Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 17:54   #1

Possible to modify my bike to look like an R6 or R1 ?

ok guys heres is the situation........i need to know if i can modify a standard bike to a yamaha r1 or r6 body kit...without making it look stupid...is it possible??

if so pls tell me which bike is modification friendly and where i can get the body kits and the job done very well. i hav a budet of 50,000 rs just for moddification......or if an r6 or r1 is not possible then how can i make my ride look like a sports one? pls help!http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Old 8th August 2007, 13:29   #2
BHPian

so which bike do u have ? and y not sell this bike and buy a new indian bike?
eg kaz or p200/220

ops sorry i mean zma.

Last edited by Rtech : 8th August 2007 at 15:08.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:20   #3
BHPian

Dude, dont spend your time and money on making it a look alike of some super bike. Just save up and buy a decent 400cc bike/600cc bike. I have seen people roaming on these so called modified bikes and gettin beaten by gals on activa! Just stick to engine modifications on your ZMA.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:27   #4
BANNED

Even after that if a tiny RX guy overtakes you then?
Try to do perfomance mod instead of cosmatic's.
I preffer Big engine under small bike instead of big bike with small engine.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ajay, lets not disregard the fact that looks are often more important for quite a few, most in our country.

Joello8, browse the following thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...only-here.html you could find som good ideas there.
And, lookup xbhp.com, they have loads of modified bikes aboard, some good ones amongst them too.

manson.
Old 8th August 2007, 16:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joello89 View Post
ok guys heres is the situation........i need to know if i can modify a standard bike to a yamaha r1 or r6 body kit...without making it look stupid...is it possible??

if so pls tell me which bike is modification friendly and where i can get the body kits and the job done very well. i hav a budet of 50,000 rs just for moddification......or if an r6 or r1 is not possible then how can i make my ride look like a sports one? pls help!http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
i had seen a pulsar 150 with an r6 type body. it looked ugly, it sounded bad, it was expensive, it looked cheap and the bike had a top speed of 70 and a mileage of 20.

the owner seemed proud of it though...
Old 8th August 2007, 17:25   #7

ok guys i agree to the fact that modifying a standard bike to a sports one is a stunt.....but othere than that...wat other mod can i do to make it look unbeatable....and stylish....streamlined body? forget a r1 or r6...can i make it look hip?
Old 8th August 2007, 18:22   #8
BHPian

which bike are you talking about?
Old 8th August 2007, 20:26   #9
BANNED

Dude Joel, modifying a stock bike to look like a r1 or r6 is a sheer waste. You want to spend half a lakh rupees for that? With 50K you can get a well maintained RD350 or a Karizma or Pulsar 180. Keep it clean and working at its best. To look hip take a bath and go to any of those unisexual saloons they will make you look better. No offense man, but in the name of modification i have seen some really good bikes getting wasted.

Also over time all the shakes and rattles that will become a pain will kill your feel good feeling.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:53   #10
BHPian

yup, i got a second hand 180 dtsi v1 for 35000. spent around 5 in getting it blueprinted, new clutch plates, and some custom engine work done by somender singh. it beats any k&n filter 180

Most Viewed