Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2007, 20:30   #31
BHPian

When we compare Dio with Activa, we find some -ve points, but I am sure Dio is not bad as compared to many other scooters. One good point about Honda sctooters is that you can ride them for some distance even if one of the tires get punctured. This is very helpful especially for ladies.

I would suggest you to go for Dio if you are not going for Activa.

Only thing I don't like is that you have to buy essential things as accessories. Even the number plate is an accessory.
Old 26th August 2007, 12:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Activa never had the history of giving more than 35 KMPL under normal riding !
I have an activa for the last 5 years.
for the first 2 years or so have got is serviced according to the manual and it used to return between 45 n 50 kmpl.
But since last two years the servicing isn done to the manual.its been 10000kms since i serviced it.still it gives me above 38 kmpl.and i ride it in rude manner.always above 60kmph.
the scoot has done only 25kkm till now.the rear tyre was changed at 14k km.but tht was because i used to ride in rough manner.the front tyres still are the original and have treads left.
I would opt for activa compared to dio for its metal body.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:24   #33
BHPian

Hi all,
My sister took test drive of DIO and Access. She didn't like both. She says we need to try HH pleasure. Can anyone tell me if pleasure is worth buying in terms of resale, service and reliability. I do own a activa but my sister thinks it is too heavy for her. Please recommend with details.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

The HH pleasure is basically running the same Activa/Dio engine with a few HH traditional tweaks, AFAIK the pleasure is a few kgs lighter than the Dio and has a slightly shorter wheelbase too, the bigger plus is that the boy at HH have done a few tweaks and the low end torque is a shade better in the Pleasure vis-a-vis the Dio.

All in all its make for a better scoot for the ladies to ride. Do get a test ride of it though.

I've owned a Dio for more than 3 years now, and I can only one thing Honda Engineering Rocks!!!
Old 19th August 2008, 12:33   #35

When it comes to pure presence, It is definately the DIO. It is sportier, Lighter and My God it goes like stink!!! It outaccelerates almost anything, It outbrakes everything and it looks stunning while doing so!! The new Blue and Black Color and the Red and Black colors look Sexy.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:05   #36
BHPian

Check out the Honda Aviator ! I own one since last 5 months. Preety smooth engine, milege is around 45 and it has a ABS body too. Some parts are metal & few others are fiber. Telescopic suspension works well.
Old 11th October 2008, 22:37   #37
BHPian

the all new dio will be the best choice for sure. i dont think the engine in activa and dio have much differences. the dio looks much better than the activa. aviator surely has disks and alloys for sure but doesnt look to be a better design than the dio. the new dio with the new decals looks amazing

Most Viewed