Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 15:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs

The Hero Karizma was discontinued back in February 2020. However, as per a new report, Hero MotorCorp plans to resurrect the brand soon.

Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs-karizmazmrnew24.jpg

The report states that the bike maker is likely to launch the Karizma in a more premium avatar later this year. It is said that the next-gen model will be based on a brand-new chassis and will be powered by an all-new engine.

The upcoming Hero Karizma is expected to use a 210cc, liquid-cooled engine with an estimated output of around 25 BHP and 30 Nm. It will be paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

Reports suggest that the new Karizma could borrow styling cues from its predecessor. Initially, the Karizma featured a semi-faired design, while the ZMR was a fully-faired model.

If launched, the Karizma would be Hero MotoCorp's new flagship offering. It will compete with the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 250, Bajaj Dominar 250 and Suzuki Gixxer 250 in the Indian market.

Source: Bikewale

Link to Team-BHP News

Mod Note: Our Hero MotoCorp Karizma XMR Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Omkar : 7th September 2023 at 11:36.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 20:37   #2

re: Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs

Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs-herohx250r1464785921.jpg

If this is true, I hope they are reviving the HX250 for this, it is one sexy looking bike, especially with it's under-seat exhaust. I'd say they can give an aluminum swingarm & LEDs on the headlights & keep the design unchanged for the most part.
I've loved Hero's designs ever since Xpulse 200 4V & the Xoom, even the camouflaged bigger Xpulse that came few months ago, looked amazing to me.
bharadhaaa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 22:25   #3
BHPian

re: Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The upcoming Hero Karizma is expected to use a 210cc, liquid-cooled engine with an estimated output of around 25 BHP and 30 Nm. It will be paired with a 6-speed gearbox.
I feel that the Karizma should be launched with a much bigger engine than a 210cc, Karizma is an aspirational brand, top of Hero's lineup, using a 210cc seems mediocre. Moreover its gonna clash with Hero Xtreme 200S (which I hardly see on the roads)
Black_Star is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:39   #4
BHPian

I just think that the Karizma could be launched with a bigger engine, hope it doesn't fizzle out. A 250 to take the fight to the Pulsars and Suzukis would be interesting
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 12:30   #5
BHPian

I wish they relaunch the old Karizma. When I look at them on road (seen once in long time due to their rarity), I always wish I had an option to buy it now. Even their old CBZ model was a looker. I dont know what happened to Hero design, all their bikes started looking fugly at some point!
travelling owl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 19:27   #6
BHPian

Look! Is it a plane? NO! Is it a bird? NO! What is it then?

It's Hero, who have woke up! Finally! I am pumped up to see how they will live up to the legendary name!

But on the other hand I've got my own apprehensions. Earlier, a few test mules were spotted in Ladakh, or some snowy place similar to that undergoing testing. One of the test mules was a faired one, spotted along with a rumoured bigger XPulse. The styling was after the likes of the Gixxer SF, I felt. If this would be the case, it wouldn't be a great fit for the Karizma lineage. A small windscreen, upright handlebars, it wont flow with the lineage and the expected new model.

But. BUT. If this will be an evolution of the design of the previously sold 2014 Karizma design iteration, I will be the happiest. Because that design was a step in the right direction, considering the launch and showcasing of the then imminent HX250R. The design was a proper evolution, and the HX250R also felt like a proper sports bike, aimed to dethrone the then 250cc market leader, the CBR 250R. Also, I will leave a link of the intended bike's teaser and a few walkaround videos.

It was quite evolutionary for its time. It had a feature called "Dual Map". I guess its basically 2 different fuel maps for 2 different conditions. We enjoy this in the modern world under the name of "Riding Modes". Will we be getting that feature now? Can't be sure about that though.

Old 26th March 2023, 02:48   #7
BHPian

This is great news and it’s 2 decades to the first Karizma’s launch. I’ve the absolute pleasure of still having her in my stable in its original Red Pearl Candy avatar. So it brings back fond memories and old expectations when they gave it the R refresh. So just like old times writing down stuff which we wanted back in the day and even now. Till date I have not seen an exciting bike like the Karizma which plasters a wide face to face grin.

1: More power/bigger engine.
2: Clip on bars.
3: Fatter rubber.
4: Mono shock.
5: Larger fuel capacity.
6: Dual headlights.

Our hopes were always dashed when Hero gave sticker job upgrades & then the ZMR came around. Truly hope it retains the legendary charisma of the old chassis, the ride quality, mile munching ability the gem 223cc provided. I still remember doing Bombay to Ahmedabad on a full tank! Also at the same time I hope it pays tribute design wise to the first one. Heck if Hero have all rights to the original design they should just tweak or make these additions and launch. It will still sell like hot cakes. Sheer timeless design.

Bring the smile back on our faces, Hero. We have waited long enough. I hope Get, Set, Go once again!

Last edited by coolmel : 26th March 2023 at 02:52.
coolmel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 11:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp trademarks Karizma XMR 210 nametag

Hero MotoCorp has filed a trademark application for the Karizma XMR 210 nametag. This comes following reports of the Karizma making a comeback with a new 210cc engine.

Hero Karizma to return in 2023 with a 210cc engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.73 lakhs-screenshot-20230404-114428.jpg

Reports suggest that the new Karizma will be based on an all-new chassis and could borrow styling cues from its predecessor. The original Karizma featured a semi-faired design, while its successor, the ZMR was a fully-faired model.

The upcoming model is expected to be powered by a 210cc, liquid-cooled engine, which could produce around 25 BHP and 30 Nm. The engine is likely to be paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

The Karizma XMR 210 will be positioned in the premium category and could rival the likes of the Pulsar 250, Dominar 250 and Gixxer 250.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th April 2023 at 11:47.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 17:54   #9
BANNED

Not trying to be negative or anything but in my personal opinion, I'm quite sure the engine will not be refined or sporty in it's characteristics. The xoom scooter is an example of what hero has managed, a great chasis with an unrefined engine. I hope I'm proven wrong and the Hero engineering dept pulls a rabbit out of the hat with this one.
Nikhildrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 18:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
a great chassis with an unrefined engine
Pleasure is one of the most successful {in terms of trouble free ownership} 110 cc in India; obviously engine adopted from HMSI

Could you shed some light as why the engine on Xoom is unrefined while there're no such qualms with Pleasure please?
Old 4th April 2023, 18:46   #11
BHPian

After owning Karizma-R for ~5 years, All i can say is, the current market is different and they need a different product & brand.

The old Karizma-R simply was:
- The best cruiser. Not the best rev friendly.
- Bad handler on curvy roads (blame it on 18 inchers)
- Very very comfortable saddle. But it had the softest seat though.
- Bad plastics throughout.
- 80 Kmph @5K RPM. A Relaxed Cruiser by modern day standards.
- Decent wind deflector, which worked.
- Silent engine & Muffler.

It just was a sniper with a silencer on top of it.

The current Crop of bikes which are loved by newer gen feature:
- Not cruisers. Rev friendly bikes.
- Good handlers.
- Un comfy saddles for ultra long rides.
- Good plastics.
- No wind deflectors. Even the one's which have are just cosmetic.
- Throaty engines & Mufflers.

In short, the modern bikes are more of a short guns. Loud and limited range. Powerful, within a limited range.

I am not sure how Hero is going to change the core product attributes and relaunch it anticipating better sales. The segment in which Zma existed doesn't exist anymore. The old Zma could be ridden by anyone over 5.8 very comfortably for long distances and as one wishes. Today, I don't see such products in the market anymore.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 19:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
Not trying to be negative or anything but in my personal opinion, I'm quite sure the engine will not be refined or sporty in it's characteristics. The xoom scooter is an example of what hero has managed, a great chasis with an unrefined engine. I hope I'm proven wrong and the Hero engineering dept pulls a rabbit out of the hat with this one.
I concur, in It's time Karizma was one of a kind, no direct rivals and a very good product in the market. Today the consumer is spoilt for choices, if the product is not competent, name won't be able to do much. The engine needs to be good, otherwise 310RR even with almost all the boxes checked has not been able to do well because of mainly the vibrations from the engine. Once the word spreqd, no matter how much they have tried to fix it, it just kept going downhill.

Hero should definitely use the Karizma name, they made it iconic and desirable, now they need a product to take the legacy forward and the 210CC engine is not the one that will be able to do it.

Last edited by AtheK : 4th April 2023 at 19:13.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 00:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The upcoming model is expected to be powered by a 210cc, liquid-cooled engine, which could produce around 25 BHP and 30 Nm. The engine is likely to be paired with a 6-speed gearbox.
I don't understand this obsession with 200, 210, 220cc engines by Indian manufacturers. TVS did it with the Ronin. Now, looks like Hero's doing it too. These engines don't feel much different from 150/160cc ones. Ideally, it should be at least 250cc and a good 10bhp over the 150/160cc engines to make them feel like a separate segment.
safari_lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
I don't understand this obsession with 200, 210, 220cc engines by Indian manufacturers. TVS did it with the Ronin. Now, looks like Hero's doing it too. These engines don't feel much different from 150/160cc ones. Ideally, it should be at least 250cc and a good 10bhp over the 150/160cc engines to make them feel like a separate segment.
IMO, may be that is because,a 180cc engine can be made as a 200-220 cc engine by tweaking the bore size. And that saves a lot of R&D expense and time. So basically it is desi jugaad by the manufacturers
Castro Gunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 00:53   #15
BHPian

As others have pointed out 210cc is not going to cut it the old one was 223 ,quarter litre segment is gone no players there 300 cc is the new norm in that range ,they should launch it with anything near to or above 300 give a direct competition to RR310
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks