Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 10:58   #1
BHPian

Kinetic's next big thing: The GTS 250?

We all know Kinetic tied up with SYM quite sometime and are all set to roll out a 100cc scoot. But, they also looking at a possibility of selling the GTS 250 here in India in limited numbers (on the lines of the Aquilla and Comet)

The moto-scoot sure looks impressive and has a powerful mill too, a 250cc liquid cooled 4valve 4stroke engine, churning out figures better than the likes of the Pulsar 220!

Having ridden the Blaze and Jupiter a lot, I can surely say the much powerful GTS 250 with so much practicality will be a hit. With Kinetic looking at the CKD route, pricing too will be quite ok for what the GTS offers.

PS: I wrote my take on the GTS 250 here - The "REAL" me
Old 18th July 2007, 12:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Blaze hasnt been able to set sales charts on fire. So, am not sure about sales of the GT 250.

However, have tried the JUPITER as well, and boy- was totally impressed by its smoothness and straight-line stability. Also the sheeri size of the thing made the pulsar feel 'toy'.

So- Hope kinetic can take care of the build quality, unlike in the blaze, and get better sales.
Old 18th July 2007, 21:15   #3
BHPian

Blaze is a awesome bike.. i am the owner of one. Kinetic is going a good job by brining out high powered scoot's but the major concern is the after sales .. the servicing, the parts.. it gets the customer really irrated. the GTS 250 figures looks good but the pricing part!!!! is the main area.
Old 19th July 2007, 00:13   #4
BHPian

Isn't Kinetic run by a sexy 30 year old lass?
Old 19th July 2007, 00:22   #5
BHPian

I have had a horrible time with my Blaze. So many engineering problems, improper service, improper brakes, horrible suspension. Hope they import the SYM 250 without manufacturing here in India by Kinetic.
Old 19th July 2007, 00:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
I have had a horrible time with my Blaze. So many engineering problems, improper service, improper brakes, horrible suspension. Hope they import the SYM 250 without manufacturing here in India by Kinetic.
hey ravi i was reading your post in the T-bhp meet thread.... which service station do you go to ? may be i can help you out a little. pm me
Old 19th July 2007, 09:51   #7
BHPian

Blaze is made locally, with a kinetic engine. the gts 250 on the other hand may be imported as a CKD and assembled here and hence it should be a far better product than the Blaze
Old 19th July 2007, 10:35   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Isn't Kinetic run by a sexy 30 year old lass?
if thats so , i would like to share a part of my kinetic energy ..lol

The quality of the plastic in blaze amazes me . Never seen plastic of such a low quality .
Old 19th July 2007, 12:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

To me Blaze should have been designed as a bike rather than a scooter with that 11.2bhp and 165CC engine. Its specifications dont do justice to its design..
Old 19th July 2007, 13:56   #10
BHPian

i love the blaze, there are so many positives about it. looks, performance, comfort, size.
Old 20th July 2007, 00:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

man kinetic badly does need a R&D job on their bikes/scooters like bajaj i what i personally feel otherwise i like the blaze!
Old 20th July 2007, 05:49   #12
BHPian

Yes, its sad to see Kinteic strike up a new alliance every few years but doing very badly on product front and R&D. They should seriously learn from Bajaj and TVS and bring out their own quality products. Right now they have alliance with three different companies but still no where near top seller list.

OT:
Here is a pic of Sulajja Motwani, Joint MD of Kinetic Motors. She is beauty and brains. Got her MBA from a reputed school.

Old 20th July 2007, 11:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
OT:
Here is a pic of Sulajja Motwani, Joint MD of Kinetic Motors. She is beauty and brains. Got her MBA from a reputed school.

But unfortunately they're not enough to run the company well. A friend is a Kinetic dealer & has been for nearly 2 decades & he's really pissed with the company's attitude.

The main problem according to him is that the company launches new products but to sort out niggles they take ions so by the time the product is improved word spreads in the market that there is a defect & customers won't touch the products even with a 20ft. pole. Every product has its problems but good companies solve them on a priority but Kinetic lacks that pro-activeness & hence suffers badly in the markets.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

I failed to understand why comet was discontinued...i thought it was a good design @least to look @. Not sure about the performance though, as i never had my hands on it.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
I failed to understand why comet was discontinued...i thought it was a good design @least to look @. Not sure about the performance though, as i never had my hands on it.
The comet was a limited run. Kinetic imported a limited no of comets from the Korea plant (of Hyosung) and sold these at next to no profit in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks