Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2007, 00:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Am just wondering where yezdi would have been after the demise of 100cc economuter and entry of performance bikes like p220 and Karizma. Yezdis can batter them front and centre and back with some prominent mods and updates.
Old 14th July 2007, 01:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
not even close dude. The Y350 and RD350 were like chalk and cheese.
I'll take the chalk & melt the cheese anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
i still remember the time when i took my CL-II to college in my first year and promptly got pulled up by the seniors for "showing off in college by bringing a yezdi"

one of the seniors demanded a ride, got me off the bike, he got onto it and spent a good 15-20 seconds searching for something....he then asked me with a puzzled expression on his face "where on earth is the kick starter?"
Typical of a moped user, all of the 100cc available to him. LOL. Should have let him ride & fall.
Old 14th July 2007, 11:42   #33
BHPian

Owned a Yezdi Roadking from 1996 to 2001, what an awesome bike. Its roadgrip was amazing. Does any one remember the auto declutch avalable only on that bike. The bike needs to be tilted while taking turns unlike mostof the 100CC bikes. I remember beating a Suzuki Shogun hands down. 0-60 in 4.1 secs claimed was pretty good too. Never really measured time, but 5 secs for 0-60 was very possible. This bike had a 16 BHP motor.
Old 15th July 2007, 10:41   #34
BANNED

The international jawa still manufactures the jawa bikes .
Old 15th July 2007, 16:17   #35
BHPian

A bike proposed by yezdi india may be from international jawa. As told in an early post auto india had speculated its entry.
Old 15th July 2007, 16:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Did you know they had an International Yezdi Day on July 10th????

Of course, it can happen only in Mysore with a drive up Chamundi Hills!

The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : When Yezdis and Jawas vroomed past the streets
Old 15th July 2007, 16:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
The bike needs to be tilted while taking turns unlike mostof the 100CC bikes.
Anything on 2 wheels needs to be tilted while turning at speed. Atleast on this planet.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2007, 19:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Anything on 2 wheels needs to be tilted while turning at speed. Atleast on this planet.
But yezdi a bit more than those two wheelers.
Old 15th July 2007, 20:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Yezdi had very little turning radius which meant it was difficult to handle while parking etc.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:28   #40
BHPian

Hey, wow, this thread really brings back those college days! In 1996, took delivery of my brand new Roadking, and immediately rode to a friend's garage to remove the metal thingy behind the seat and the sari-guard. Removed all the stickers too, and immediately removed the silencer flutes for the authentic Yezdi beat!

Was my daily ride till 2003, when I left India. 2 years ago, the folks gave the bike away to someone we know, and then it promptly got sold again! Still trying to trace it back now.

Apart from college and work, the bike also took me to Madras and back, and once to Kerala (Wynad) and back, with a lunch stop at Ooty. Used to really stand out like a stallion with the high tank in the college parking lot.

Best memories were late night rides with two pals, also on Roadkings. Used to make a racket enough to raise the dead! If anyone else who has ridden two Yezdis side by side remembers, there would come a time when the beats would become coordinated, and that was sheer music! 3 Yezdi beats getting coordinated is like a symphony in percussion

Saw an earlier post about throwing the bike into a turn. Without doubt, Yezdi was THE bike to throw down into a curve. Was most evident when riding up to Ooty from Sultan Battery. No other Indian bike of the time would have responded to those curves like that. Rode a Bullet long distance, and its character is totally different from a RK.

Also had an episode when a friend who borrowed the bike came back to me after a while to ask where the kick-start lever was.

A piece of history, definitely..
Old 16th July 2007, 20:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
BTW, did any other bike use the same lever for a kick start and for the gear shifter?
Some of the erstwhile Rajdoot models did. Later they came up with a separate lever for the starter on the outershaft.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:26   #42
BHPian

I have got a picture of autoindia reported jawa. But not been able to post it, anybody having similar problem in posting pictures

[FONT='Times New Roman'] [/FONT]

Last edited by swathyd : 16th July 2007 at 23:32.
Old 17th July 2007, 10:12   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I used my Roadking until last year !! Ok, my dad's 22 yr old Roadking.

Since then it has been lying with the mechanic. I am going to go meet him today itsefl and ask him what happened to the bik
Old 17th July 2007, 10:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

The old road kings were the best. Get it back man.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
The factory has been sold(it closed down in 1996) and the people who bought it, auctioned off the remaining bikes/parts/machinery etc and then razed the buildings down. There is nothing at the site now - sadly, YEZDI has been fully confined to the history books for now. Some die hard fans still run the bikes, but for how long?
i got an yezdi 350 from the shutdown factory in 2003 for 12k. built it our of parts that were lying around in the factory on the assly line and in the stores. it has run 198kms (155 of it from mysore to bangalore) but unfortunately it cannot be registered! hey but what the hell, i love it and i still sneak a ride once in a way on sundays. only prob its got a dc ignition. once the batt is down, no way of starting that beauty. pity but at least i still got one !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks