Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2007, 20:42   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepm View Post
... and tats Addu bhai with the blue/white bazon...
Aha. Thought that person looked familiar.

Man, it's so sad to see those pics.... Gulp
Old 9th November 2007, 10:00   #62

Does anyone know the whereabouts of this 1957's silencers, bend pipes and rear brake lever??? I am modifying standard parts to make it appear as per factory specs. Your help would be appreciated
Old 10th March 2009, 11:55   #63
BHPian

YEZDI Mysore Plant Re-Opening

I am told that the Yezdi Plant is re-opening and that they are contacting all their dealers of yesteryears.

While this might be an initial report ... I thought I should be sharing thsi wonderful news with fellow enthusiasts.

Cheers!

shivshanker

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th March 2009 at 12:01. Reason: Search please and lets not open a new thread unless its confirmed news. Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 12:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

Does that mean they will be manufacturing the bikes and selling them again?
Old 10th March 2009, 13:08   #65
BHPian

looks like it,

As I am still in negotiations with a EX dealer for completing the paper work for 4 of his unsold stock.

He claims that he has been approached by an EX-YEZDI employee for re-newing his dealership
Old 10th March 2009, 13:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

I doubt it - arent emission norms far ahead of those YEZDI days ??
Old 10th March 2009, 14:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Even if the plant reopens, I guess it will now have to manufacture bikes which adhere to the current emission norms, which more or less means two strokers are almost on the way out ! I'm sure it can never manufacture and sell the Yezdi in the same avtaar again......
Old 10th March 2009, 21:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Even if the plant reopens, I guess it will now have to manufacture bikes which adhere to the current emission norms, which more or less means two strokers are almost on the way out ! I'm sure it can never manufacture and sell the Yezdi in the same avtaar again......
True even ifs it relaunched, it would have to be a four stroke version. Is there some sort of government ban on two strokers in India? Or are manufactures still allowed to make two strokes providing they match current emission norms?
Old 10th March 2009, 21:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
looks like it,

As I am still in negotiations with a EX dealer for completing the paper work for 4 of his unsold stock.

He claims that he has been approached by an EX-YEZDI employee for re-newing his dealership
Hey Shivshanker: Are you able to complete the paperwork? Because I have a bike which was picked up from the factory after it was shut down and have not been able to do anything about registering the bike.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:14   #70
BHPian

Apparently Ideal Jawa (India) continues to maintain a web presence ... have a look at IDEAL JAWA ( INDIA ) LIMITED . There's even a Feedback / Contact Us page, where you can fill out a form and post a question.

Just googled this site ... JAWA Moto spol. s r.o ... which seems to be the homepage of Jawa road-going motorcycles of the Czech Republic.

Apparently, both 2 strokes (non EU markets) and 4 strokes (EU markets) are still being made.

Jawa's UK distributor's site is Jawa motorbike dealer in the UK .. and they also distribute other obscure makes ... index.html ... like Ural, Dnepr and our very own Royal Enfield.

Hopefully, Ideal Jawa is talking to some well-known bike manufacturer, to resurrect / reinvent themselves in any sensible and commercially viable way possible.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Last edited by FourWheelDrift : 10th March 2009 at 23:23.
Old 11th March 2009, 02:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks like it,

My friend, as much as you and me would love to see the rebirth of Yezdi, it is just not going to happen. The old factory building exists no more and all the machines/parts etc have been scrapped or sold. So, what you heard is just a story. Come back to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
You are right, they can never manufacture the old tech bikes. Even if someone got into an alliance with CZ/Jawa to manufacture their 4 strokes, how successful do you think they will be, competing with Honda/Bajaj/Hero?
Old 11th March 2009, 02:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am told that the Yezdi Plant is re-opening and that they are contacting all their dealers of yesteryears.

You mean this plant: ??

Google Maps

Oh wait, there's no plant there. Only a few plants and bushes. And lots of empty ground.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 11th March 2009 at 02:38.
Old 11th March 2009, 02:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Rumours.that's it.Yezdi with it's simple 2 stroke engine won't be going to pass any PUC norms.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Rumours.that's it.Yezdi with it's simple 2 stroke engine won't be going to pass any PUC norms.
What if they want to get the 4 stroke Jawas that are still being manufactured and sell them here? Opening up the factory is a far cry, at least it wont be in the same place. They are some apartments/complexes come up at that place.
Old 11th March 2009, 23:57   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
What if they want to get the 4 stroke Jawas
I guess there is only one 4 stroke jawa, that too, one which looks more like a copy of the V-Rod with a 650cc Rotax engine.

Nothing bad as such, but but nothing like their symmetric 2-stroke bikes.

Most Viewed