Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 22:09   #1
BHPian

All-new Aprilia RS 457, now launched at 4.1 lakh

All-new Aprilia RS 440 spied for the first time; could get 440cc parallel-twin. The RS 440 will be the first Aprilia motorcycle to be manufactured in India.

Full article below.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...el-twin-427147

Mod Note: Our Aprilia RS 457 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2024 at 10:17. Reason: Link to review added
ramki.grandhi is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 00:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: All-new Aprilia RS 457, now launched at 4.1 lakh

Looks decent. Would be interesting to see if we finally have a decent competitor for the KTM twins which have been enjoying a free reign in the 2-5L 40-60hp segment.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 02:44   #3
BHPian

As an Aprilia enthusiast and owner I really think the product will be a resounding success if it sells for under 5.5L on the road. Considering Aprilia and the increasing costs of ownership plus manufacturing, I really hope the RS440 doesn't set a person back say 7-7.5 Lakhs OTR in 2024 for a 450cc bike. It would just be very sad!

Considering the global success of the RS660, the 440 will surely be the sexiest bike in the market under 10L on-road! The 660 is an absolutely beautiful machine. Right up there with the Ducati's and MV Agusta's! The same would apply to the 440.

If Aprilia India keep in mind the price sensitive Indian customer and launch the 440 at a great price. Anything between 4.5 to 5.7Lakhs on the road will ensure it is a winner!
Be a racer.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 05:37   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Aprilia makes beautiful machines. I rode a friend"s Tuono extensively years ago and fell in love. As said above, if they get their pricing strategy correct, should sell really well.
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 06:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Aprilias make some of the most desirable bikes out there no question about it. In the sports / supersports, the Tuono / RSV4 factory are some of the sexiest looking bikes in the segment (almost right up there with the Panigale) and this looks like it has much the same design promise. The fact that they run those brilliantly engineered V4 and twin engines is another pull for many.

I hope they can contain the Italian premium to something palatable but this will really set the cat amongst the pigeons if it comes at even a half decent price point.

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd February 2023 at 06:49.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:20   #6
BANNED

I saw this too but I don't think it will be made available in India because Aprilia is just so expensive as compared to other bikes in the same category. Glamorous bikes indeed but exorbitantly priced.
zaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 18:55   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A little birdie tells me that Aprilia expects to sell these bikes starting in April 2023. Hopefully their offering(s?) can bring some much needed excitement to the segment and shake things up, even if the pricing is at a premium.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A little birdie tells me that Aprilia expects to sell these bikes starting in April 2023. Hopefully their offering(s?) can bring some much needed excitement to the segment and shake things up, even if the pricing is at a premium.
What? So soon? I haven't even started saving yet!

A V4 perhaps? would make an already premium-positioned product, even more expensive. But would still be that dream machine for many. A 5L ex-showroom would be fantastic news - considering local production. However, that entire segment is priced unrealistically, so its silly to expect a price like that.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
What? So soon? I haven't even started saving yet!

A V4 perhaps? would make an already premium-positioned product, even more expensive. But would still be that dream machine for many. A 5L ex-showroom would be fantastic news - considering local production. However, that entire segment is priced unrealistically, so its silly to expect a price like that.
Im pretty sure that it will be a twin and not a V4. Logically speaking, Aprilia should launch the Tuono and RS variants of the new bike. Given that Aprilia has never been a manufacturer that has played on scale, they simply cannot give us bargain basement pricing for their products. In the end, it is quite likely that many of us will have to wait for low run bikes to come up in the pre-owned market.

I, for one, am just glad to have more options for our enthusiast community to choose from!
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Im pretty sure that it will be a twin and not a V4. Logically speaking, Aprilia should launch the Tuono and RS variants of the new bike. Given that Aprilia has never been a manufacturer that has played on scale, they simply cannot give us bargain basement pricing for their products. In the end, it is quite likely that many of us will have to wait for low run bikes to come up in the pre-owned market.

I, for one, am just glad to have more options for our enthusiast community to choose from!
I am sorry, I meant V-twin, not V4. Later read the Autocar report and understood that it would have a parallel twin layout. Makes sense - both for packaging as well as for cost reasons.

I am guessing they would cap the power output to 47 hp, to make it A2 license ready.
Old 6th July 2023, 10:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Spotted! Aprilia RS440 to take on Yamaha R3 in India

Aprilia seems to be planning to take on the likes of the KTM RC 390 and the upcoming Yamaha R3 in India. The company has started testing the RS440 in the country, which suggests that the bike is in its advanced stages of development.

All-new Aprilia RS 457, now launched at 4.1 lakh-apriliars440rightrearthreequarter0.jpg

The Aprilia RS440 is a fully-faired supersport bike, inspired by the RS660. It has a stepped seat with rear set foot pegs and what appear to be clip-on handlebars. The bike is fitted with an underbelly exhaust.

The RS440 will be powered by a 440cc parallel-twin engine producing around 48 BHP. The engine will be paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

The RS440 test bike is equipped with an upside-down front fork and a rear mono-shock. It rides on alloy wheels and has disc brakes at both ends.

Source: Powerdrift

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th July 2023 at 10:13.
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 21:24   #12
BHPian

Re: Spotted! Aprilia RS440 to take on Yamaha R3 in India

This is great news but I suppose we have to talk about the elephant in the room, Triumph.

I'm happy that an Italian manufacturer is entering the 300-500cc Sports bike segment once again after the demise of Benelli's 302R but the Speed 400 has put the sales of any 300-500cc bike (RE 650's included of course) over the 1.9L Ex-showroom.

We can only hope that Aprilia prices this bike competitively but knowing their pricing history that's highly unlikely. If you exclude the 300cc Keeway's and BMW C400GT that practically no one buys the Aprilia as well as sister brand Vespa have some of the most expensive petrol scooters on the market. It's the same on the motorcycle side of things, the Tuono/RS660 are about 5 Lakh more expensive than segment rivals CB/CBR650R and almost twice the price of the Ninja/Z650 twins.
Old 7th July 2023, 06:06   #13
Team-BHP Support

@GreasyCarb:

Some of the points you have mentioned are very valid. But for this particular product, the Aprilia’s challenge is not the Triumphs but the immensely capable RC 390, which is still available at a reasonably sensible price point. Also the R3 as and when it hits our shores, assuming that bike is also priced somewhat within strike range of the RC. Its likely though that they will see their pricing benchmark as the similar CC Kawasaki and not the KTM - we’ll need to see is where their price ends up in comparison to the Kawi.

What is really exciting though are recent rumblings (strictly grapevine) that they may launch their Tuareg 660 sometime later this year. Now THAT will definitely have its share of takers.
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 19:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What is really exciting though are recent rumblings (strictly grapevine) that they may launch their Tuareg 660 sometime later this year. Now THAT will definitely have its share of takers.
THAT would be amazing! But how much would it end up costing I wonder. A proper premium over something the v-strom for sure so 12-13 ex showroom? Which would put it in BMW 850 territory and in striking distance of the tigers and Africa Twin. Tough sell for the mind but for proper enthusiasts I’m sure that wouldn’t be a sticking point. Really wish Honda would get their act together but that’s wishful thinking for another thread I suppose.
Old 10th July 2023, 17:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
@GreasyCarb:

Looks like there is some truth to this, after all. Here's an article by Autocar India where a yet another spy shot of the Aprilia RS 440 has been captured.

However, this time there seems to be a 'companion' along with it. Neither Rushlane nor Autocar India commented on this other bike with the RS 440. It seems like it is the Tuareg to me. (Would appreciate it if any eagle eye could confirm or deny this)

Source:
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...-launch-428706

All-new Aprilia RS 457, now launched at 4.1 lakh-aprilia-tuaregrs440.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed