Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 14:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Of Days & Wheels Gone by...!

Hi, In the month of April this year had gone to the vintage car rally in Mumbai where I ran into a few two wheeler beauties ! I went into a great nostalgia trip...thinking of all the two wheelers that I came by in my early days !
Here are a few snaps and memories !
1. Triumph - 1911.
Image of Triumph 1911 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of Triumph 1911 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Triumph - 1959 (?)
Image of Triumph 1959 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3. AJS - 1920s
Image of AJS -1920s - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Trusted & Rusted - AJS.

Image of Trusted & Rusted - AJS - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4. An Old Norton (?)
Image of An Old...??? - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5. Lambretta - 1940s.
Image of Lambretta -1940s - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Dad's first scooter was a Lambretta 1973...learnt my first act of balancing a motorised two wheeler on the sturdy Lambretta !

Lambretta - 1950's.
Image of Lambretta - 1950s - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of The Badge of Honour ! - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Later on the Lambretta gave way to a Vijai from API - light green in colour I remember ! A sleeker version of the Lambretta.

6. The Vespa - 1950s.

Image of Vespa 1950s ! - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of Vespa ...1950s. - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bajaj Priya - was the third scooter which I cut my teeth on not much different from the Vespa here !

Those were the days...wind and sun on the skin, helmets be damned...and the roads for anyone wanting to ride !

Of course I moved on to something slower - my own Suvega (bought by my Dad though !) - stayed with me for almost 10 years...but then dash the helmets and regulations came in ! And the slow stirrings of the now infamous Bangalore traffic jams !

Got memories ? Share them !

Last edited by Guderian : 16th July 2007 at 14:51.
Old 16th July 2007, 14:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Guderian , can you make the pics show up in the page itself. have to click on each of the links ,go back,click again ...:( .As long as the pics fit into page its fine.

Your location says pune , you talk about bangalore?
Old 16th July 2007, 15:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Guderian, we were there at the rally too. You can check this thread for details: VCCCI Rally
Old 16th July 2007, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Nice pics Guderian , can you make the pics show up in the page itself. have to click on each of the links ,go back,click again ...:( .As long as the pics fit into page its fine.

Your location says pune , you talk about bangalore?
Hey Black - How does one make it appear on the page is what I'm trying to figure out !
And my current location is Thane - but Bangalore's where I was born and grew up ! Ahhh...Bangalore of the yore !
Old 16th July 2007, 17:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hi Guderian, we were there at the rally too. You can check this thread for details: VCCCI Rally
Hi Moralfibre - yes, had seen the thread sometime ago and had savoured all the snaps there ! Unfortunately at the point of time when the rally was held I wasn't a member of this wonderful tribe !
Shall post my snaps of the four wheelers in the appropriate forum soon.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pics, a lot of us from the forum were present. Infact a few of us participated in V-16's Rolls Royce. Looking forward to more pics.

Cheers
Karl
Old 27th September 2007, 17:45   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Later on the Lambretta gave way to a Vijai from API - light green in colour I remember ! A sleeker version of the Lambretta.
Might I point out that the Vijai Super (originally Lambretta GP 150) was from SIL (SCooters India ltd.) lucknow, not API, although the latter did want to bring them into India at first.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Am posting the images directly , hope you dont mind Guderian

1. Triumph - 1911.

2. Triumph - 1959 (?)

3. AJS - 1920s

Trusted & Rusted - AJS.

4. An Old Norton (?)

5. Lambretta - 1940s.

Lambretta - 1950's.

6. The Vespa - 1950s.

Guderian nice pic's.
OT : Ok I agree I was jobless and thought I did help.
Old 28th September 2007, 00:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Guderian the triumph 1911 stood with me for almost 4 years then was taken away.
let me share with you my rust bucket that i just bought and hope to restore soon.

1932 HARLEY DAVIDSON.

Old 28th September 2007, 09:49   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

wow, a Harley! Thast quite a rare find speedy! 'might look scary now.......but nothing that we arent used to!
'hope you are able to restore her to glory successfully!
Old 28th September 2007, 10:20   #11
Team-BHP Support

Do we have any member from Agra? There is a Royal Enfield showroom adjoining a Kinetic showroom there. The Enfield showroom has a 1928 Harley Davidson there and it is a huge huge machine. Check it out guys.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
wow, a Harley! Thast quite a rare find speedy! 'might look scary now.......but nothing that we arent used to!
'hope you are able to restore her to glory successfully!
thanks stanher. this was a chance find went to see a car and the guy had this there. i said i must have the bike so i bought the car as well.
you bet we are more than used to seeing cars and bikes and can fix it without getting scared. i showed it to my fiancee and she was in shock and thought i was turning into a scrap storer. currently i am doing research on the bike and trying to source the parts.

Quote:
Do we have any member from Agra? There is a Royal Enfield showroom adjoining a Kinetic showroom there. The Enfield showroom has a 1928 Harley Davidson there and it is a huge huge machine. Check it out guys.
moral is the bike in agra for sale.do you know the address of this place will have it checked out. if you do come across an INDIAN CHIEF please do let me know. will let you ride it for all the rallies,since i have been banned from rideing bikes by my fiancee. thank you
Old 28th September 2007, 11:24   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
moral is the bike in agra for sale.do you know the address of this place will have it checked out. if you do come across an INDIAN CHIEF please do let me know. will let you ride it for all the rallies,since i have been banned from rideing bikes by my fiancee. thank you
As per my guess there is only one Enfield showroom in Agra and thats where this bike is. I have photos and will hunt them down for you. For sale query, read this (K2K on Kinetic Nova) . See page 2 para 6 of my ride log.

Quote:
From Karnal, it was one long haul all the way to Agra. The traffic is terrible. I am glad there was no night halt in Delhi. Spent some time at Kinetic's Agra dealer. Next door was Enfield dealer. He had an 1926 model Harley Davidson. He said HD had offered him thirty-five thousand Dollars for the bike in as-is-where-is condition PLUS a two week holiday in the US for him & his family. Lucky guy, if this is true.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per my guess there is only one Enfield showroom in Agra and thats where this bike is. I have photos and will hunt them down for you. For sale query, read this (K2K on Kinetic Nova) . See page 2 para 6 of my ride log.
ok will send someone over there to have a look.
what the guy claims of the offer by harley davidson company is all crap . i have heard plenty of that. there is a certain karman ghia owner who claims he was offered 20lacs by VW for it. the guy eventually came to 4lacs negotiable for the car. this guy will come to a reasonable amount too if you are fixed and dont show excitement and too much interest in the bike. thanks for takeing the trouble to look for the pictures for me.
Old 28th September 2007, 22:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

superb pics!! its a pleasure to see these old beauties being taken care of so well,and maintained in running condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks