Team-BHP - Suggestion reqd. for TVS Fiero F2 rear tyre
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Suggestion reqd. for TVS Fiero F2 rear tyre (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/27507-suggestion-reqd-tvs-fiero-f2-rear-tyre.html)

Hi,
My bike has done 30K kilometers and badly in need of rear tyre as i've almost no grip during rainy days during braking... it skids u know. Please suggest me a good tyre, where can i look for and how much does it cost. Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

thanks and regards,
Ramki.

Any suggestions guys?!!!

Michelins(m45?), FKR, TVS jumbo 120/80 are all good enough. The former are uber cool but expensive. FKR and TVS are good enough for all kinda broken roads, lotsa touring and water(FKR better puncture resistant). Else for regular city use, zappers would do as well. 30k is enough time to change BOTH!!

MRF anyday.

After 35000 Kms I changed my Fierro's rear tyre to MRF. Costed about 900-1000Rs (including tube). Now my odometer reads 47000Kms, not even one puncture after the tyre chanage

CEAT Secura Sport 3" - 18

The Stock size for Fiero F2 is 3.00-18. So if you want to stick to stock tyre size ,try tyres in 3.00-18 range. You will get lot of choices from MRF,Dunlop etc. Another option is to try 100/90-18 size. Mrf Zapper & Dunlop Geocruiser are good tyresin that size . Price range is around 900-1000 with tubes.
Bigger size like 120/80 are available, but you mave to remove the chain cover to fix the tyres as they may foul with tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moby (Post 535988)
Mrf Zapper & Dunlop Geocruiser are good tyresin that size .

My experiance with Dunlop Geocruiser was not that greate (I had a 100/90 - 18 on my GF170). It never inspired confidence be it dry or wet. I haven't used the Zapper but I have heard that its not that good in wet.

I latter swithed to 3.5"-18 CEAT Secura and they were very good in wet.

Try Zapper Q. Its got a unique tread pattern. Works in the rains. Is much better than the stock Zappers.

you can try the 100x or if you want the 120x :)

Thanks all. I've decided to go for MRF Zapper Q series 100/90-18 tyre. Can anybody give me authorised dealers in Bangalore or any best tyre dealers. I stay in Rajajinagar and anywhere close to this area would be of much help.

Just enquired at Viharis Tyres,Malleshwaram and they are quoting 1250/- for MRF Zapper Q for rear tyre. No other tyre dealer which i enquired has Zapper Q. Iyengar Tyre,Rajajinagar said Zapper C available at 1050/-. Which shall i choose? Are the prices ok?

Get the Zapper Q good tyre and the price seems right. With or without tube?

Zapper Q any day...thats my RD's footwear and they rock...but havent tested it in rain

Rs1250 for 100/90-18 Zapper Q seems right. Go for it.

I also have to replace my rear tyre 2001 Fiero done 27000 km. I was looking for wider tyre. will 100/90-18 Zapper Q will be exact fit or i have to do some modification.