Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 20:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review

If you ever thought that there is a perfect formula to choosing the right bike, you couldn't be further from the truth. In my riding group I found that everyone had an opinion on 'what a great bike was', and gave me loads of 'advice' but the only opinion that should matter is mine. I didn't need a dune-bashing 'camel' to sit on, or a mountain-conquering 'goat' under the saddle. My requirement was basic and simple; to clear the treacherous trenches and hills the City Municipality had laid out, in the name of roads, without loss of life or limb. I also needed to manoeuvre well in thick traffic without bumping other vehicles. This was it, really. Adventure bikes are really popular in my City for the exact same reason, as are the 'pseudo-SUV' cars. So after trying out a dozen 'Cruisers', 'City-Bikes' and commuter bikes my mind was now set on an ADV. I love legacy bikes, because they're far more evolved and 'ready than ever' compared to the 'Johnny come lately', and so the 'Brand' was foremost on the checklist. This was the reason the CB 350 had found a home in my garage and the new bike should have been nothing less. Two bikes that I absolutely adore from my travels abroad are the V-STROM from Suzuki and the Versys from Kawasaki, but even after numerous test-rides I was just not comfortable with the weight. I needed something 'more flick-able' in the City and then it arrived, almost on cue, the 'Baby V-STROM 250' - THE 'MINI SUV' OF THE MOTORCYCLE WORLD. But does it live up to the illustrious badging of the elder V-STROM? Read on to find out
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-46701a7d18dc4e78adebef6921b561d1.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 6th August 2022 at 08:05.
Sebring is online now   (43) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review

The rule is to first list out likes and dislikes in a nutshell before proceeding. If you have followed the original VSTROM 250 thread and my first post on the first day of ownership, I had listed a few 'wow' points. Few of those are now going to be shred to bits.

STROM in
a. I found the sitting angle to be the best. Plus, seat foam density is just right so I don't feel fatigued at all. Long rides are a pleasure on this bike.
b. Suspension takes heavy punishment in its stride. Not once have I heard a 'thud'.
c. Colour is like a 'Yellow highlighter pen on wheels'. Other road users notice it and are aware of its presence (holds true at night as well). Added safety feature, if I may say so.
d. Bike pulls robustly, with good top speeds achieved on such a 'puny' bike. Mileage is 40 KMPL.
e. Engine runs cool even under heavy riding. After all, it was Suzuki that invented the oil cooling technology.
f. 'Toughness in a tender shell' design philosophy is to be experienced to be believed. Even fit and finish is fantastic, with gaps being uniform throughout
g. Built like an ADV from 'ground up'. I'll explain my findings later on.
h. Split-seat design is very comfortable for me as well as the pillion.
i. Headlights are the best on any low capacity bike I have used. This was quite a discovery. Oblong headlight design is really attractive (Usually, I'm a sucker for round shape).
j. Power outlet to charge devices is a thoughtful feature.
k. Single cylinder Indian spec engine puts out 1.9 HP more than the global spec twin-cylinder unit.
l. 19 inch front and 17 inch rear alloy wheels are adequate, and well designed.
m. Indian V-STROM, being 30 mm longer than the International model, was a right call. Ergonomics are comfortable.
n. It is 31 Kgs lighter than the International model at 189 Kg and I feel 'lighter is better, for great handling'.
o. Has that 'BIG BIKE' feel, challenging many bikes higher up.
p. Beak is a 'stand-out' design and the bike is recognized as 'V-STROM'.
q. Graphics are distinct. Top Box mount is really well made.
r. All parts/accessories are available right from the word go. Providing windscreen, top-box mount, hand-guards (from factory) are really thoughtful of Suzuki.
s. Top of the tank (that is visible to the rider) is finished in matte black. Find it classy.
t. Under-seat access via lock, is really easy. It's also spacious enough to fit first-aid kit, manual and tools.
u. Bike being 'tall', provides good visibility.
v. Bash plate is well designed and is pretty strong.
w. iOS and Android works well. Though I'm using a phone for maps and it's on wireless charging.
x. Footrest is good (rubber can be removed to reveal a claw grip, underneath).
y. Givi/SW Motech have plenty of offerings for this bike since it is available abroad.

STROM out
a. Engine isn't the smoothest, and with a pathetic mid-range. Comes alive only past 3,500-4000 RPM. However, I have found an acceptable solution in K&N/BMC air filter. More on that later
b. Footpegs position obstruct your legs. Should have been slightly rear set.
c. Should have provided GPS/Phone mounting option like KTM does. Fixed this with a design of my own but then that's money and time better spent elsewhere.
d. Brakes were fantastic till 1000 Kms, but faded out quickly. Replaced front brake set early at 1600 Kms as it had worn out.
e. Brakes squeal once ridden in the rain, need to use a 'cleaning spray' often.
f. In few bikes with 6 gears, there is bound to be 'one useless gear' and in VSTROM 250, it is the 2nd. Does the same job as the 1st. 5 'well tuned ratios' would have worked just as well.
g. Clutch isn't as soft as the Hondas. Missing the 'Slipper and Assist'. This may be an unfair comparison, but I am coming from Honda Country, am I not! (Rebel 350/500 and CB350)
h. Seat height is a tad taller, but I got used to it. Replacement seat for short riders proved to be a dud due to lack of cushioning (Rs 1000 loss)
i. Seat plastic core makes noise, and will break anytime soon. If I get to see whats inside I'll be able to tell if the plastic is flimsy.
j. No TFT colour schemes for a 250 CC bike in this price bracket. Tacho display is also too small, with undue importance to Bluetooth features on the unit
k. Showrooms and people manning them are out of touch with the modern. A product like the V-STROM 250 should have marked a new beginning for Suzuki with spanking new facilities (like Honda Big Wing and Yamaha Blue Square). My other bikes are the CB 350 and Aerox, so I know what I'm talking about.
l. It has been 2 months and there is no sign of RC card.
m. Showroom shrugs away from applying any stickers and wants us to go to a 'sticker shop'. I insisted and got it done from them, at 'my risk'. If this were a hassle, accessories like wheel stickers/tank stickers/PPF should have come fixed from the factory.
n. Brake pedal surface is slippery. Should have had 'bite' like the ones on KTM. Both my TCX and Alpinestars shoes slip on its surface.
o. Phone charging point location is wrong. It should have been below the meter console and under the protection of the windscreen. This is basic thinking. The phone charging wire flaps around a lot when not connected. When connected, the cover flaps around in the wind.
p. Wasted space beneath meter console. Could have been a net there to store gloves, or a box, or some kind of a sleeve even, to keep toll receipts.
q. The bike has a bash plate which is a few inches short. It should have continued on to protect the bottom. I found a solution for this, working with their team.
r. Regret giving the bike to Suzuki authorized service for washing, as the cleaner used the dirt/mud ridden cloth to clean the beautiful visor, putting a million fine lines on it (visibly disturbing at night). Have ordered a replacement but that's nowhere in sight. This is the first Suzuki bike to get such a visor and cleaners need to be educated about this.
s. Who puts 'gloss black' tip on an ADV exhaust? This part got scratched while I was passing through thorns and shrubs. Have asked for a new piece which I can PPF protect (or even the steel ones from past Gixxer model). My pillion rider has also put her shoe mark on this part as there is no metal piece to protect it.
t. Visor should have been taller, and without the stylized V cut at the top. However I have no major grouse with this, as extenders are available.
u. MRF rear tyre isn't as grippy as say - Metzelers or Pirelli. I'd have happily paid a premium for better tyres. Size should have been 150 instead of 140 (Thicker at the center)
v. Weak horn. Hardly anyone notices it.
w. Indicators are flimsy and vibrate at speeds over 40 KMPH. Planning to source strong ones (And, LED).
x. Hand guards should have had steel frame backing. Once a pigeon hit the part while I was at a speed of 40 KMPH on a trail and that sent shock-waves throughout that area and my left arm. It was a revelation for me, but no breakage anywhere, thankfully.
y. No center stand fitting possible for chain lubing etc. Reduces clearance by 15 mm, I'm told. So I need to invest in either rollers or on a 'Paddock' Stand (plus bobbins). This is an additional cost.
z. Service centre experience. Right now it feels like they're only good for oil change and chain tightening. In case there is any serious problem, I'm toast
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-rider.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2022 at 19:38. Reason: As requested
Sebring is online now   (45) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 03:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

STROM in a tea cup?
Badging is very important in the automobile field. Carefully nurtured brands could get diluted if associated with feeble products. I inspected the V-STROM thoroughly and when you peer at the chassis from the gap just ahead of the petrol tank, you see that the front projection (which houses the headlight, beak and other paraphernalia, including some weighty items like my after-market DENALI S4 fog lamps) is solidly welded in place. Even on the Honda 500X, this unit was bolted there. How do I know this? Well I had procured the section for integration in my CB350, but later discovered that was not needed. This led me to to believe that the V-STROM was a 'grounds-up approach' to mild-offroading, so vibrations are minimized upfront. With that being the case, does it deserve to be called the 'younger sibling to the Moniker'? I don't think so. The V in the V-STROM stands for the 'V engine configuration' in the twin type, and the 250 is a single cylinder. Just this fact is enough to DISMISS THE NAME.

Is this a Gixxer engine?
I spent time with Mr Shiva, Service Head at Suzuki for BigBikes and he explained to me that "just the casing is the same. The engine parts are not interchangeable between the two bikes. The head itself is different and what has gone in is much more robust keeping in mind that it's an ADV". I don't know how true that is but that's what he said.
To further illustrate his point he asked me "my top speed?", to which I replied "140 KMPH". "What was your comfortable cruising speed", he asked? I replied "125 KMPH". He said he has clocked "157 KMPH". Besides it's a known fact that Dino (of the Vault, fame on YouTube) took it all the way up to "147 KMPH" on camera and stopped as he ran out of tarmac. Continuing, Shiv said, "can you do this on the Gixxer 250?" I was silent, thereby sealing the discussion in his favour. So these are two separate bikes (As per him). I never speak of 'speed' in my reviews, and TBHP prohibits the same, but this info is vital. There was no one else at Suzuki to corroborate this, so I'm placing this data 'as-is'!
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5094.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 17th August 2022 at 14:03.
Sebring is online now   (32) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

The calm before the STROM
Smurfy, my Honda CB 350 had gently reintroduced me back to biking. She was just perfect but I had to be really careful while using it. Broken roads would mean I came to a complete stop and tackled that stretch slowly, inch by inch, and this took the fun out of riding. I required a bulldozer on two wheels to flatten the mini-mountains of Bengaluru, and beyond. So, after the Honda I was ready for something else - something that could take me on slight off-road trips. I needed a new bike to retain my sanity. Still remember that call from the local dealership on the night of May 22 informing me that a few V-STROMs were on their way and 'would I be interested?' At that moment I was simply neutral as the Honda CB 500X had my heart and if BigWing had stocks, there would be no doubt on what I'd choose. But Honda had announced a Rs 1.50 Lakh discount and they sold-out, literally overnight. Such was the interest in that bike. Anyways, the Suzukis arrived (two yellow, one black) and I took a casual test ride on May 23rd, early in the morning. To be honest I wasn't prepared to be so impressed. The seating was just perfect, the engine was perky, brakes were phenomenal, suspension was too good. In short, the bike seemed 'made for me'. So I immediately transferred the money and 'rode away' with a temp number the dealer had kept ready. Advaith Suzuki literally moved heaven and earth so I could take the vehicle in an hour, so full marks to Mr Venu over there. Till that moment my friends were totally unaware and my family had no inkling that I'd purchase 'yet another bike'. This was totally out of the blue. Total price paid came up to Rs. 2,73,000 (2+3 years warranty), accessories extra. Regarding buying the 'first batch' of vehicles I have a simple 'philosophy' that the manufacturer would put his best effort in ensuring that the vehicle 'clicks'. Every nut, every bolt is triple checked as that would mean the difference between success and failure. It's literally 'life or death moment' for a 'new launch'. So I took the bike home after a long ride on a trail somewhere outside the City, and everybody loved the cheerful yellow personality of the 'first V-STROM delivered'. 'Yellow' is a stand out feature of this bike and is it's overall personality, so I decided to call it 'YALLA' or 'LET'S GO' in Arabic.
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3485.jpeg  

Last edited by Sebring : 17th August 2022 at 14:06.
Sebring is online now   (32) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Styled to whip up a STROM
Big adventure bikes can be quite intimidating. They're tall, heavy and the powerful engines can quickly take the controls away from you. Sensible riders are constantly looking for a lightweight performer as they are easy to live with. The tank on the VSTROM SX 250 is sculpted just right, in fact when I sat on a black colour bike it was 'DEJA VU', as it felt like I was sitting on my favourite Suzuki Fiero 'from the Y2K era'. It was just insane. The 'rally-esque' styling looks the part too. The playful nature is carried forward to the LED cluster, the beak, and a sporty mudguard. I have fitted the most 'compact fog lights' that further accentuates 'the look'. The rear set-up is impressively minimal and shows its prowess when the 'pavement turns to dirt'. Much has been said about the front suspension travel but when you view the bike from any angle it looks proportional and is up for any job. Turning radius is very good. I like the slightly up-swept exhaust unit too, finished in gloss/matte. In my opinion this is the HOTTEST 'under 250 CC bike' out there!
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_7677.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 18th August 2022 at 13:33.
Sebring is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 10:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Eye of the STROM
I have generally felt that the lighting provided by manufacturers are sub-par, but the V-STROM 250 SX comes with great headlights as standard. I had Denali S4 Fog Lights added (as a matter of practice) but it's mostly not required. Post my purchase three of my friends picked up the V-STROM (2 Blacks, 1 yellow), and none of them felt the need for extra lights. One guy took it to a forest, even. So, well done Suzuki! The Denali throws out 4,375 lumens each and are also controllable with their DataDim controller. The whole system is weather proof and since I did not want any surprises regarding electricals (Considering the bike's intended rough use) went for these pricey options. It has a 'LiveActive thermal management' to keep the LEDs cool.

Empty slot used for Denali switch
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5314.jpeg

The impressive Denali S4
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4712.jpeg

Superlative beam 'out of the box'
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-headlight.jpeg

Last edited by Sebring : 18th August 2022 at 14:43.
Sebring is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 10:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Kicks up a STROM
Tyres are so important that you can't overstate their importance in any genre of motorcycling. Shod with MRF dual-sport rubber they're just about adequate, with rear section being 140/70-17. I did lose grip quite a few times on light gravelly roads but to be fair, it did do its job on a recent rock climbing expedition. Soon Metzelers will replace these with center section being a meatier 150. Front tyre is 100/90-19 and they're performing fine. I'm scratching my head on the tyre pressure though. Recommended is 22/29 psi but all of us four 'V-STROMers' are comfortable with 26/36 psi. This big discrepancy is a first for me. ABS is non-switchable and hardcore riders just pull the connection out on their off-roading adventures. The plug-in is located just behind the engine.

Tyres are grippy but could be better
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5746.jpeg

Last edited by Sebring : 10th August 2022 at 11:43.
Sebring is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 12:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Might of the STROM
Out on the street and then accelerating onto the Bidadi highway, the 'baby V-STROM's' engine showed its character for the first time. It was a 'rip-roaring' affair as the bike surged ahead seamlessly. I would dismiss the first three gears as they did nothing to excite me but 4th gear on, and post 4,500 RPM it's a beauty. You can twist the throttle as much as you want, and it will keep on giving. 5th and 6th gear are just brilliant as I can decelerate from 100 KMPH to as little as 40 KMPH without downshifting, and it will hold easily. This is where it scores over the Honda CB 350 which required constant gear shifts. You just need to RIFLE THIS ENGINE to experience it. Coming to specs, it's a 249 CC unit outputting 26.5 PS at 9300 RPM, with max torque being 22.2 Nm at 7300 RPM. The engine has been around for ages and that was a nice reassurance but what I hate about it is the mid-range lag which it suffers from. The bike comes alive only post 3,500 RPM, and from then on switches to 'BEAST MODE'. Fuel economy ranges between 35-40 KMPL. With a 12 Liter Tank I get 480 Kms range, and this shows its frugality. But, one thing I must mention here is that the 'running in' period was also stretched to somewhere around 1600 KMS mark (Should have been 800 KMS as per the SA), much to my consternation. My previous Honda CB 350 Engine was 'Born Ready' straight from the factory. To 'kinda' improve the performance I have added a FREE-FLOW AIR FILTER from BMC (Rs 5000), and this has given it a nice edge. I feel this is enough power to keep beginners entertained!

Robust engine
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_7955.jpg

Bronze finish gives a premium look
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_7965.jpg

'Breathes like a Champ' via the BMC air filter
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5010.jpeg

Last edited by Sebring : 17th August 2022 at 09:15.
Sebring is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 07:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

'Port' of the STROM
The 'backlit' USB port is unique with a classy blue hue. It's easily noticeable and the 'pressure wash' guy cant miss it either, as water splashing over there could be dangerous. I would have preferred the safety offered under the windscreen to house this. The power delivered is up to 5.0 V/2 A max. Nice little touches include the 'sleeve' to hook up the flexible port cover so it doesn't flap around while riding. I can now connect my iPhone to console, via bluetooth (CB 350 used to be android only) and a host of features are made available via Suzuki Ride Connect App.

Glowing USB port with a sleeve to 'hook' its cover
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8462.jpg

The impressive Ride Connect App
Name:  Screenshot 20220817 at 7.22.54 AM.png
Views: 3849
Size:  94.0 KB

Low fuel warning/alert
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8464.jpg

Phone features are all accessible
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8466.jpg

Last parked location pin
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8467.jpg

First 3 seconds, these 6 lights turn on and off. And that's the entire array of information on the screen
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8331.jpg

Last edited by Sebring : 18th August 2022 at 14:44.
Old 17th August 2022, 10:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Brain-STROM!
Or, the ART OF CUSTOMIZATION! These days mobile holders and fog light mounts are de rigueur. My dear friend Vijay who owns a fabrication unit helped me in this project. We brainstormed, spent time, tried a lot of options before something was workable. The GPS holder (which is circulating in many bike whatsapp groups) is my baby though, and I used another resource for that. My other VSTROMER friends had different ideas on its execution and practically they are all fine designs, and to each his own. The wireless charger is from QUAD, Australia with a DAMPENER to handle shakes. The fog light mount had to be modified several times as either the handle bar wouldn't turn fully without hitting the sides or front suspension could take a hit while tackling bad terrain. So after several iterations and testing we had a design that worked, and I'm thrilled about the final product. The under-body is protected by a guard from the the Gixxer catalogue, modified to fit this bike.

Customized width
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8334.jpg

Side attachment
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8335.jpg

GPS unit with charger fixed
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4474.jpeg

My friend's alternative/simpler design
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-2ec776f48df5465eb78ff86785e96527.jpg

Only difference is that it's thicker like on the Himalayan
Name:  942451a9459d4be0b0e7d19e87904271.jpg
Views: 3709
Size:  80.8 KB

Fog light mount
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-56d065531b0b435485bca6000acea0c2.jpg

First 'prototype' mount (which failed)
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5319.jpeg

'Under engine' guard from Gixxer
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4449.jpeg

Modified 'tri-bolt unit'
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4496.jpeg

The full set up
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5570.jpeg

High quality paddock stand
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6130.jpeg

8 MM Bobbin/ Spool
Name:  Screen Shot 20220817 at 10.06.31 AM.png
Views: 3771
Size:  151.8 KB

Last edited by Sebring : 18th August 2022 at 14:47.
Sebring is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 09:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Brace for a STROM
The V-STROM 250 is one of the easiest bikes to live with. Maintenance is easy, its great for the City and if you want some highway action it's there for you. Being grounds up ADV, you get lots of hook and tie points for luggage. I could count at least EIGHT. So lug all that you want to your hearts content

Strong hook points
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8398.jpg

Two in one location
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8399.jpg

Tie your luggage securely
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8400.jpg

Holds good
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8404.jpg

Easy to access
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8401.jpg

Both sides have these
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8403.jpg

LET'S GO!
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3560.jpg

Last edited by Sebring : 19th August 2022 at 07:42.
Sebring is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

A rough STROM
The VSTROM looks the part but does it 'walk the talk' in areas without tarmac? Well, there have been quite a few challenging terrain and the suspension never gave any trouble. Took bad patches in its stride and emerged unscathed.

Rear monoshock has 7 level adjustment
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-0c7478ea01f84487b5e6facd0da6ac2d.jpg

No roads, only silt
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-5700952a94294c4eb0ecb940c8bb48d0.jpg

Last edited by Sebring : 19th August 2022 at 07:44.
Old 18th August 2022, 11:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Weathering the STROM
The bike weathers as it grows old and timely service is important. Aryan is the 'TOPLINE' for SUZUKI and services big bikes in Whitefield. The center is spic and span and my bike rubbed shoulders with its big brother, the 650 and few Hayabusas. Front brake pads were worn out and I insisted on Motul 300V oil so the bill came up to Rs 3500 with labour free. For my part, the areas around the suspension are really easy to clean as you can see. The space is big enough for my hands to go in. Suzuki has engineered this product for the purpose of living in the rough and maintaining it without headaches. Moreover, I spray areas that normally get dirty with Maxima SC1 Clear Coating (Rs 599). This doesn't let dirt stick and even if it does, comes off easily. For chain lubrication I use Maxima/Motul/Putoline (Any of these) after every pressure wash.

Easy to access
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_8409.jpg

Matching yellow jacket from the 650. This, however needs deep cleaning
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_7075.jpg

Big bikes getting some love
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6381.jpeg

Neat facilities
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6376.jpeg

Last edited by Sebring : 18th August 2022 at 14:51.
Sebring is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 07:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

THE PERFECT STROM
"If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together." The V-STROM 250 SX perfectly symbolizes that age old African adage by offering a plethora of features in an ADV format, making it really comfortable for the rider and pillion, be it in the city or on the highway - at a reasonable price. Its big brother, the 650 has proudly conquered hearts around the globe and this bike should do the same in India. What has it going for the brand is its strong personality, bold colours, reliability, legacy and a whole lot of features designed to thrill. The new V-STROM is an extremely cordial bike for even beginners, unlike the BIG ADVs, and this should make it a favourite with all. THIS SUZUKI IS A 'TINY TITAN FOR COLOSSAL FUN' and I'M EXCITED TO GET STARTED!

Whispering 'nothings' to the ride
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5696.jpeg

Best helmet in the world; the ARAI. Also seen: SW MOTECH magnetic tank bag (Lockable)
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3563.jpeg

'What lies beneath' the rider seat
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4996.jpeg

Bike N Rider, to themselves
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5660.jpeg

The 'adventurer'
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5805.jpeg

My friends and happy co-riders
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-new-pic1ac3.jpg

Wheel sticker detail
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-5e5a12196b82495882f90224a8c14d32.jpg

Ready to be greased
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-9c00cd1689024997bf35ffbb6a0cb07e.jpg

The compact Denali S4
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-58ca9dcbd2514a5eab493af86f27c1ee.jpg

Sharing the spotlight
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-b245f6e839054da882461d21f061d805.jpg

Complete package on two wheels
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3491.jpeg

Scooped out seat as an accessory (for short riders)
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3970.jpeg

The competent BYBRE braking unit
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_3971.jpeg

Tank sticker + PPF on the left and right side. All from SUZUKI
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4471.jpeg

Small yet neat details
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_4475.jpeg

Tough to choose between Black colour and Yellow. Both stand out
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-b0c9bd2f81d647a7bf2a7274438fbd5e.jpg

The cockpit
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_5160.jpeg

Suzuki's 100 year journey proudly displayed at their lobby
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6421.jpeg

Last edited by Sebring : 19th August 2022 at 07:38.
Sebring is online now   (48) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 08:41   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle section. Thanks for sharing!

Going to our homepage today
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed