Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 11:55   #16
BHPian

Re: My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | 1 Year and 6,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
How do you deal with vibrations on this bike ? Few days ago, I took a test ride of a brand new motorcycle and this was so evident from pedal to handle, across the rpm range. I was initially planning to buy a BMW or Apache, but then because of this moved to CB350 RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Recently got a chance to test ride both the bikes. The BMW had noticeably less vibrations ,but had the same loud, gruffy engine. Sometimes I don't get it, has TVS-BMW deliberately given the engine such characteristics to make it sporty or sound sporty, or were they unable to work on the engine refinement?
Yes, vibrations are there and they quite piss me off. The only solution I found for them is I lubricate the chain in intervals of 250 km to 300 km and this reduces vibrations by 50%.
Due to the vibrations above 5k rpm, I don't like to rev the bike to redline which makes the ownership quite bitter. Why does a person buy a sports bike??.... yeah to have fun by revving it hard and extracting some power.

Rode my friend's bike which he bought 3 months ago, in his bike vibrations are not present. I think that Rr310 MY2023 has minimal vibrations.

BMW has done great work on the engine in their G310rr. They replaced some parts in the engine which resulted in no vibrations.

When the G310RR was launched I thought BMW was just charging extra money for their badge but after riding it, they have improved the engine to a great extent and it feels smooth and refined.

Although the benchmark of refinement and sound for me goes to RE 650 twins. If I were in the market today I would seriously consider them only downside in my eyes is their looks in which R310 scores 10 out of 10

Last edited by vattyboy : 21st September 2023 at 12:07.
vattyboy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed