivery in a day or two. I bluntly declined the test-ride. I would not like anyone to "test-ride" my purchased bike, and neither I would like to ride someone else's bike.

Asked the showroom to call me when they have a bike for test-ride.

Got a call after few days that there's a bike available for test-ride. However, when I landed in the showroom, I was told that they will bill this bike on my name as they have to unlock it for my test-ride. My simple question was - "What if I don't like the bike?"
Secondly, even if I do like the bike and I book it, it will then be available for testride for any other customer till I take the delivery on the completion of formalities.

Basically such practices made me loose lost trust in them and never got to test-ride the bike. I however do not hold any regrets for that as I soon bought myself a better bike.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2022 at 18:45. Reason: Minor typo
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:02   #47
BHPian

I faced this similar situation in Chennai. None of the dealers here have sf250 in stock or for TD, they said like it may take 2 months to receive the bike if booked. Fortunately one show room had it but they said that the display bike is the last stock and if I want a test drive I need to book it.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Since, the bike was still at the dealership the last time you checked you have to now take a leap of faith and decide whether you want to go in for it or not.

You can't really fault the dealership as they seem to be trying to sell a bike which was most probably bought down for a customer who backed out or its a bike they had to buy from the company as per contract conditions. So, the only way they can sell it by offering test rides to probable customers.

When you buy a car its driven from the stockyard to the dealerships sometimes in ways which one can't even imagine but they don't develop any engine problems.

Your situation is more of a personal decision you have to take and decide whether this incident will run on your mind through the ownership of the motorcycle.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed