Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 18:10   #1
Team-BHP Support

June 2022: Indian Motorcycle & Scooter Sales Figures & Analysis

NOTES:

1: Thanks to the team at Auto Punditz for sharing these sales numbers with us!

2: Only bikes that sell 500+ units (and thus, the relevant ones) have been included in the gainers & losers chart.

3. These manufacturer-reported sales numbers are factory dispatches to dealerships. They are NOT retail sales figures to end customers.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: June 2022: Indian Motorcycle & Scooter Sales Figures & Analysis

Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 19:29   #6
BHPian

Thanks Aditya for sharing the details.

There is no dispatch for Honda CB500 since last 2 months. Can we finally expect the updated version(the one with dual disc) launch?
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 23:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post

There is no dispatch for Honda CB500 since last 2 months. Can we finally expect the updated version(the one with dual disc) launch?
Similar was the case of cb300r for the month of April and May, Single digit figures only and in june the figures shot up.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:19   #8
BHPian

The top 5 2-Wheeler producers account for 90% of the market share,
Infact number 5,6,7 alomst have the same amount of market share,
If you count them too then the top 7 account for 97% of the market share.

Now amongst these top 7 only 2 (TVS and Bajaj) have a electric vehicle model in their portfolio, Of which only TVS has a meaningful sales number with the i-Qube which they aim to scale it upto 25,000 units/month in a couple of months, If they do so the scooter will easily be amongst the top 20 2-Wheeler models in India.

Can it be safe to assume that the biggies are still betting on ICE models?
Barring Hero & TVS others dont seem to have any new electric launches in the medium term.
Will ICE models sustain if Fuel prices come down?

Over the next few months it be interesting to watch if these electric models eat into their own market share or will it increase their market share (for TVS and Hero)
Example : i-Qube and NTorq NXT are priced the same OTR Coimbatore, Infact am sure with subsidies i-Qube will be cheaper in many states.

Also IMO, Honda will be the biggest loser in terms of market share as even the newer players in the electric segment will start eating into their market share, As Honda is most dependent on their scooter models.
JShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 14:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post

The optimistic in me says the new CB500X will be launched any time now.

The pessimist in me says not in the near future.

The reality is that no one has clue as to when the new CB500X will be (re)launched . Looking at international groups, the common theme is that the availability of the new CB500X is sparse with around 1-2 months lead time. (Chip shortage?). So to re-iterate if you are willing to wait (endlessly?), keep this bike on the list, else move on to another bike.
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
The optimistic in me says the new CB500X will be launched any time now.

The pessimist in me says not in the near future.

The reality is that no one has clue as to when the new CB500X will be (re)launched . Looking at international groups, the common theme is that the availability of the new CB500X is sparse with around 1-2 months lead time. (Chip shortage?). So to re-iterate if you are willing to wait (endlessly?), keep this bike on the list, else move on to another bike.
As far as i heard from one of the bigwing topline person it might be after march 2023. Due to chip shortage they are not prioritizing cb500x as you know the case with cb500x sales when launched. Honda cant meet the demand of Unicorn and highness yet so probably he is right.

I dont have patience to wait until March and hear that the price is back to 8.5 lakhs on road.

Even the CB650R has a waiting period of min 3 months to max 5 months. For the CB650R bangalore and Hyderabad topline are not taking any booking however Chennai Topline guys were quite optimistic and took a booking from me. Im not convinced that they would deliver the vehicle in 3 months but i have no other choice than to book and wait.
Sman999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 21:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hasn't the TVS Ronin dispatches not started yet? It's almost a month now that they launched the bike. Does anybody has an idea if the deliveries have started?
Old 29th July 2022, 22:39   #12
BHPian

For a while, I had set my eyes on Honda Grazia to replace my ever problematic Maestro this festive season. But looking at it’s dispatch numbers, I really need to rethink about it. Can anyone tell why Grazia sells so less? I feel that apart from Ntorq it’s the only 125cc scooter under 1 lakh which got sporty character. The likes of Access, Activa 125 & Jupiter 125 got quite conservative looks.
Aakash118 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
For a while, I had set my eyes on Honda Grazia to replace my ever problematic Maestro this festive season. But looking at it’s dispatch numbers, I really need to rethink about it. Can anyone tell why Grazia sells so less? I feel that apart from Ntorq it’s the only 125cc scooter under 1 lakh which got sporty character. The likes of Access, Activa 125 & Jupiter 125 got quite conservative looks.
My friend owns a Grazia, i ride it quite frequently with him. I feel there is no feed back from the front end, its too light and it gets worse with a pillion.

The TVS scooters are way better in ride quality when compared to honda. But where the honda shines is the engine refinement. If you want the best of both worlds try the Access, the downside to that is the service network. If you live in a city though it shouldnt be a problem.
Sman999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 01:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Can anyone tell why Grazia sells so less? I feel that apart from Ntorq it’s the only 125cc scooter under 1 lakh which got sporty character. The likes of Access, Activa 125 & Jupiter 125 got quite conservative looks.
I guess where these three differ from Grazia is in the department of body panels.
Activa 125 and Access 125 boasts of metal body panels in plenty. As the prevalent consensus suggests metal body panels is equated with robustness, these three more or less enable this consensus.
Our roads do not help the case of Grazia's plastic body either. Most of the times plastic body panels develop quite a lot of rattles.
I may be wrong, others may chime in.
Rshreyansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 09:48   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999 View Post
Even the CB650R has a waiting period of min 3 months to max 5 months. For the CB650R bangalore and Hyderabad topline are not taking any booking however Chennai Topline guys were quite optimistic and took a booking from me. Im not convinced that they would deliver the vehicle in 3 months but i have no other choice than to book and wait.
I have been waiting for my CBR650R since May.
I was looking to book the vehicle in the month of April itself as I wanted to get the delivery by July but at that time, I was told by topline Bangalore that they are not accepting any new bookings.
When I visited the showroom again in May they took my booking with the expected delivery in the month of August, and I am hopeful they will fulfill their commitment.
I also found out via one of my friends (he enquired for booking) that a lot of CBR650R is expected in the month of August as confirmed by the Kolkata Topline.
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks