Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 12:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Urgent Help: Duro Tyres on Enfield?!

Would like to know if these would fit on the Enfield Machismo 350.I'm planning to order them through KRP on XBhp.com.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hello Gordon!

Have you bought this HF26A finally??
what size you bought! are you using the stock rims or have some alloys for your enfield!

I was looking for tubeless for my Machismo 500, not sure if I should go for alloys also!! and which tybeless I should go for!!!

Thanks.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:53   #3
BHPian

Gordon,
By seeing the specs, it would definitely fit to Bull rims. A 100/90 is almost equivallent to 3.25 (front) and a 100/90 is similar/wider to 3.5 at rear. But for the spoked wheel, I would go for tubed tyres rather than tubeless. Go for it if you can put tubes in them. Also a feedback will be well apreciated. My 500 is due for a tyre change and looking for different tyres too.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I was looking for tubeless for my Machismo 500, not sure if I should go for alloys also!! and which tybeless I should go for!!!

Thanks.
Ketan, I know it is pure personal preference, but for me Alloys is a no no for Bull. A bull has all its beauty with the spoked wheels and they are safer too.
Old 11th June 2008, 21:36   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Gordon,
By seeing the specs, it would definitely fit to Bull rims. A 100/90 is almost equivallent to 3.25 (front) and a 100/90 is similar/wider to 3.5 at rear. But for the spoked wheel, I would go for tubed tyres rather than tubeless. Go for it if you can put tubes in them. Also a feedback will be well apreciated. My 500 is due for a tyre change and looking for different tyres too.
Yep redfire has said it.

Just make sure the 110/90 tyres fit without rubbing on your stock swinging arm. I have seen a Bullet Electra which was fitted with a MRF Meteor 110 but the swingarm had to be altered. And also i have seen guys fitting the Meteor 110 without doing anything to the swinging arm. RE is a weird company to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Ketan, I know it is pure personal preference, but for me Alloys is a no no for Bull. A bull has all its beauty with the spoked wheels and they are safer too.
All those Rado/Parado design alloys look yuck on a classic Bullet.

But i have seen a beautiful monoshock Bullet with karizma alloy wheels powdercoated black. And that was a sporty Bullet with alloys enhancing it's attitude.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Duro tyres are good if you use your Bullet mostly on dry tarmac. Wet grip and offroad(read gravel, mud etc) grip is bad, so beware.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I understand, classic bullet looks is one of the reasons why I went with Machismo. However, I was finding it difficult to keep clean and maintanance issues (may be because I'm too lazy) so I thought I can move to alloys and get away with cleaning spokes frequently
so let me find out a good pair of tubeless because thats still on my wishlist, I cant just imagine I have got a flat tyre on a long ride or at the odd time of the day/night..
Old 12th June 2008, 12:27   #8
BHPian

@Ketan
so let me find out a good pair of tubeless because thats still on my wishlist, I cant just imagine I have got a flat tyre on a long ride or at the odd time of the day/night

Hey you can check out Sandeep's place in Rajajinagar way to east west school he is working on bullets from ages.. he has installed tubeless for some of the bikes... even my TB goes to him for service... he does a decent job and even he charge a decent price... he had also got good pattern alloys for enfield's....
Old 13th June 2008, 03:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Carry a puncture kit, tire irons, spare tube, necessary toolkit etc. It's not all that difficult, just make sure you don't pinch the tube when you put it back in.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey gordon,

why not something in michellins?, correct me if am wrong but from what i have heard, duro tyres grip under wet or muddy condtions isnt great.
Old 13th June 2008, 16:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey gordon,

why not something in michellins?, correct me if am wrong but from what i have heard, duro tyres grip under wet or muddy condtions isnt great.
If only michelin has 19" two-wheeler tyres and sells in India. I would have definitely recommended and gone for it for my bull too (my prev Pulsar had michenils).

Most Viewed