Team-BHP - fixing big tyres on unicorn pictorial explanation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   fixing big tyres on unicorn pictorial explanation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/26105-fixing-big-tyres-unicorn-pictorial-explanation.html)

:) HI!!! this is my friends unicorn which i moded so i thought of sharing it with some pic so that u can do it by urself.since his father too rides it we thought of doing it as simple as possible without affecting its orginal performance and looks
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

STEP 1: since the stock mudguard is lean and has only room for 100/90 R18 we need some little modes in order to fix a biger tyre other take off the rear mudguard and cut the pieses as shown in the pic below.since the side wall of the mudguard is cuted you must secure the electrical unit with plastic cover or u can fabricate some metal cover for the side wall
[/IMG]

STEP 2: now the swingarm needs to be choped a little bit.remove the swingarm and cut the rectangular piece of metal near the mono clamp and the break drum stay which is straight should be bent a little bit where the tyre comes in contact.if the swing arm still touches the tyre then u can heat that portion alone and make a small depression so the tyre wont rubb the stay while running.the red mark in pic shows the stock stay position before cutting the metal piece this should be done on both sides(this job is done in any local fabrication shop)
[/IMG]

STEP 3:now the crutial part the sproket this part of mode is done only when big tyres above 130 mm is fixed.so remove the sproket and add a 10mm plate or more which ever u need according to your tyre and fix it to the sproket holder and fix the sproket above the plate so that the sproket comes outwards near the swingarm and chain adjuster .the stock bolt should be replaced with taper alinkey bolts(rs 60 each)i used TVS bolts which is of good quality .note taht extending too much will need you to extend the frount sproket so be carefull not to mess up
[/IMG]

the rest of the mode is as usual like fixing the 15" eluminator rim to the unicorn drum.all ways remove sproket insert a porton of the tyre and then fix the sproket or else big tyres will not get in the swingarm.if u need u can raise the suspension by weldig a ring on top of the mono but it will not look very good.soon ill post pic on the stock chain cover and fixing

list of expences

rim fixing on hub 90
spokes(don remember which one) 140
metal fabrication 250
lath work(sproket extension) 450
tvs bolt 240
tyre fixing (on rim) 30
mat painting 150

friends pls do ask me any info ill help u out and do tell me how does it look.need some reps plssss

Ecellent, and very usefull for others who opt for this modification.

It looks good,but then how is the overall driving experience.

As an youngster I had owned quite a number bullets and road kings.(java).
In those days i too was fascinated with modifying for looks,silencer sound,bigger and fatter tires color combos for body painting stickers etc. probably need was there as the bikes available were just too plain and simple.
But today's bikes are modern efficient more technologically advanced.
Is there any such need to tinker with unless there is some benefit in performance.But then if looks are the criteria then as i said earlier it looks great. Happy riding.