Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 12:28   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobojames9 View Post
Guys,
I came across a few posts in this thread saying that the yezdi roadking can be bought in the seconds market for around 5,000 to 8,000. Is it true? Want to get my hands on one. And in a way i'll be maintaining a piece of history with me. Still remember when i was around 11 sitting pillion on my cousins roadking was so much fun. Sadly, he sold his bike off a few years ago. Anyways, please let me no and please direct me to the places i should be looking. Thankyou
Maybe a little late in replying to this but here goes - It is true that this incredible machine on two wheels can be picked up in bangalore for about 8-10k. You could look in places like Shivaji Nagar where there are a few mechanics and garages that do work on Yezdis/Jawas.
I picked up my Yezdi Roadking 250 '89 about 2 years back from a mechanic in Shivaji Nagar. Depending on the condition of the bike that you get you might have to spend a little on it to bring into smooth running condition. (I had to spend about 8k) But of course you will love every moment you spend talking to the wind while on this motorbike.
You will have to be patient though in finding a good bike as they are not very easily available.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
All,
The Java (Yezdi) factory property has been sold to a builder and he has demolished the entire somplex and built a apartment complex and has sold the entire lot of apartments. I feel very sad when i travel in that road when i visit Mysore during weekends. I will capture a picture of the exisitng apartment complex which has replaced Yezdi and post it maybe this weekend.
Another old landmark gone ! Guess land value in Yadavagiri was too tempting to resist !
Old 1st July 2009, 18:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

someone asked about production two strokers in India.add the noisy tvs mopeds(50cc) which are still produced to serve in tamilnadu state and some outside sales as well.and ,ofcourse bajaj 2-stroke autos are still manufactured;isn't it?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:35   #94
BHPian

are there any new bikes available? can you PM me, i wld be interested in buying them even if they are without papers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
looks like it,

As I am still in negotiations with a EX dealer for completing the paper work for 4 of his unsold stock.

He claims that he has been approached by an EX-YEZDI employee for re-newing his dealership
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:34   #95
BHPian

There are two, Roadkings available with my mechanic.
PM me for his address and phone no.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Wajdi Motors near contonmement station in Bangalore once used to sell Yezdi bikes.Im not too sure,if they are still open.
Old 6th July 2009, 00:17   #97
BHPian

Jawa in Pune

Clicked this beautifully restored and maintained Jawa at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune on 1st July, 2009. Any idea who's bike is this?
Attached Thumbnails
Jawa Yezdi still being produced???-jawa1.jpg  

Old 10th July 2009, 12:27   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Clicked this beautifully restored and maintained Jawa at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune on 1st July, 2009. Any idea who's bike is this?
That is a nice Jawa. Owner must be quite proud.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:23   #99
BANNED

@Double are they new unsold Yezdis?
Old 13th July 2009, 17:34   #100
BHPian

NOT unused and they are used bikes.
The new owner will be third or more.

From my search, I came to know that, it is very difficult to see, single owner +good running condition + stock bore bike in the market.

At least one would be missing.If you get with all above criteria, he will quote more.( 25K+ and I have couple of bikes too).

So If you want, pick any running condition bike and rebuild the engine with some good yezdi mechanic ( check jawaclub.com ) and that will work out to be cheaper.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:36   #101
BHPian

>>At least one would be missing.If you get with all above criteria, he will >>quote more.( 25K+ and I have couple of bikes too).

Sorry for TYPO, read it as ( 25K+ and I have SEEN couple of bikes too).
Old 13th July 2009, 17:53   #102
BHPian

2 years back when the land where the Yezdi factor is located was auctioned and the Yezdi people had to vacate the factor, they had around 30 Road kings along with other smaller cc bikes. All where band new but without papers. Most of them got sold for 15-20k. The buyer had to get the papers from scrap dealers or from somewhere else and get the same engine number and Chassie number in the plate which was provided along with the bike.
Old 13th July 2009, 18:00   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post

From my search, I came to know that, it is very difficult to see, single owner +good running condition + stock bore bike in the market.

At least one would be missing.If you get with all above criteria, he will quote more.( 25K+ and I have couple of bikes too).
I guess it is also a matter of luck. Have bought a 1996 Roadking, single owner, stock bore, good running condition, decent cosmetic condition (seat is in a pretty bad condition) for 16 K two weeks back from a person in Bangalore who was quite passionate about his bike.

Thanks to GirishPV for the pointer
Old 16th July 2009, 13:41   #104
BHPian

Hi,

My yezdi's front shock absorbers are really hard and because of that two times the number plate clamp is broken.

Is it possible change the front forks to any of latest japanese bikes.
( ambition's /achiever's / cbz's /pulsar's )

Is there any one done this before ?
Old 16th July 2009, 13:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
Hi,

My yezdi's front shock absorbers are really hard and because of that two times the number plate clamp is broken.

Is it possible change the front forks to any of latest japanese bikes.
( ambition's /achiever's / cbz's /pulsar's )

Is there any one done this before ?
rd 350 shocks with kb100/125 front mudguard suits the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks