Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 10:36   #31
BHPian

Re: 2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?

Such a beautifully worded post, I absolutely loved reading through

The bike looks stunning. I would suggest that you get a PPF done if you haven't already to maintain the shine of the chrome. Also, have you named your bike yet?

Had a Couple of Queries with regard to the accesories.

1. How big is the difference in terms of brightness/power consumption between the LED Indicators and the stock bulbs?
2. Was the Installation of the Nighteye a simple plug and play or does it have a fan module which requires a hole to be bored out in the headlight casing?
3. Are there any particular reasons you chose the Simtac Flasher over the Flash X by Powertronics?
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Also, have you named your bike yet?
Ha ha, therein lies the dilemma. when i got the m500 almost 15 years back, i was also, if my maths is correct, 15 years younger. Mentally, I would say I was 30 yours younger, so riding on a blaze of lean-burn engine glory, I immediately called it Dope.

Now that i am sporting salt and pepper beard and fast approaching the big 40, i am thinking if i want to name my bike. One side of me thinks its uncool. the other side, that is driven by emotion, and the side that gets all teary and weepy when viewing a particularly beautiful sunset, or at the first sight of that straight black road to Leh, right after the descent from Tanglang La, has already named it Noor (because look, so shiny!).

So there you go.

Quote:

Had a Couple of Queries with regard to the accesories.

1. How big is the difference in terms of brightness/power consumption between the LED Indicators and the stock bulbs?
2. Was the Installation of the Nighteye a simple plug and play or does it have a fan module which requires a hole to be bored out in the headlight casing?
3. Are there any particular reasons you chose the Simtac Flasher over the Flash X by Powertronics?
Ok, so i will admit that I dont do thorough research. I read about the product on the makers' site, watch a couple of videos, apply some common sense and then just go for it. so please view my answers through that lens:

1. I have no way to measure it. But the Simtac site says that these bulbs "save 10 times more as compared to halogen bulbs." so even it is not 10 times, the very fact that these are LED's translate to significant less power consumption than the stock bulb.
2. Simple plug and play.
3. The reason is that this is the first time i am hearing about Flash X by Powertronics
Old 19th December 2022, 10:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

@bsenroy - Pls pardon me to interrupt to answer @WhiskeyTangoFox queries as I think I might know a bit more, but not competent enough to be authoritative
Quote:
Difference of day & night!! I'll try to take a picture of LED output from my Inty this week for you. LED headlight is MUST, no second thought!!

And a post of caution on NightEye here

Quote:
Please see these 3 posts
Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 12:22   #34
BHPian

Folks, I have a query regarding PUC:

I took delivery of the bike on 8th December and as of today the number plates have not come. During delivery the showroom guys asked me to get PUC done, and said that it might be some task, because very few outlets in Delhi-NCR apparently have the BS VI device.

Last Saturday, after my first service, I went to the IndianOil Petrol Pump in Nehru Place, but the operator there told me that apparently i need to get PUC done from the service station. He also explained that even though he had the BS6 machine, the bike is likely to fail the test and it will reflect on the record. I called the service centre, and they are insisting I get it done from outside.

Please help me out here. what do I need to do?
bsenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
Please help me out here. what do I need to do?
First of all, for any NEW VEHICLE, if the vehicle does not meet the emission norms, would the bike be allowed for sale? Point being, any new vehicle is NOT subject for PUC for 1st one year. Isn't that the case in DL?

I can think of the below options
1. Get the PUC done from a different RE ASC
2. Approach another PUC at a different bunk to see if it makes a difference

PS - I've got my 31 year old Rx PUC last year, it had a reading of some 1.8 or something like that, don't recall as it was done only for FC. So I'm very very positive your reading is going to be way too less especially on a brand new vehicle.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 13:42   #36
BHPian

Odo Reading: 941 kms

No issues with the motorcycle. There are, however, issues with the dealership, which I will detail at the end of the post.

Over the weekend, there was a wedding in the family at Gurgaon, that spilled over into Monday. While the family had booked us for three days at a swanky hotel, we have pets at home and we do not feel comfortable leaving them at home unattended overnight. So my partner and I took turns making the trek back home to Noida.

Yesterday, on the last day of the wedding, having spent the previous night with 4 clingy cats, I scrapped the idea of taking a cab, and decided to ride instead. It had meen years since I was out riding in the cold. I thought that this would also be the perfect way to test out my layers of warm slothing for a ride I am planning in a couple of weeks.
(Verdict: I need a fleece glive to wear under my riding gloves. Rest all good)

The wedding was over by 3 and we decided to drive back home to Noida via the Western Peripheral Expressway). Got onnthe NH 48 from Gurgaon and turned into the WPE after Manesar. For the first 30 kms or so, the road surface was pathetic. A patchwork of broken tarmac, and a patchwork of badly filled potholes.

After the Sohna (I think) toll plaza, the surface got significantly better and I was able to hold a steady pace.

Here are the only photos I took during the ride.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221227-13.36.46-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221227-13.36.46.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221227-13.36.45.jpeg

Now, About the Dealership: Brite Autowheels Pvt Ltd, Kailash Colony, New Delhi
It has been over three weeks that my motorcycle has come home and they are yet to issue the license plates. at first it was to come within a week, which i also found to be the normal time frame. Since then, I have had to follow up every week, with the same templated response: "sir we are looking into it, let us call you back". They never call back.

I dont know if someone from RE ever reads these posts... i hope they do. because their fantastic products are being ruined by the callousness of the dealerships selling them.
bsenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 15:38   #37
BHPian

I absolutely love the energy that comes from your posts, looking forward to reading them as always xD

Totally agree with you on crappy RE dealerships. I just put up a post on the 2 wheeler dealerships thread ranting about a few of them in BLR. The company owned dealerships do a much better job.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 16:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I absolutely love the energy that comes from your posts, looking forward to reading them as always xD

Totally agree with you on crappy RE dealerships. I just put up a post on the 2 wheeler dealerships thread ranting about a few of them in BLR. The company owned dealerships do a much better job.
Oh yes, i just read it. Absolutely agree with you.

I have unfortunately had to take the social media route. Sent out a tweet, tagging RE, and to their credit, they called back within an hour and have lodged an official complaint. What will come of it, remains to be seen, but at least the company knows.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-screenshot-20221227-4.14.04-pm.png
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Odo Reading: 1021 kms

As I had whined and moaned in my previous post, I had to jump through many hoops to get my numberplates from the dealership, but the pressure tactics worked and i get the vaahan notification in a couple of days, and a call from the sales person that my plates have arrived at the showroom. I had also downloaded the RC on my Digilocker. A decision (with far reaching consequences) was made to ride to the showroom on the 1st of January to get the plated installed and then on to Karol Bagh to purchase some items.

New year begins not with a bang, but a whimper

Here I was, minding my own business, riding from Noida to Delhi to get my plated installed... and BAM!! I get pulled over by the cops at the Noida side of the DND toll gate. Also pulled up alongside me were a bunch of bikes, ranging from Himalayans to R12OOGSs. Basically a round up of all non commuting bikers. The scariest bit... they were impounding vehicles with impunity, even those with all papers. It was a scary affair, but i found one cop who was willing to listen, and he told me that there was a crash involving a superbike that morning in which a child was apprently killed, hence the knee jerk, cast-a-net-and-book-whoever-you-catch action. He explained to me that since i was driving on a temporary number, my bike would be impounded. My heart sank, but i kept working on this guy.He finally said that if i could get my dealership guys to get the numberplates there, he would let me go with a challan. Thankfully, the showroom guys, well, showed up, plates were affixed and I was let go with a Rs 5,000 challan for "dangerous driving". I dont know what to make of this whole incident but i am glad my bike isnt in an impound lot and I am not having to do chakkars of the infamous Greater Noida / Surajpur courts.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_125435.jpg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_140914.jpg

On to some nicer things

I am probably preaching to the choir here, but isnt there some special fun in hunting for accessories, putting them on and testing them?

Once I was safely out of the grips of Noida's finest, I continued on my way towards Karol Bagh. I wasnted a tail bag for an upcoming ride that I am planning and I zeroed in on the Rynox Navigator Tail Bag. It seemed to have the optimal capacity and was the right combination of tough exterior material and waterproof insides (via 3, 24 L, 12L x 2 drybags provided with the bag). I could have ordered it online but thought of buying it from a shop so i could mount it directly and do a longish spin as a test.

It cost me a tidy sum of Rs 6350 (no discounts, no sir). I liked the way it fit.. clean, minimalist, and will look and fit even better once packed to capacity. An additional advantage is that one can use it as a backrest. here are some photos:

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_15365801.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_153843012.jpeg
Accidentally Twinning with my helmet

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_16100101.jpeg
Using an unsurprising traffic jam to sneak in a photo.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_163730.jpg
50 kms done, bag looks snug

I also got myself a pair of winter gloves by LS2 (Rs 3,000)

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_204339.jpg

The other thing I wasted to get installed was a USB charging port. Karol Bagh was full of these flimsy looking ones that rest on a bracket on the handlebars and connect with the accessories port in the headlight housing, but the quality did not inspire confidence. After some research, i zeroed in on the Cliff Top Dual USB Socket. One of the ports is for fast charging and comes with a solid waterproof cap. Purchased it from Pathpavers in Okhla and including the installation, it set me back Rs 3800.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_180504.jpg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_182548.jpg

So that was it folks. That was how I spent the first day of a brand new year. hopefully that will be the worst of it. Thank you for being on this journey with me.

PS: Later that night, i realized that the Rynox bag is also good for storing some very precious and cute cargo.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230101_204443.jpg

Happy new year, folks.

Last edited by bsenroy : 2nd January 2023 at 12:37.
bsenroy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 10:53   #40
BHPian

Odo reading: 4845 kms

Finally,, almost two months after getting the bike, I was able to take it out on a long ride. The map below gives a rough estimate of the route taken across Rajasthan and parts of western Madhya Pradesh. The actual route was different in places. I will try and do more detailed daily ride posts in the days to come, where I will include the detailed route map.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-screenshot-20230216-9.41.35-am.png

Here are the ride details

Total distance covered: 3075.4 kms
Total fuel consumed: Rs 12,249.73
Total fuel consumed (in L): 112.54
Milage: 27.3 KMPL

Day 1 | 3 February 2023 | Noida to Bikaner
Distance covered 490 kms

My first ride in almost six years meant that even tough I got to bed at 9 PM, i could barely sleep a wink. The familiar thumping in the chest kept me up, tossing an turning in my blanket, much to the consternation of my cats, who had snuggled in, hoping for yet another quiet nap. The Alarm was set for 3 AM for a 4 AM departure, and by the end, i think i got 2.5 hours of sleep.

Anyway, I was able to leave at 3:55 AM and even at this hour and with scant traffic, it took me about 90 mins to cross Delhi's urban sprawl. Rewari and Bhiwani were soon bypassed, and by the time the sun started to show up, I was deep inside Haryana, on my way to the Rajasthan border.

I had really underestimated the cold, and by 7:30 AM, I was frozen stiff. By this time, I had covered about 185 kms, and decided to take a break to warm my numb fingers on the engine. It was a single lane road, not the best surface, but there was hardly any traffic, so i waited there for half an hour for the sun to be properly out.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.24.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-19.01.45.jpeg

Haryana roads were not the best and the quality of driving made it even worse. But very soon I crossed over into Rajasthan, and the road quality improved dramatically. In fact, over the next 10 days, I will discover that most of Rajasthan's roads are very well surfaced and a dream to ride on.

The route in Rajasthan followed State Highway 6, which eventually merged into NH11 at Sri Dungargarh. Most of the photos you see next are on the fantastic SH 6.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.23-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.23.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.24-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.24-2.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.24-3.jpeg

The 490 odd kms to the homestay in Bikaner was covered with two major breaks, first for around 30 mins for the cold to get away, and another 45 min break for breakfast. there were of course 2 fuel stops (one midway, and one after entering Bikaner, so the next morning could start with a full tank), a few photo and bio breaks. I was in my room at exactly 2 pm.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230203-18.56.23-2.jpeg

Watch out for the next bit. Should be fun.
bsenroy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 17:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
Odo reading: 4845 kms

Finally,, almost two months after getting the bike, I was able to take it out on a long ride.
Absolutely lovely pictures! What speeds were you averaging throughout?
Old 28th February 2023, 21:30   #42
BHPian

Lovely pictures. I have the same chrome interceptor. No long rides as yet. I have clocked 2000 kms in one month. A lovely machine. Enjoy your bike!
Old 13th March 2023, 17:42   #43
BHPian

Day 2 | 4 February 2023 | Bikaner to Jaisalmer
Distance covered 438 kms

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-blue-grey-simple-travel-youtube-thumbnail.png

The real ride begins today. Today I would ride into the high desert where the sands dune and the dust storms. Almost no sleep the previous night, coupled with the exhaustion from a 500 km ride and a wonderful home cooked meal at my Bikaner homestay (Harsidh Haveli, highly recommended) meant that I was out like a log at 930 pm.

When the alarm rang at 6 AM, the fatigue had disappeared, and I was ready for the day ahead. After a quick cuppa, I was packed and off by 7 am. Morning traffic was sparse and I was out of the city and the highway in no time. The road was smooth, wide, and largely empty, but something seemed amiss. It was too industrial and impersonal. Sure the road was convenient, and it took you from point A to Point B in the shortest amount of time, but for a traveller that is hardly the point.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230204_091038.jpg
The main highway from Bikaner to Jaisalmer

After about 30 kms on this highway, I came upon an intersection where another road branched off. There were also a couple of tea stalls, so I stopped for a break to see if there was another road I could take.

Speaking to the tea shop owner, it emerged that the smaller road, MDR 37 does indeed take a circuitous road to Jaisalmer, via Mohangarh. I will not follow this road all the way, but will circle back and join the highway at Ramdevra as I wanted to explore the salt flats near Pokhran.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-blue-grey-simple-travel-youtube-thumbnail1.png
A winning breakfast of tea and pyaaz kachori

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-20230204_094204.jpg
Taking the back roads instead

As I rode through the winding roads, the wind in my hair and the sound of my engine reverberating in my ears, I couldn't help but feel a sense of freedom and liberation. The world seemed to open up before me, full of endless possibilities and adventures waiting to be explored.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.024.jpeg
Thanks to the Indira Gandhi Canal, the desert is now green. Just look at these tree tunnels!

The desolate beauty of the landscape around me was simply breathtaking, with the vast expanses of sand dunes and rugged terrain stretching out as far as the eye could see. As I rode deeper into the heart of the desert, the colors of the sky began to shift, turning from warm yellows and oranges to cool blues and purples.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.023.jpeg
Smooth and dreamy roads

The road seemed to go on forever, winding through the desert like a serpent, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the sheer magnitude of this vast, unforgiving landscape. The air was crisp and fresh, and the only sound was the gentle hum of my bike as it ate up the miles.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.022.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.021.jpeg

By 1 PM I was back on the highway headed towards Pokhran. While looking at the region on Google Earth, I had spotted a giant salt lake to the southwest of the town. But when I looked for directions, I could not find one.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-blue-grey-simple-travel-youtube-thumbnail2.png

Available routes took me to the village of Balimarnda, which was still some distance away from the lake. I thought when I reach the village, I will ask for directions. But it was a ghost village. There were houses, but not a soul around. The roads had also ended and were replaced by sandy trails. The Inty is not the best motorcycle for these roads, and mine is bone stock. On top of this, I am not a particularly skilled off road rider. so I had to be very careful.

I switch on the navigation to satellite view and took the trails that were headed in the general direction of the lake.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.013.jpeg
Hopelessly lost in the wilderness

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.02.jpeg

After about 45 minutes of riding around in this desolate landscape, I came across a shepherd who confirmed that I was indeed on the right track and the lake was just a few kms away. Buoyed by this great news, rode on and within no time I was at the lake. Oh man and it was worth it.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.011.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20230313-11.19.012.jpeg
Noor has successfully landed on the moon.

Now, I do not have a GoPro, but just before the trip, i had a brainwave that the old OnePlus phone that I use for navigation, can be, with the right mounting angle, used to record videos of the ride. These will not be super stable videos, but they wont be bad either. So through the day, I had been recording snippets of the ride, which I have now painstakingly put together into one video (it has background music and everything). Anyway, its not the best video you will see, but I am super chuffed at my effort. Here's a look:

bsenroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 18:04   #44
BHPian

Resurrecting this thread with a 3rd service update

3rd Service happened 6 days short of the motorcycle's first anniversary; with the ODO reading 8905 kms.

I wanted to be extra thorough with this service because around the end of the month I am planning a ride, which if things go to plan, might span over 7000 kms till mid Feb, including a long break at my parent's place in Siliguri, WB.

Now a word about RE service. I bought my first motorcycle, a Machismo 500 in 2008, and back then, the service experience, if i am being generous, would have been basic. Rude, ill-informed customer service managers, dirty, often unsanitary workshops, and inordinate delays were par for the course. so the moment the free services were over, i moved on to an experienced mechanic (Many from Delhi would know Pappu bhai from John's).

But ever since i purchased the int650, it was like being transported to another world. All my three services were booked on the app, all of them started on time, with the service manager being extremely well informed and transparent, and while they would now allow me to stay with the mechanic while he was servicing the motorcycle, i was allowed to spend a few mins, 2-3 times through the service, asking questions, which was helpful.

This time, the service manager even created a whatsapp group and kept on sharing video and photo updates; of oil being changed, of brake calipers being cleaned, of tappets being adjusted, front sprockets being cleaned. I dont know if this is an initiative by this particular dealer (Brite Autowheels, Kailash Colony), or is this everywhere, but colour me impressed.

Here's what the 3rd service included (excluding the regular stuff like oil change, air / oil filter change, etc)
  • Changed the brake pads, and took the older ones (both at around 50% as spare for any emergencies during the ride.
  • Ditto for the clutch cable
  • The chrome bits are tough to maintain, so got buffing done.
Here are some photos, followed by the invoice at the end:

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.58.04.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.58.041.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.58.042.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.58.05.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.58.051.jpeg

Buffing was a good idea, but lets see how long it stays this way.
2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.37.59.jpeg

Total damages: Rs 12,842
2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.39.45.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20231204-17.39.44.jpeg

Last edited by bsenroy : 4th December 2023 at 18:09.
bsenroy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 10:52   #45
BHPian

Between 28-30 December 2023, I rode from Noida where I live to my parent’s home in Siliguri on my Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Here is the account of Day 1

28 December 2023
Noida to Ayodhya
Distance: 653 kms
Fuel consumed: 27.58 L

The first 500 kms were expressways, first the Yamuna Expressway and then the Agra-Lucknow Expressway. This boring stretch was made interesting by the persistent and thick blanket of fog. Thankfully I had just purchased a waterproof winter jacket from Decathelon which I wore over my riding jacket. This took care of all the condensation. In fact there was so much dew and condensation that even the pin-Lock in my helmet was saturated.

Fog Induced delay meant I reached lucknow around 1 pm and took me close to 1 hr 45 mins to cross the city and its clogged roads before I hit NH 27. Reached Aydhya by 430 PM and checked into Trimrooms Shubharambh (9899898481) on the highway itself.

Most of Ayodhya’s hotels were full as a host of dignitaries, including the CM of UP and the PM were in the city to inaugurate the airport. But somehow I was able to find a room in this newly-built property, which is essentially a marriage venue. This means that if a wedding were to take place during your stay, there would be a lot of noise. The rooms were nice, and the food was tasty, if vegetarian. Rs 2500.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.03.jpeg
Early morning on the Yamuna Expressway

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.04.jpeg
Fog...fog...everywhere

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.041.jpeg
Everything is covered in a layer of condensation.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.05.jpeg
Even more fog.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.06.jpeg
Yamuna Expressway turns into Agra Lucknow Expressway. 300 kms done, time for breakfast.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.061.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.07.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.08.jpeg
Through some Lucknow lanes. Took me 2 hours to cross the city. Terrible traffic.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.081.jpeg
Finally, time for some Lunch.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.083.jpeg
Highway gourmet.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.43.09.jpeg
Hotel in Ayodhya.
bsenroy is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks