Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 09:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Ownership Review

Amazing Review Neil, rated 5 stars

I also own the Gixxer250SF, bought it during lockdown. April 2020, manufactured in 2019.

While I don't ride as much as you do, whatever weekend rides I have had on the bike have been just awesome.

My biggest complaints for the bike have been -
1. Braking, wish to somehow improve the bite.
2. Wind shield, I always compare it with my friends CBR, which has such a nice wind shield

On our rides, the Gixxer always manages to out manoeuvre other bikes in the corners. Makes me feel like a better rider than I am.

your attention to detail in owning the bike and writing down this review are both admirable.

Wish you many years of fast and happy ownership.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

The first time i rode a gixxer was when i took a test drive. I am someone who drives scooter on daily basis , but boy the bike was so easy to get adjusted to.

In comparison to CBR it feels refined, and narrow to some extent. It is a very underrated bike and i am stunned by the low numbers it has been sold till date. Tells us how Suzuki is not too much focused on this segment.

While for us CBR has been the benchmark in 250's, this bike comes a very close second. The biggest grouse for me has to be the fairing, which is unusually low set. It surely looks like an after thought when viewed from front.

The bike you have has to be the best looking Gixxer in the lineup. I hope Suzuki works on few minor things and markets it well. To be honest this is a bike not everyone thinks of when in market for a 250cc, and thats an injustice for such a nice product.
silverado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:09   #33
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of bikes have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Ownership Review-gx.png
Aditya is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:20   #34
BHPian

Exceptional writing skills and great detailed, informative review, something in the line of older team BHP official car reviews which we no longer get to see.
Congratulations on this underrated champion from Suzuki, I ask myself the same question as to why we don't see more of this, this does most things right, well you saw this for what it is and good on you, I see this as a more practical, unstressed version of my R15 with similar performance, maybe better in certain conditions, but none of that anger and high revvs required to go there.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 25th July 2022 at 10:22.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:10   #35
BHPian

I think the love for the machines made you write down such a brilliant review.
The details you managed to capture are exceptional.

Kudos!

Currently, I don't NEED the bike but really WANT one, just for fun rides on weekends.
Was looking for used Dominar but came across one Gixxer 250 (naked) used just for 7k kms for 1.5 L.
It is still in my mind and I think your review made me more inclined towards it.

Or I think I should just check out the discounts on offer on Gixxer 250 first in nearby showroom.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 12:18   #36
BHPian

Congrats man on the 250. The review is mind blowingly detailed making me believe you have more than 24 hours a day in your cycle so that you can take all the time in the world to pen such awesome reviews

The 250 should be reliable as a Suzuki should be and I see this bike as a spiritual replacement of the legend, the CBR250R. I wished it had a taller windscreen though. Wishing you a million miles on the new steed.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 22:40   #37
BHPian

Neil, I strongly recommend Apollo H1s , apart from the obvious handling improvements it has the ability to take off the slight harshness in the suspension. I ride my SF250 in Rajasthan where I have zero twisty roads, yet the improvement in ride and the increased confidence due to grip is worth it.
gauravanekar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 02:41   #38
BHPian

Wow, that's a book length review you got there. Fantastic reading.

I always thought that was a stunning colour way, maybe even the best looking of the smaller class bikes.
DesertLynx34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride Neil, wish you loads of smiles and happiness on it. I am in similar dilemma. I need a decent bike to compliment the Z900. This bike will be used for commutes and long'ish tours that I cannot do on the Z.
I am gravitating towards the KTM Adventure twins, still to take a test ride.

Have fun!!
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 18:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
The only eyesore of the SF 250 is that exhaust. It's hideous. Those chrome tips and the way its designed, really clashes against the whole bike. Oh well, you can always swap it with an aftermarket one.
For now, probably you could swap the end caps of the exhaust from the V-Strom 250 which comes in a black/grey color.
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:23   #41
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic thread Neil. Took me a few sessions before I could get through all of it but this was worth the read - as entertaining as it was informative.

Coming from a Street Triple 675, I’d have thought you might have given the 2022 RC 390 also a serious consideration. Its as potent as before but just that little more comfortable, relaxed and rider friendly compared to its more frantic nature of before. I can imagine touring on it being a load of fun too.

Suzuki really puts out some true gems, even if occasionally underrated and it seems like the Gixxer is indeed a nice package. Wish you some wonderful memories of road tripping on this one.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:58   #42
BHPian

Great Narration and a fantastic bike. The proportion in pictures remind me of the original Yamaha R15. Is it really that small or is the stubby windscreen playing tricks on my eyes? Never seen one in person. Here's wishing you many happy and safe miles on your pocket rocket (if I may call her that)
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:10   #43
BHPian

Re: Who Were The Contenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
Royal Enfield has still not offered OEM alloys for their twin twins. Im beginning to suspect that they never will.
Yes, you are right. The OEM Alloys for the Interceptor may never come, instead you're going to get an all new bike with the same sweet 650 Twin cylinder engine with all the flaws addressed (as percieved by us Indians, the Goras love the spoked wheels, it reminds them of the British heydays!). The new 650s will have alloy wheel option, a comfortable seat and footpegs which dont bruise your shins. I'm guessing that one may be a 650 with Classic style of ergos, another which will be more like the Meteor 350, and yet another which is like a pucca cruiser, a la Harley.
windiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:01   #44
BHPian

@neil.jericho: Hope you have a good time with the bike, however short it may be.

Not sure if you wrote about it and I missed it, but how does the seat feel for riding hours at a time? Is the bare seat agreeable enough or did you have to resort to tricks like padded shorts?
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 00:05   #45
BHPian

Love the review Neil. Wish you a great ownership experience with the bike. I've had my heart set on getting the SF 250 however I had to put my plans on hold because of shady experience with the Suzuki dealer here.
I have two questions for you.
1. Would you mind telling how you got in touch with the area sales manager? Like I said I have my heart set on this machine and am willing to overlook sneaky behaviour on the dealerships part. Is like to speak to the area sales manager and see if he can fix my issues.
2. I was offered the bike for 2.18 L on road. No mention was made of any discounts. Do you think I'll be paying too much if I take it for the price? Can you tell me how you found about the discount?
SkylineGTR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed