Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 22:04   #166

Re: Showroom impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
We also spoke to a gentleman from the service department. The organic brake pads for the front will cost Rs 4,620 and sintered ones will cost Rs 9,300. A clutch cable should cost around Rs 300.
Thatís weird? From what Ive seen on YouTube of owners opening up their front brake pads, itís supposed to come with sintered brake pads by default (in fact similar to the ones on the Duke 390)

Could it be that he was referring to standard pads and race brake pads that theyíre selling as an accessory?
extinctdodo99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 15:39   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
I am not an Aprilia shill but they, at least the sales team is doing a good job in Bangalore. Perhaps they thought your friend was just browsing because he did not bring his own helmet?
Honestly, the sales team was least interested in dealing with most of the walk-ins while we were there. I doubt if things would have been different one way or the other, if my friend had come in with his helmet and riding gear.

On the topic of the Aprilia showroom not having any petrol in their test ride bikes on a Saturday, I have come to learn from a friend in Bangalore that he has been to the KTM Indiranagar showroom on 3 separate occassions and each time he was told that there was no fuel and hence, no test rides were available He is headed to the Aprilia showroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
It is a great bike, interested in hearing why you got the duke instead of this.
I have always liked Aprilia for being the little manufacturer that punches like hell well above its weight, but the 457 platform was simply too new for me to consider, when I was recently buying a motorcycle. If Aprilia can iron out some of the expected initial teething issues before they launch the Tuono 457, I could be in line with a cheque book in hand!
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 20:15   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
On the topic of the Aprilia showroom not having any petrol in their test ride bikes on a Saturday, I have come to learn from a friend in Bangalore that he has been to the KTM Indiranagar showroom on 3 separate occassions and each time he was told that there was no fuel and hence, no test rides were available He is headed to the Aprilia showroom!
Seems to be a pattern. I've faced this issue a few times too. They usually fill it right away so it has not been a problem for me.

Try the Marathahalli showroom. Good test ride programme, a good, fast 3km route, some coffee if the bike's soundtrack doesnt wake you up and an active sales team that spam you on whatsapp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post

KTM and Aprilia showrooms side by side. Nice

Last edited by hikozaru : 14th July 2024 at 20:22.

Most Viewed