Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 19:37   #1
BHPian

76 Model Original RE Bullet Photo Required

I recently purchased a 76 model bullet 350 which i want to restore to the original 76 look. So pls anyone with pics of this 76 pictures and also classic bull pics send to me. Also anyone who no any guy who is in the trade of restoration, pls help me.
Old 6th July 2007, 20:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have a 70 model Bullet. But i changed it appearance a little bit since i bought the bike so unfortunately i cannot help you with the picture.

A picture speaks a thousand words true but i'll try to explain to you in words how it used to look like. Basically there aint not much difference to it when u compare it with a 80's model or 90's model except in these following areas:-

*The front mudguard is deep and covers the wheel fully and the mudguard has flat sides on either sides in the front where you can write the vehicle number.

* Rear mudguards are the normal square type items with square type mudguard stays.

* Some models had the rubber padding on the fuel tank. And some dont have it but the holes for the screws would be under layers of putty.

* The front and the rear hubs are of the half width variety. It means that the spokes on the hub have different length on each side.

* The speedometer drive is taken off the rear wheel.

* There is a Bolt on the crankcase which is right next to the oil pipe going to the cylinder head. That is the oil pressure relief valve (Later models dont have this)

* On the left side under the cylinder the crank case vent tube exits from a piece that is screwed on to the crankcase by three small screws. On later models it's cast.

I'll try to help you with a picture if i'm able to find one.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th July 2007 at 20:47.
Old 6th July 2007, 23:00   #3
BHPian

thanx for the information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks