Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 15:17   #1
BHPian

HeroHonda's lousy service center: FORT POINT,mahim,mumbai

Hardly 500 mtrs from my office in Mahim is Fort Point’s service center for Hero Honda two-wheelers. Showing faith in them, I dropped off my 4yr old Karizma for a routine service (yesterday, 25th june), swing-arm bushes replacement and a couple of other small things. But one thing I really wanted to be looked into was this:
The front Michelin had developed a weird pattern, and above 50km/h, it made sound like a fully laden truck tyre makes. I was told by some experts it could be due to differences in the amount of oil in the forks. The sound is very evident above 50km/h, and above 80km/h, other people on the road even turn around to see you, such is the level of noise! Delhi guys would remember, on a meet some weeks back, when I would overtake the gang at 100km/h, many members would notice the noise.

Anyways, when I came back to pick the Bike in the evening at 6, nothing had been done to rectify it. The guy who made the job-card , Dinesh, said there was no problem at all. Then another guy came and acted smart. These two, no matter how much I explained, or showed the tyre’s new weird pattern, thought I was a fool and said there was nothing wrong. Finally, when I told them to come with me for a ride, one of them did. The sound was evident but he said it’s the chain’s sound and its normal. Ok, thanks a lot!

In the end, I was a disappointed customer. Fingers of my left were oily, thanks to excessive oiling of the clutch yoke, my jean’s pocked became oily, thanks to excessive oiling of the key hole. Why couldn’t they wipe the excessive oil? The seat had a dried up bird-poo. The Bike wasn’t totally cleaned up with visible marks of oily dirty hands. I left the Bike in ‘ON’ (fuel) position but when I came back, it was in ‘reserve’. Going by rules, if they are charging 175 bucks for servicing charges, they shouldn’t be taking out petrol for cleaning parts, right?

My question is: When a Karizma owner cant be treated well, what happens to other HeroHonda motorcycle owners? And what is the kind of training that they are giving to the mechanics? Or has HH taken its customers for granted? I have no option but to go to some other workshop, like Zubin’s etc.
I shall be mailing copies of these to the regional head as well to the Delhi head office, plus sending fax copies too. Its really irritating to see an old faithful customer (I am a HH customer since 2001) being treated like this by HeroHonda’s authorized service center’s staff, knowledge-less staff.

PS : I have posted the account of one more biker, who underwent similar treatment on my blog at bunnypunia.blogspot.com. i will keep adding more to that if i get more info on bikers having trouble with FORT POINT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks