Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 22:19   #1
anb
BHPian

Coolant leak in new TVS RR310 | Top Haven TVS Alapuzha unable to solve issue | EDIT: Issue resolved

A friend of mine purchased TVS RR310 BS6 bike on April 2022. Within 800 km there was an issue of coolant leak. Top Haven TVS Alapuzha is unable to rectify the issue even after 3 month. Let me explain the issue in detail in his own words.

"I have purchased the flagship bike RR310 BS6 from S.S TVS ,Kollam on 05/04/2022. With the first 500KM of run, there was an issue of Oil leakage from the engine head. This issue was rectified in the first service done at 580Km on 27/05/2022 at Kathir TVS , TVM. Again after total 800Km of run , a coolant leakage was observed from the water pump side. So I tried to book a service from different RR310 service centers in south Kerala. All of them replied that no slot is available and suggested a long waiting period for this severe issue. They have told me that it may be arrested after a few hundreds of Kms. But the issue become worse as days progressed. The issue was so severe that the coolant was likely to be fully drained overnight and the toxic coolant was there all over my courtyard. So finally I took the vehicle to Top Heaven TVS Alappuzha with the help of RSA ( at my own expense) on 27/06/2022. Only total 1000Kms with locked riding modes was completed at that time. They told me that they will clear the issue on warranty and created a job card stating running repair at zero cost. But the contact number given in the job card was out of service whenever I tried to contact them. There was no response from the centre . So I have to repeatedly visit the service centre (at my own expense) which was 100Km (One side) away from my home. The situation was so pathetic. They told me new new complex problems and shortage of spare parts every time I visited them. Finally they removed the engine head and valves of my brand new bike. Even a head packing is not available there and there was no properly trained workman for RR310. They are handling it in an unscientific way. As an Engineer I can’t tolerate these situations. I have told them that I am not satisfied with the service. They are working with opened engine in a dusty working environment without using proper tools and try to reuse old engine packing and gaskets instead of using new one. They are not using engine rooms. Its been 3 months and they are still not sure about when they can return the vehicle.
I have never expected such a severe problem from a brand new vehicle from TVS. I was not not able to enjoy even the running in period of my vehicle , even the riding modes were locked. Such a new vehicle is under major engine repair. This is the worst situation that a premium customer can get. RR310 is your flagship bike. Actually TVS is spoiling the technologies of BMW , through their poor quality control in the production line and also very bad service centers.
I am not ready to use this vehicle again, because I could never use the vehicle for even 3 months. The total ODO is only 1000 Km and the modes are locked. I have used the vehicle in a proper way during its running in period."

Last edited by anb : 1st October 2022 at 22:30.
anb is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 12:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coolant leak in a new TVS RR310. Top Haven TVS Alapuzha unable to solve issue even after 3 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post

This is the worst situation that a premium customer can get. RR310 is your flagship bike.
Sorry to hear the unfortunate experience your friend has to go through.

Your points truly nail down the gist of it.
TVS's flagship motorcycle has to wait indefinitely for spares when its manufactured in Hosur, not very far from there, so even a fresh order shouldn't take more than 7 days to reach.

Quite shocked to hear about the ordeal, I have had two RTR180s with manufacturing defects surfacing by the first service itself and in both cases they were resolved with a faulty carb and a faulty cylinder head leaking oil replaced under warranty without anything being said from my side apart from stating the problem at Bharath TVS Bangalore (carb) and Swastik TVS, Ranchi(cylinder head).
But this case truly highlights the diametrically opposite experience one can have across ASCs.
TVS has to sort it out as they claim the customers.

Some points :
1. I couldn't notice any reference of a complaint being lodged with TVS customer care. If not please do it ASAP as lack of availability of spares could be due to an issue with either the company or the dealer.

2. If I was in your friend's place I wouldn't have moved the bike out of my location/local service center unless TVS does that for me. This would mean that now TVS is in the loop and I don't suffer because of dealership specific issues.

I would suggest to focus on point 1 first and also important is to keep updating this thread with the progress and TVS's response. I can recall quite a few threads where folks have posted initially but then went incommunicado leaving us in a lurch over what happened and whose fault was it.

Hope you get a resolution soon

Last edited by shancz : 2nd October 2022 at 12:20. Reason: cmpt
shancz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 11:11   #3

Re: Coolant leak in a new TVS RR310. Top Haven TVS Alapuzha unable to solve issue even after 3 month

I'd agree with shancz, calling the customer support is the holy Bible of getting issues resolved . You'd have people from tvs contact you and chase the dealer to get your issues solved. So do suggest him to call the customer care immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Sorry to hear the unfortunate experience your friend has to go through.

Your points truly nail down the gist of it.
TVS's flagship motorcycle has to wait indefinitely for spares when its manufactured in Hosur, not very far from there, so even a fresh order shouldn't take more than 7 days to reach.

Quite shocked to hear about the ordeal, I have had two RTR180s with manufacturing defects surfacing by the first service itself and in both cases they were resolved with a faulty carb and a faulty cylinder head leaking oil replaced under warranty without anything being said from my side apart from stating the problem at Bharath TVS Bangalore (carb) and Swastik TVS, Ranchi(cylinder head).
But this case truly highlights the diametrically opposite experience one can have across ASCs.
TVS has to sort it out as they claim the customers.

Some points :
1. I couldn't notice any reference of a complaint being lodged with TVS customer care. If not please do it ASAP as lack of availability of spares could be due to an issue with either the company or the dealer.

2. If I was in your friend's place I wouldn't have moved the bike out of my location/local service center unless TVS does that for me. This would mean that now TVS is in the loop and I don't suffer because of dealership specific issues.

I would suggest to focus on point 1 first and also important is to keep updating this thread with the progress and TVS's response. I can recall quite a few threads where folks have posted initially but then went incommunicado leaving us in a lurch over what happened and whose fault was it.

Hope you get a resolution soon
curiousbolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:51   #4
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post

Complaint was lodged with TVS customer care. After this post, TVS has rectified all the problems and delivered the bike at my friend's door step in a span of 2 weeks. They replaced cylinder head and some parts related to engine. The bike is performing fine now. Hope they will deal the customers in the right way in future.

Last edited by anb : 17th October 2022 at 21:07.
anb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 21:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coolant leak in new TVS RR310 | Top Haven TVS Alapuzha unable to solve issue, even after 3 month

Glad to hear that things are sorted, enjoy the rides on an excellent motorcycle.

TVS should make sure that their complaint redressal is proactive and avoid situations like this. Whether its the dealer's issue or theirs the customer shouldn't suffer.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed