Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2024, 20:25   #1

TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650

TEC LOWERING SHOCKS FROM TEC

Hi guys. I was quiet frustrated with the seat height and shocker quality on my Interceptor Black Ray 2024 bought in March. I was riding a Classic 350 Reborn before it and sold it for a lack of 6th gear.

A quick Google search and I found out about TEC shocks and Way2speed solutions for lowering the seat height. Kept reading reviews and watching YouTube reviews for weeks. Sadly there are no videos on blogs on TEC shocks in Indian forums.

99 GBP on the official site seemed like a great deal but they wouldn't ship to India. I emailed them and they replied telling me to contact Speedmonks.in as they are the official partner in India. I was ecstatic!

So a few weeks back I contacted them and had to pre-order the shocks through WhatsApp. Ended up paying 27,000 Rupees which is a bit much imho. They sent the shocks in about 2 weeks as promised and I was informed immediately.
Courier was sent through Shree Maruti Couriers.

The package had a small defect and one of the rubber parts had fallen off in transit. Sent the bike to RE showroom for fitment. The mechanic managed a rubber bush part from somewhere and everything was sorted.

FINAL RESULT:
The bike is lowered by about 1.5 inches. A thing to note however is that I did not play with front shock height as advised by the Speedmonk guy. And I don't feel any difference in ride dynamics in my short experience.

PROS:
1.The ride is plush now. For the first time my bike is soaking up bumps as it did on Classic Reborn 350.

2. I weigh about 100kilos and even with a pillion weighing 55kilos I didn't scrape my bike anywhere even moderately raised sharp bumps.

3. The bench (it can't be called a seat) is flat now and I am now sitting over the bike instead of sitting in it like Kawasaki racers.

4. The handle seems well placed now I am not leaning over.

CONS:

1. Courier packaging and service could be better.

2. I see a few uneven small dent marks on the underside of the shock cylinders which could have handled better.

FINAL VERDICT:
Guys it's the best feeling when a vintage bike lover like me can finally be super confident on the Interceptor. It feels amazing and handles so well now that I am not afraid of going through peak traffic and going over broken roads. So I feel 27k well spent and urge others suffering from this issue to check out the TEC shocks.

Thanks and good wishes.

TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650-img20240518112740.jpg

TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650-img20240518112752.jpg

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th May 2024 at 14:47. Reason: Moved post to main 650 twins thread for better visibility
gobarboss is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 20:06   #2

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

A few updates on TEC LOWERING SHOCKS for Interceptor/GT:

1. The centre stand takes 5 times the effort to put the bike in position but it's no deal breaker. I could easily do it with 2 finger on the OEM shocks.

2. The bike feels amazing to ride now. Took my wife and daughter for a spin and it was a fantastic experience. Improved stance. High speed stability.

3. It's a blessing for the spine. I swear. I wouldn't dare to take my family out on the 2024 edition with OEM shocks even on the lowest setting (it seems RE has tweaked the shocks for increased stiffness). It hurt my neck and lower back when I tried to jump a short but wide based speedbreaker on OEMs. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all. Thank god no more issue like that.

4. My height is about 5.6 ft/169cm. And even though I am not both feet flat the bike is as manoeuvrable as my xTB500, xClassic350R esp in hellish traffic. It gets even better with a pillion.

5. One additional benefit is that these shocks are lighter. So I don't feel the weight too much for single foot down moments in traffic or while turning.

6. There are no squeaky sounds coming from the TEC shocks.

So overall I am extremely happy with the new upgrade. Infact I had a heavy feeling in my heart all these days with this impulsive new purchase (pre-upgrade). I took my daughter to school once on the bike and it kinda slipped on dry mud/dust and I ended up with my bike hanging over on one side haha. My 37 year old knee felt it! I was detached from the bike from thereon and felt like I had to sell it and get me Classic 650 in the future. All thanks to speedmonks & tec folks for this amazing upgrade.

I have done my Srinagar-Ladkah-Manali ritual back in 2015 with my wife as pillion on Thunderbird 500 and boy it wasn't fussy at all with my 5"6 but bulky frame. It's a great feeling to be able to control your bike in sticky situations. Short folks with good skills will relate.

So yes that's the update friends. Hope that helps. We have hope. TEC is a saviour haha. I am enjoying the gurgle of the RE twins finally.

But I need help with 2 really nagging issues. Kindly advise dear riders/seniors:

1. The light is horrible. I never felt a need of upgrade on any of my bikes before. Should I go for aux. If yes, which ones keeping safety of incoming traffic in mind.

2. My bike sometimes stalls in 1st gear while moving/turning at low speeds even when the rpm is around 1.25. Never experienced this on my Vulcan 650 or any other RE bikes before except Himalayan maybe. Is it a clutch issue ? Or is it a high revving engine and needs the unnecessary stimulus at low speeds ?

Any suggestions/advise would be highly appreciated. Regards.
gobarboss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650

TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650 - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 00:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobarboss View Post

But I need help with 2 really nagging issues. Kindly advise dear riders/seniors:

1. The light is horrible. I never felt a need of upgrade on any of my bikes before. Should I go for aux. If yes, which ones keeping safety of incoming traffic in mind.

2. My bike sometimes stalls in 1st gear while moving/turning at low speeds even when the rpm is around 1.25. Never experienced this on my Vulcan 650 or any other RE bikes before except Himalayan maybe. Is it a clutch issue ? Or is it a high revving engine and needs the unnecessary stimulus at low speeds ?
1. I have installed Maddog Scout X on my 2024 Inty 650. It is sufficient for cruising upto 90kmph in the night on highways, if you want to cruise faster, get Maddog Alpha, but I for one, would stay within 90kmph during the dark on highways. Also you can get Maddog Scout if you are someone who cruises below 70kmph.

2. Yes. It is common in new BS6 Interceptor. I have also owned BS4 Interceptor previously, therefore I consider myself to having slightly better insight Only way to overcome it is by installing FuelX Pro. So unless you are willing to shell out 22k, exercising your wrists is the only option

My BS4 and BS6 Interceptor respectively:
Attached Thumbnails
TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650-2ad3f5f63a154bd1ba3b98d88b050ba8.jpg  

TEC Lowering Shocks for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 / Continental GT 650-20240525_111557.jpg  

Legal_Eagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 08:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobarboss View Post
A few updates on TEC LOWERING SHOCKS for Interceptor/GT:

Any suggestions/advise would be highly appreciated. Regards.
I took the delivery of the Barcelona Blue 2 weeks ago and have the same issues. The stalling is happening quite frequently in super low speeds and makes me wonder if I need to clean up the relays for such a new bike or change them entirely.
Crank270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 08:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal_Eagle View Post
1. I have installed Maddog Scout X on my 2024 Inty 650. It is sufficient for cruising upto 90kmph in the night on highways, if you want to cruise faster, get Maddog Alpha, but I for one, would stay within 90kmph during the dark on highways. Also you can get Maddog Scout if you are someone who cruises below 70kmph.

2. Yes. It is common in new BS6 Interceptor. I have also owned BS4 Interceptor previously, therefore I consider myself to having slightly better insight Only way to overcome it is by installing FuelX Pro. So unless you are willing to shell out 22k, exercising your wrists is the only option

My BS4 and BS6 Interceptor respectively:
Thank you very much sir. I prefer to stay under 100 always. Nights must be slower given the random ballistic encounters on our highways. I will search these lights asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank270 View Post
I took the delivery of the Barcelona Blue 2 weeks ago and have the same issues. The stalling is happening quite frequently in super low speeds and makes me wonder if I need to clean up the relays for such a new bike or change them entirely.
That's reassuring. Thank you. Watched a lot of international users complain about the excess grease and quality of relays too. Looks like a nice opportunity to learn a few DIY tricks.

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th May 2024 at 08:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks