Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 23:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pearl Fresh Blue Suzuki Burgman, why so elusive?

I have long fancied the glossy blue (called Pearl Fresh Blue) Burgman, and when a dealership in Pune quite a distance away from my house promised me a 20 day delivery of the same, I booked it immediately on 4th April 2023.

Pearl Fresh Blue Suzuki Burgman, why so elusive?-suzukiburgmanstreetbluefrontprofile1599110411.jpg

I kept on following up with the dealership every two or three days, asking about any update on the color. Last week, I sent an email to Suzuki, asking about any update on the Glossy Blue color. Over the course of the week, I got some calls from Suzuki, but they were duly diverted away by Truecaller because they were marked as spam! I realized that I missed them only after checking the call log.

Today, I have received about 10 calls or more from the dealership, asking me to send an email about color change or cancellation of booking. I am bit baffled, because I have booked a color that is still on sale (some youtube videos of the Glossy Blue Burgman scooter which are registered as recent as Feb 2023!).

Heck they even sell Avenis in similar bright blue color! If Suzuki has stopped manufacturing this color for Burgman, the dealership should inform me likewise, and refund the money citing this reason. Instead, they are pushing me to send email to them, to look as if I cancelled / changed the booking. The reasons given by them range from friendly to even emotional (Sir mere liya itna karo! Do this for me!).

I am amused by this, and hope to get the Glossy Blue Burgman that I have always wanted. My demand is simple, either give me the vehicle in the color that I booked, even if I have to wait some more, or reply that the color is no longer being sold. Wonder why Suzuki feels producing one fresh blue color Burgman is more troublesome than involving many persons from the dealership to go behind the client to get a cancellation/modification.

Let's see what happens.
ani_meher is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 09:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Pearl Fresh Blue Suzuki Burgman, why so elusive?

For a post which is supposed to be more of a complaint/rant, this is surprisingly wholesome

Must be your adoration for the colour. I've always fancied the pearly white one myself. Such a lovely scoot
Old 27th April 2023, 11:26   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I kept on following up with the dealership every two or three days, asking about any update on the color. Last week, I sent an email to Suzuki, asking about any update on the Glossy Blue color. Over the course of the week, I got some calls from Suzuki, but they were duly diverted away by Truecaller because they were marked as spam! I realized that I missed them only after checking the call log.

Today, I have received about 10 calls or more from the dealership, asking me to send an email about color change or cancellation of booking. I am bit baffled, because I have booked a color that is still on sale (some Youtube videos of the Glossy Blue Burgman scooter which are registered as recent as Feb 2023!).
ani_meher, from what Im given to understand, the Suzuki dealerships dont have too much of a say in what inventory is offloaded onto them. It is quite possible that at the moment, Suzuki isnt sending out blue Burgmans to their dealerships. Your email to the company must have resulted in some Suzuki official constantly following up with your dealership to close the complaint, which is probably why the dealership is keen to get you to switch colours or cancel the booking. The dealership is just trying to get the Suzuki people off his head, without thinking of how to resolve the problem!
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

An update. After receiving too many calls from the dealership including its owner, I finally gave in and sent a mail cancelling my blue colour Burgman. For my understanding, I was allotted another White Burgman on a Tatkal basis.

This effectively concludes that the Pearl Fresh Blue Burgman is effectively discontinued vy Suzuki, even if they don't want to admit it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks