Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 17:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters

Ola Electric will roll out the MoveOS 3 update for its electric scooters by Diwali. With the latest update, Ola’s e-scooters will get new features like digital key sharing, proximity unlock, profiles, hypercharging and a voice assistant.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-2021olas103-1.jpg

Ola launched the sub-Rs. 1 lakh variant of its e-scooter on August 15, 2022. The MoveOS 3 update will be available for this variant as well. However, the added features are likely to be exclusive to the more expensive S1 Pro.

MoveOS 3 is also expected to come with a new riding mode called Party Mode. It could also come with an improved regeneration function, onboard document storage and a calling feature.

The MoveOS 3 update will be available over the air for both the S1 and S1 Pro. The exact date of the rollout is not known.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th August 2022 at 17:44.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Ola Electric to roll out MoveOS 3 by Diwali 2022

They are still mum on safety. Even Tata Motors, despite the initial statement, never issued any final statement on the investigation on fire incident.

Govt should intervene and ask manufacturers to make their investigations public. They should take cue from NHTSA in US.

Hope, we won't have to relate Ola with Diwali
enj0y_ride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ola rolls out MoveOS 3.0 update for its electric scooters

Ola Electric has announced the rollout of its MoveOS 3.0 update for the S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-6351b84880a6673cfd8801fc_callingbgp1080.jpg

The MoveOS 3.0 update brings new features like regenerative braking with three settings, hill-hold assist and proximity alert. It also includes three mood settings – Bolt, Vintage and Eclipse, that change the visual theme of digital dash and notification sounds.

Crucially, the S1 e-scooter now gets fast-charging capability that adds almost 50 km of range in just 15 minutes.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-screenshot-20221223-135937.jpg

The latest update includes a ‘Vacation’ mode that reduces battery usage when the scooter is not in use. It is said that the e-scooter can be stored for more than 200 days without being charged. There’s also a ‘Party’ mode, which flashes the lights on the scooter in sync with a song.

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd December 2022 at 14:03.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric to rollout MoveOS 4 in October 2023 | Ola Maps, Garage Mode, Tamper Alert

Ola Electric has announced 'MoveOS 4' for its electric scooters. The updated software comes with several new features. The beta version will be released on September 15, followed by the public rollout by the end of October 2023.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-ola_electric_announces_move_os_4_1_dec4835d52.jpg

MoveOS 4 is equipped with Ola Maps, the company's in-house developed navigation software. Currently, Ola e-scooters use 'MapMyIndia' software.

Ola will also introduce a tamper alert system that notifies owners and bystanders in case the scooter is tampered with. Another new feature is 'Garage Mode' which enables users to control multiple Ola e-scooters through a single interface.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-ola_electric_announces_move_os_4_2_4fac604c14.jpg

Besides this, Ola also claims to have improved the overall user experience of the interface. It features a dark mode and supports facial recognition and fingerprint authentication.

Other updates include Geofencing, Timefencing, Ride Journal, Concert mode, hill descent control, personalized proximity settings, auto turn indicator cut-off, faster syncing, improved hypercharging, headphone controls and a new trip meter.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th August 2023 at 14:12.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 15:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

re: Ola's software updates for its electric scooters

Does anyone have any clue if Ola S1 Air (September 2023 models) ships out with Move OS3 or 4?

And what all features are available in the S1 Air, out of the whole suite from S1 Pro?

Does Ola S1 Air, if it comes with Move OS3/4, support Fast Charging or Hypercharging facility? Or slow Home Charging will be my only option for the next many many years?

My scooter will be delivered by middle of October, and I'm getting excited and confused at the same time about what will I get and what will I miss .

Tried to watch so many YouTube reviews, but people keep repeating the same boring things, and do not discuss technical stuff, which I am interested in. Seeking help from recent owners and people who may have some knowledge since after using Move OS3/4 recently in their rides.
Old 10th October 2023, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

re: Ola's software updates for its electric scooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Does anyone have any clue if Ola S1 Air (September 2023 models) ships out with Move OS3 or 4?

And what all features are available in the S1 Air, out of the whole suite from S1 Pro?

Does Ola S1 Air, if it comes with Move OS3/4, support Fast Charging or Hypercharging facility? Or slow Home Charging will be my only option for the next many many years?
So, I received my S1 Air on Sunday (8th October) night, and here are the answers to my own queries for future owners, or those in queue and looking for immediate answers to these questions:-

1. September dispatch of Ola S1 Air comes with Move OS 3.1.1 from the factory

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-img_20231008_2319062.jpg

2. As can be seen from the screenshot, the currently available features for S1 Air in Move OS 3.1.1 are:
Drive Modes (with switching to Eco on the fly, with no need to stop fully for this, tried personally from Sport to Eco mode yesterday),
Hill Hold (yet to try),
Party Mode (funky, but DRL doesn't light up even in this mode, so may be permanently absent in S1 Air models, with no hope for seeing it even in the future updates, hope that I'm wrong about that),
Bluetooth Calling (haven't tried talking actually, but I did reject a call from the touchscreen while checking my scooter's display out), and
Moods (right now only Bolt, Techno and Vintage are available, not the green Tree/Nature one).

I think that S1 Air supports Cruise Control also, and that too in Eco mode. But have to try it to confirm!

There may be more, but I haven't tested them yet. Also, DRL is not activated in the S1 Air model. It may or may not be activated by a software update in the future.

I charged using the Portable 750watts Charger yesterday, and charging from 43% till 100% took a little over 3 hours!

We do not have compatible Fast Chargers around Manali, the only ones we have here are Type 2 chargers, used by Electric Cars and Commercial EVs

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-img_20231009_170852.jpg

Hence I cannot use them for my scooter

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-img_20231009_170927.jpg

3.Yes, Ola S1 Air supports Fast/Hyper Charging, but the connector needs to be the one used in Ola, Tork, Ultraviolet or Simple One two wheelers, known as Type 6 Connector, source article (Exploring Fast Charge Connectors for 2-Wheelers)

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-screenshot_20231010002738415_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 10th October 2023 at 12:50.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 03:49   #7
BHPian

Re: Ola Electric to rollout MoveOS 4 in October 2023 | Ola Maps, Garage Mode, Tamper Alert

Got the beta Move OS 4 update and I must say it's a refreshing change. I have not yet been able to explore all the features but one of the most useful one is the proximity unlock and lock.

It's pretty decent but I am still troubleshooting getting it to work all the time (Need to ensure OlaElectric app can run in the background).

The auto cancelling turn indicator also works like a charm and very similar to cars. So it's easy to get used to.
Old 19th January 2024, 17:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric rolls out MoveOS 4 on its e-scooters

Ola Electric has introduced its latest MoveOS 4 software on its e-scooters. According to the company, the latest update comes with over 100 new features and improvements.

Ola's software updates for its electric scooters-moveos_personalise_web_image01.jpg

With MoveOS 4, Ola has introduced Ola Maps. The new software is claimed to be faster and more accurate. It allows users to mark their favourite locations, push locations from their phones to the scooter via Bluetooth and locate their scooter via the Ola Electric app.

The newly introduced ‘Concert Mode’ allows users to play synchronised music across multiple Ola e-scooters along with a light show synced with the music. Other features include a ‘Ride Journal’ to view charging and ride-related insights, a Dark Mode and a new mood called ‘Care’ that displays cost savings and the level of CO2 saved. The scooters also get Geofencing, Timefencing, Tamper Detection and Fall Detection features.

Besides this, Ola has also made some performance improvements to the Hill Descent Control function and also introduced a cruise control function that can be used in eco mode. The scooter also gets AI-based indicator control.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th January 2024 at 17:15.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks