Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 11:42   #1
BHPian

TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only

I have seen that the parts manual is pretty easy to acquire for their premium offering before, but this has come as a surprise to me.

In case you do not know, India has our own Right to Repair law and many companies are signing up to provide customer service under this law. We have a portal for customer complaints as well when a manufacturer doesn't comply with the law. I do not want to get into the details on how effective it is, but it is indeed a step in right direction. https://righttorepairindia.gov.in/index.php

That being said, TVS is now not only offering better accessibility to parts, but the catalogue seems extensive - to ordering the last bolt you need to finish your engine work. All this, without having to visit the showroom or taking their help to fix your vehicle. Now, I do not know their stand on warranty when you do the work yourself, but with TVS having offered over the counter purchase for years and now making it online, it's a very positive step in my opinion.

So, what am I talking about?

It is their new online portal, where you can order any part for your bike (cannot find scooters yet) with a pictorial representation of what it is available along with their part numbers. You order and its delivered to your home - a boon for any TVS owner who knows how painful it is to get his hands on spare parts. Showrooms literally take eternity get them for you.

https://www.advantagetvs.com/PartEcommerceUI/motor

The website is not fully functional yet, but a person named Venkatesh recently placed an order for his RR310. The website is still largely buggy - not a great customer experience - probably why its not advertised yet. All the screenshots below are his.

Bike selection:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-76eba588334b4c03b149261e79aaa506.jpeg

Login:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-69a6a2da03784fcaaeb688a0bf252075.jpeg

Click on the image that has the part you need and the list opens. You also have to select the location on a bike's picture to choose the part you need that opens up this pop-up menu. e.g: you click on the engine area to choose parts for the engine:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-caeda023abe74bb2834bdf1875ca668a.jpeg

Part list along with reference image:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-41cdb236ae914a6da5c6f77b038ebbb1.jpeg

Checkout page:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-1e3bc20e6ffc4a5191f58b59e49b4652.jpeg

Delivery address:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-7e01dddffef54150b99a94bf19311bec.jpeg

Order history:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-ad83a20ca6134d118cb401f1a716e3d2.jpeg

Order status:
TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-d7a4e65884ae49ce8a7b7836940b2829.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 11th May 2023 at 11:42.
vijai is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 12:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

This is a laudable effort by TVS. I wish more manufacturers (2 wheelers / 4 wheelers & Commercial vehicles) come up with this. This way, pilferage (at garage / ASC level) and counterfeiting can be eradicated.
Sheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 09:06   #3
BHPian

re: TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only

This website has been in existence from 2021 if i remember correctly. I've ordered parts for my RX100 self start conversion project and the parts arrived within 3 days. As far as i know no company in india has this good spare part website.
nithishsaba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 09:51   #4
BHPian

Looks like the website is access restricted to dealers only, maybe others who have ordered could clarify.

TVS taking right-to-repair very seriously? EDIT: Not so, spare parts website is for dealers only-tvs_dms.png
MotoBlip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:59   #5
BHPian

Though we should laud TVS being proactive with Right to Repair, but we should give TVS more credit for being customer friendly even before these laws were written.

TVS always gave parts over the counter. Almost 13 years ago, while picking up some parts for a friends bike, we dint know what other supporting parts were needed.

The store person very casually emailed me the exploded CAD diagrams of the bike, using which I could identify the exact part numbers.

Companies like TVS, Maruti and Bajaj were very customer friendly that way and hence helped without question.

What we have to now see is whether companies like Honda, Skoda and the likes will do the same. Or whether they will try to find loopholes in the law.

One thing that I can outright think of, is that they will price the parts higher when sold to third party and will give a massive discount to their own dealer network, such that getting it repaired at the FNG wont be cheaper.
frewper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
Looks like the website is access restricted to dealers only, maybe others who have ordered could clarify.

Attachment 2449820
Seems like it. Even the email address to be contacted in case of issues, seems like it was setup for dealers.

Unfortunate, TVS really had a chance to stand out here.
Old 11th May 2023, 11:52   #7
BHPian

I believe I was one of the first ones to order from this website, way back in 2021, even before the site was published online. I had come across the website during a Google search and gave it a chance by ordering parts for my RR310. I had ordered basic items like Air filters and Oil filters, I was apprehensive about the website. Surprisingly, the items were home delivered 4 days later, with a 5% discount on MRP as published on the site.

I went on to make two more orders in March 2022 and March 2023. However, despite the successful payment processing for these orders, they were both automatically canceled a few days later and the amount was refunded to my account. I couldn't help but wonder why TVS would go through the effort of publishing this website if they were not going to process orders from retail customers, which defeats the purpose altogether.

I tried to log in to my account now with my verified number, I am unable to do so.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 12:21   #8
BHPian

I have been buying parts for my Honda Unicorn and Hornet over the counter at dealerships or from distributors for years now and get it fitted at FNG. Should work same for DIY guys too. The benefit is a. I get genuine parts. b. They have the CAD designs with part numbers, so I don't end up with non-compatible parts even between product revisions.

I generally don't buy from accesories shops unless I am stuck in a situation with say broken clutch cable, as these shops sell fakes most of the time and you need real good eye to differentiate.

While I appreciate the effort from TVS end, just trying to understand, besides home delivery, what is the additional benefit of this?
ToThePoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 13:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
I have been buying parts for my Honda Unicorn and Hornet over the counter at dealerships or from distributors
While I appreciate the effort from TVS end, just trying to understand, besides home delivery, what is the additional benefit of this?
Not the Same case with Big Wing In Bangalore!

Link here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...tside-asc.html (HMSI refusing to sell oil filter outside ASC)

&
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5275909 (HMSI refusing to sell oil filter outside ASC)

One very very senior person in the showroom even said they cant sell parts are they need to be "Professionally installed by their so-called trained mechanics"
Old 11th May 2023, 17:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
However, despite the successful payment processing for these orders, they were both automatically canceled a few days later and the amount was refunded to my account.

I tried to log in to my account now with my verified number, I am unable to do so.
Not sure what has changed now but I just confirmed with the person who shared me the website and he confirmed, it was him who placed the order with his mobile number. The items are not delivered. Will update this thread of the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
You get your parts easily. TVS is notoriously famous for "parts not available". I have been struggling to get hands on a simple spare like the chain guide for months now for my RTR200. Online simplifies it and now I can order the chain guides in handful quantities and use them when required.

Last edited by vijai : 11th May 2023 at 17:17.
Old 11th May 2023, 18:18   #11
BHPian

There is a similar parts site for Bajaj, 99rpm. Though I haven't ordered from it only referred to it as a parts catalogue to get a estimate of my repairs before taking it to the Service Centre.
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 21:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy282 View Post
There is a similar parts site for Bajaj, 99rpm. Though I haven't ordered from it only referred to it as a parts catalogue to get a estimate of my repairs before taking it to the Service Centre.

I have ordered from 99rpm and they have always sent genuine parts of bajaj and are good
Old 12th May 2023, 01:13   #13
BHPian

This is a positive initiative on part of TVS group. I have been ordering parts for my Fiat linea from 99rpm and bodmoo for quite some years now. Genuine parts and good delivery. However, unable to find spares online for Jeep compass. Moppar does have online spares for customers in US, Uk. Then why not in India also?
Old 12th May 2023, 11:31   #14
BHPian

Nice step taken by TVS for the benefit of thier customers. However, oriparts.com pretty much does the same not only for Honda, Toyota but for many other car manufacturers. Its upto those who can sift through the labyrinth of innumerable parts. You start from the manufacturer of the car, model, select the required grouping, then narrow down to the part. As a matter of fact, Boodmo redirects to oriparts.com and it has been a benefit to me who can sift through this labyrinth.
Old 13th May 2023, 11:21   #15

I just checked the website, seems to be only for dealers with no option to register either.

Do they offer parts for old models too, (2004 TVS star) would like to bring the bike back to its original condition and I'm looking to replace rusted parts with OEM parts.

Any other places I can order original TVS spares online?
jnanesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks