Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 16:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chinese 2-wheeler brand QJMotor to enter the Indian market

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Guys, looks like this thread is going same way as any thread which has the magic word "China" in it.

The moment this word is written, it becomes a bipartisan free for all, forgetting that this is a motorcycle discussion. So let me try to bring this derailed discussions back to track by saying that there is no mention of price for the models in the link (anyone clicked it?) and that the specs are (IMO) not up to the mark for every engine capacity mentioned.
Thankyou @srini1785; well put across.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 17:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
there is no mention of price for the models in the link (anyone clicked it?) and that the specs are (IMO) not up to the mark for every engine capacity mentioned.
Do 2 wheeler purchases also get influenced by the presence, or the absence, of an after-sales service network, spares availability etc.? For cars, we very well know that these matter a lot.

Looking at the unknown brand in question here, these were the biggest concerns in my mind - "will this even have a service center within 20 Km of my location", "will I be able to buy spares for it at the neighborhood multi-brand 2 wheeler spares shop" and so on.
Old 3rd November 2022, 18:10   #18
BHPian

I think it's quite a nice looking motorcycle, the first one in the red..
Old 3rd November 2022, 22:48   #19
BHPian

I find it hilarious that forum members here are choc full of opinions and braggado on a product that has not been launched, no test rides done, no media reviews.

Keep the bias out, judge a product by what it offers and not it's lineage.

This is a automotive forum, let's celebrate the offerings and chance to try out new products, instead of the jingoism.
no_fear is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 10:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Do 2 wheeler purchases also get influenced by the presence, or the absence, of an after-sales service network, spares availability etc.? For cars, we very well know that these matter a lot.
Yes they matter a lot. Looking at the models that are on offer, they belong to the mid engine category (250 - 400 cc). So probably the strategy is to take bookings only from major cities and to open 3-4 service stations to cater to the relatively limited demand.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 21:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
No one asked for this brand, and I hope no one will take one home. I doubt if Benelli or its parent company does any market research before launching products.
No one asked for this brand? Did someone ask for MG or BYD? Is there is a procedure by which citizens ask for a brand and the govt gives it to them?

I hope people take home any product that is well built, has good performance and is value for money. No business is risk free. If their product clicks, they will succeed or else they'll shut shop like many others have done before. I don't see anything unusual happening here.
CarNerd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Looks like everything that has the word ‘China’ in it is going to end up like the Great Wall Motor thread. Guys, if you don’t want to buy a Chinese product, then don’t! No one is forcing you to.

Team-BHP strictly advises against highly political discussions, so I’d recommend we all focus on the product and not the country of origin . It’s not as if the company’s name is Chinese Communist Bikes and every bike they sell has Xi Jinping’s portrait on it.
Arsenic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 17:18   #23
BHPian

In my opinion chinese or even American motorcycles won't be able to make a dent in the pie that is the Indian motorcycle market. Niche products like these already have established brands with their solid offerings. Any damage they can do will be on pricing and pricing alone. They may add a few gizmos here and there to sweeten it. But the tag "chinese" will hurt them to an extent. And everything will boil down to service/spare availability.
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 20:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Then they escalate tensions on the border, if the Indian forces react, the left wing in India will start accusing the govt. of threating job loss. Gives good fodder for many urban naxals to play mischief. This is a poor move if it goes ahead at all.
Who are the "urban naxals" and how would they influence a business set up in India under prescribed laws? Is the government as fragile?

Is this the first Chinese company to enter India and manufacture goods?? Phones with connectivity are manufactured here if you talk of espionage! You don't need a bike factory! Coming back to automobile: MG is a respectable name and there's no reason why any other cannot be as respected.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 5th November 2022 at 20:48.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 22:09   #25
BHPian

GUYS! Guys! I was pointing out this "Where's Waldo" rebrand engineering debacle that's going on. Looks like its going in the "9PM primetime news show" direction.

Let's all get back to the bikes, eh?

Fun Fact : The current Hector we get here is rebranded and sold as the Chevy Captiva in the USA.
Old 7th November 2022, 04:53   #26
BHPian

Even the Brits don't consider MG has their brand, not like JLR. They call it Chinese vehicles . And what all new tech and gimmicks are offered by Chines Brands, I will certainly stay away. If not Indian automobile manufactures will be in same boat as our Korean, Europeans & Indian smartphone companies are now in after 15 years. Vocal 4 Local. Stay clear from cheap Chinese products . Only go for any Chinese products if no other alternatives products are available in market.
Turbosailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 09:12   #27
BHPian

A group of friendly's came visiting base and we were to be showing them around, they spoke passable English most of the times but the moment they sat in our service Safari's they'd start mumbling in local dialect in a very colorful manner, once as they got in the Safari's post a field activity in blazing desert sun their colorful excitement got louder and very enthusiastic to put it mildly!! none of us really understood what that all was about anyways.

Time came to bid adieu and they extended an invite for us to visit them which we accepted and one fine cold winter morning our delegation landed at their base, to my utter surprise the friendly's had arranged for what looked like massive American Humvees or HMMWV as they call to ferry us around, we were impressed by the sheer size of those vehicles which could easily dwarf our service Safari's BUT what they had were Dongfeng made vehicles which were a rip off of the original HMMWV and as we got started the tale came calling.

The vehicles were massive all-right but utterly uncomfortable, the doors remained ajar, the steering made squeaky noise, turning radius was more then Sukhoi fighter jet, on rough roads we were on roller coaster ride, wipers had their own mind and the heating system was moody, the comms set up was equally disastrous so now the tables turned and it was us who got abusing the hopeless vehicle in Hindi the moment we stepped in.

Time came to bid adieu and their commander came to me over last dinner and said "your safari very good, we speak how good when we sit, all working, good air-condition, no noise, very good", i had to be courteous (though not my strongest suit) so said "your jeeps not that bad too" after some silence we both laughed and then we laughed again and then a bit more again.

I hope prospective owners of 'QJMotor' won't have similar experience , at least Baojun tribe is selling in handsome numbers

Last edited by tatafanatic : 7th November 2022 at 09:18.
tatafanatic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 15:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

QJ Motor announces India line up, a pair of retros, a naked streetfighter and even a V-twin cruiser.

Name:  20221114023332_QJC.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  88.2 KB

The line-up is confirmed to contain four models: the
- SRC 250 and SRC 500 retros,
- SRK 400 streetfighter and
- SRV 300 cruiser.

SRC 250
- 249cc engine, parallel-twin, oil-cooled
- 17.4hp and 17Nm

SRC 500
- 480cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine
- 25.5hp and 36Nm

SRK 400
- 400cc parallel-twin
- 40.9hp and 37Nm

SRV300
- 296cc liquid-cooled engine
- 30.3hp and 26Nm

Quote:
All of QJ Motor’s incoming models produce slightly less power in their Indian guises than they do overseas. This is likely down to the fact that our BS6/Euro 5 emission norms are more stringent than those enforced in QJ’s home market of China.
Quote:
The prices for these upcoming motorcycles, which should be revealed quite soon. Once launched the QJ models will be sold through the multi-brand Motovault dealerships, which currently sell Zontes and Moto Morini models.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th November 2022 at 15:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks