Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 16:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Activa 125 H-Smart details leaked ahead of launch

Honda launched the Activa 6G H-Smart in January this year. Now, the bikemaker is gearing up to introduce its keyless tech on the Activa 125 as well.

Honda Activa 125 H-Smart details leaked ahead of launch-activa125_home_first_2023_17.jpg

Details of the upcoming Activa 125 H-Smart have leaked online and like the Activa 6G, the 125cc version will also come with a Smart Key. It enables the rider to lock or unlock the handlebar, access the under-seat storage or open the fuel lid without the need for a physical key. The Smart Key can also be used to locate the scooter in a parking lot and comes with an anti-theft function.

Besides this, no mechanical changes are expected. The Activa 125 will continue to use the 123.97cc single-cylinder engine, which puts out 8.18 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 10.3 Nm @ 5,000 rpm. The engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st March 2023 at 16:41.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 17:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa 125 H-Smart details leaked ahead of launch

Honda Activa 125 with Smart key launched at Rs 88,093

Honda has announced the launch of the Activa 125 H Smart. It is the new top-of-the-line variant of the Activa 125 and is priced at Rs 88,093 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Honda Activa 125 H-Smart details leaked ahead of launch-screenshot-20230328-170803.jpg

The Activa 125 H Smart comes with a Smart key, just like the Activa 6G H Smart launched earlier. The scooter gets keyless functionality along with an immobilizer.

The Activa 125 H Smart also gets features such as Smart Find, Smart Unlock, Smart Safe and Smart Start. These are essentially remote lock / unlock, remote start and remote locate functions.

The Activa 125 H Smart is now powered by an RDE-compliant 124cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 8 BHP and 10.3 Nm. It is equipped with a telescopic front fork and an adjustable shock absorber at the rear. The braking is handled by a front disc brake and a drum brake at the rear.

The Activa 125 H Smart is available in five colour options: Heavy Gray Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Pearl Night Star Black, Pearl Precious White with Salen Silver Metallic and Rebel Red Metallic.
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 18:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

The standard Activa 125, that was not so smart, weighed 103 Kg producing 8.5 Bhp, atleast as advertised on company's website. The smart one now weighs 109 Kg & makes 8.19 Bhp (6.11 kw). a reduce in 0.5 bhp isn't a big significance, but the weight from 103 to 109 makes a lot of difference, especially on the Bhp per ton from 82.52 Bhp per ton to 75.13 bhp per ton; and when compared the torque, the older model had 97.09 Nm per ton while the smart one now makes 95.41 Nm per ton.

So what's the industry average of most 125cc scooters?

79.45 Bhp per ton (79.69 including Activa)
93.87 Nm per ton (94.12 including Activa)

Perhaps the smart is only in the title!! Here's the tech spec of the new model

Honda Activa 125 H-Smart details leaked ahead of launch-a1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 28th March 2023 at 18:06.
aargee is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Between Honda and Suzuki, at least Honda is bringing new inventions to the successful Activa series, unlike Suzuki who wants 20000 more for 2 inch bigger tyre in Burgman 125. I like Suzuki 125 engine, but Honda's silent start, distance to empty meter, and now keyless operations at a lower pricepoint than the already too long in the tooth Access 125 makes Activa a wonderful proposition.

It is just sad that both Japanese giants don't deem India worthy of the 150cc+ scooters. Especially Suzuki, whose Access and Burgman look ever the same for more than 5 years now.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 21:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I like Suzuki 125 engine, but Honda's silent start, distance to empty meter, and now keyless operations at a lower pricepoint than the already too long in the tooth Access 125 makes Activa a wonderful proposition
And add to that fully metal body in Activa instead of metal inserts in Access 125. The silent start should perhaps silently make way into Access 125 as it has already made into Burgman about 3-4 months ago.
Old 29th March 2023, 07:16   #6
BHPian

Is this e20 complaint?, why don't makers advertise this, seeing that should be the first thing buyers should be keen on.
Will have to see how this smart key works. Hope someone does not ride away the scooter during short halts on roadside shops.
The smart variant does away with the kicker, it's self start only model. Having gone through two scooters aged 6 and 9,I would say a kicker it's a must.
People shopping for an Activa or an access for that matter wouldn't care much about the spec sheet.
The most important question would be kitna deti he.
Wonder why the raise in weight.

Happy motoring.
Old 29th March 2023, 08:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Honda quality has literally gone down the drain. Not to mention their atrocious service charges. They charge labour separately for many items which ideally should have been part of general service. Honda service centres, at least in Chennai, are now nothing but daylight robbery centres. 50 bucks is what they charged for a dab of grease. After all this, a horrible FE of 33-35 kmpl. I had a forgettable experience with my 2012 Dio which was mostly used by the wife. The vehicle had starting trouble if not used for a couple of days. Had to kick the lever multiple times to get the engine running. This is not what I bought a Honda for. Finally got rid of it, replaced by a Yamaha Ray ZR Hybrid just yesterday.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Honda quality is down the drain. Finally got rid of it, replaced by a Yamaha Ray ZR Hybrid just yesterday.
Hi, how would you compare the ride quality with Activa 125, would you recommend the Ray zr over Activa 125 for a 68 year old.
Also is the Ray e20 compliant?

Happy motoring.
Old 29th March 2023, 09:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda quality has literally gone down the drain
They still have the quality, but lack the finesse "Honda quality" that's all. It's a dog-eat-dog competition & typical Customers attitude perhaps that has driven to this stage. I don't know about the newer models, we've a 2005 model & to this date it can be restored to pristine by Didar Motors (yep, the same Honda ASC). This is why I always believe in 2 things firmly
1. Every manufacturer makes a superb product, its the ASC that makes our ownership experience better or bitter
2. Buying is one time affair, but maintenance is for lifetime

We've a choice only to buy/not to buy a product because manufacturers offer competitive products. Since ASC's don't compete, we're always left with poor ownership experience

Quote:
Not to mention their atrocious service charges. They charge labour separately for many items which ideally should have been part of general service. Honda service centres, at least in Chennai, are now nothing but daylight robbery centres. 50 bucks is what they charged for a dab of grease
This I will partly put it on the Customers as well; some of them argue, threaten, cajole & even leave their vehicles at ASC forever & land up not paying for a fair service which causes ASC to reclaim their lost money through other means. I don't justify the act of ASC, but only stating the other side of the story. Ideally an ASC ought to treat fairly no matter how the Customers behave; but again, if I don't eat a Lion, it doesn't mean the jungle king will treat me fairly isn't it?

Quote:
After all this, a horrible FE of 33-35 kmpl
Something seriously wrong with the vehicle then or the FNG/ASC had been disloyal at the job; we had our lowest FE like 37/38 Kmpl {from what we used hover around 44-48 & even 50 once} that was because we hadn't serviced for a long time + my aggressive right hand. Dio is one of THE BEST scooter with lowest power to weight ratio & yields a slightly better FE than Activa as well.

Quote:
Finally got rid of it, replaced by a Yamaha Ray ZR Hybrid just yesterday.

Congratulations

on a wise choice. Atleast for now, Yamaha RayZR & Fascino are excellent VFM scooters. My only apprehension being, not sure how long will the the plastics endure. I'm assuming your usage is below 16-17 Km a day.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 11:01   #10
BHPian

Hello Guys.
Need advice and am confused between Honda Activa 125 H and Jupiter 125 disc brake model.
The price difference is not much of a concern.
Daily driving is around 10-15 km and occasionally sat evening with family for 10-20 km for dinner and stuff.

Currently, I have Honda Activa which is 10 years old and is doing fine, but beginning to show age and need to get new wheels so the family is more comfortable coming along.

Suggestions on any other model which I can consider would also be of help.

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2023, 14:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
My only apprehension being, not sure how long will the the plastics endure. I'm assuming your usage is below 16-17 Km a day.
My friend has a 3 yr old Fascino and boy those plastics rattle like hell..and if you meet with an accident...

She is contemplating buying Access now!
Old 30th March 2023, 07:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Hi, how would you compare the ride quality with Activa 125, would you recommend the Ray zr over Activa 125 for a 68 year old.
Also is the Ray e20 compliant?.
I have no idea of the ride quality of the Activa 125. The suspension of the Ray ZR, from what I have heard, is set on the stiffer side. It's best that you have the person check out both scooters themselves. I haven't ridden either of these as I am based outside India now, the scooter is for the wife. The Ray is E20 compatible. The upgraded model was launched mid Feb this year.

Quote:
1. Every manufacturer makes a superb product, its the ASC that makes our ownership experience better or bitter
2. Buying is one time affair, but maintenance is for lifetime
I believe the service charges are set by Honda and not the dealer. Whatever they are doing is unethical. I'm pretty sure in a country where laws get the job done, they wouldn't dare do such a thing. Why the hell charge labour for general service and then again for remove and refit labour for some part that would anyway have to be removed for general service. Both me and my wife agreed that whatever we buy, we are not touching a Honda.

Quote:
Something seriously wrong with the vehicle then or the FNG/ASC had been disloyal at the job; we had our lowest FE like 37/38 Kmpl {from what we used hover around 44-48 & even 50 once} that was because we hadn't serviced for a long time + my aggressive right hand. Dio is one of THE BEST scooter with lowest power to weight ratio & yields a slightly better FE than Activa as well.
It might be a manufacturing defect with the vehicle itself. I have never seen anything more than 37 kmpl ever. Moreover, had to do a engine rebuild at around 35k kms. This, for a vehicle that was serviced regularly at Honda ASC's. The workshop acknowledged that the problem was from the factory itself, but they couldn't do anything since it was out of warranty. So much for the famed Honda quality. Mind you the vehicle was never ridden harshly, speeds never exceeded 60 kmph. It was mostly driven at a max speed of 50 kmph only. One of my colleagues also had to go through a engine rebuild for his Unicorn. Luckily for him, it packed up just before the expiry of the 5 year warranty period.

Quote:

Congratulations

on a wise choice. Atleast for now, Yamaha RayZR & Fascino are excellent VFM scooters. My only apprehension being, not sure how long will the the plastics endure. I'm assuming your usage is below 16-17 Km a day.
Thanks. The roads are in good shape from door to door, so hope there won't be much rattling from the plastics. The usage is around 35 kms per day. I was seriously considering getting the Ather 450X Gen3, but the additional investment of about 60k didn't make sense for our kind of running, not to mention the hassle of getting the battery charged every other day.

Last edited by longhorn : 30th March 2023 at 07:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks