Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 10:48   #1
BHPian

TVS on a roll! FI RTR, CCVTi Flame, new Star city!

Im referrin to TVS Motors launches seven products in one go - India PRwire

TVS took the market by storm with the new Apache RTR, and now this, the FI RTR. The bike will hit the roads in November, along with a new 125cc Flame and all new star city.

The Apache RTR was already smoking the 150cc class (ok, it does have a cc adv) and the FI will only do wonders to it, specially the power delivery and most probably the fuel economy too!
Old 31st August 2007, 10:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

What is CCVTi?
And FI is Fuel Injection, right?
Old 31st August 2007, 11:01   #3
BHPian

FI : yes fuel injection
CCVTi : accordin to TVS, it stands for controlled combustion variable timing intelligent) engine, and not only reduces the carbon dioxide but also cuts down carbon monoxide production by 70 percent.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:28   #4
BHPian

Query...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

CCVTi : accordin to TVS, it stands for controlled combustion variable timing intelligent) engine, and not only reduces the carbon dioxide but also cuts down carbon monoxide production by 70 percent.
What timing does this system variate?? Is it the spark timing?
Old 31st August 2007, 12:37   #5
BHPian

Nice news bunny! But I would like to see some 200CC bike from TVS. But, aint quite sure if there is any market for it! Coz on bangalore roads, I hardly spot P180s forget P200s. And everyone wants to buy P150 even though the difference between P150 and P180 is less than 2k!
Old 31st August 2007, 13:18   #6
BHPian

Any body pls throw some detail regarding electric scooty, a picture of that will also help me out as i intend to buy this for my wife.

Also is there any seperate forum for electric two wheleers in this site if so pls provide me the link, thks in advance.
Old 31st August 2007, 13:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Nice news bunny! But I would like to see some 200CC bike from TVS. But, aint quite sure if there is any market for it! Coz on bangalore roads, I hardly spot P180s forget P200s. And everyone wants to buy P150 even though the difference between P150 and P180 is less than 2k
I see more of new P180s than P150s. There are also a few 200s and 220s but they are only sold from probiking showrooms.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:11   #8
BHPian

doomsday : no idea!

Have edited my blog with some more news about the new bikes. You can read it here New bikes from TVS

TVS is known to have a 200cc bike, which they use in rallies. If they want, they can easily use it. Im sure they have some thing comin up at the 2009 Auto Expo

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 31st August 2007 at 14:12.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

They are launching 2 stroke three wheelers. Shame on Indian manufacturers for screwing up the air we breathe.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Srishiva : Fret not, these will easily comply with the emission norms that Indian govt has set for new vehicles. It is a myth, that four-stroke engines are always cleaner than 2-stroke ones.
Do you, Bajaj too is ready to roll out a 3-wheeler with a 2stroke engine, which as clean as any 4stroke around?
Old 31st August 2007, 14:53   #11
BANNED

But two stroke with Fuel injection works and emmits just like four stroke.
TVS was about to Launch Shogun with Fuel injection way back in late 90's but all things got screwed as they departed from Suzuki and many other things stopped them for that.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bunny, No its not a myth. They stopped making two stroke engines because it was difficult to meet the new pollution norms (in two wheelers).

I think they have a different set of norms for 3 wheelers which sucks big time and hence have been able to meet them.

Besides, think about the efficiency of the engines.
Old 31st August 2007, 19:46   #13
BHPian

Clarification...

Quote:
Srishiva : Fret not, these will easily comply with the emission norms that Indian govt has set for new vehicles. It is a myth, that four-stroke engines are always cleaner than 2-stroke ones.
Do you, Bajaj too is ready to roll out a 3-wheeler with a 2stroke engine, which as clean as any 4stroke around?
The new generation 2-Stroke engine that Bajaj is ready to roll out in its 3-wheeler incorporates DI (Direct Injection). It is a sort of Fuel-Injection for 2-strokes which would eliminate the need for a carb and also result in cleaner emissions and better efficiency. The emissions which these engines produce will be at par with what 4-Stroke engines produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Bunny, No its not a myth. They stopped making two stroke engines because it was difficult to meet the new pollution norms (in two wheelers).

I think they have a different set of norms for 3 wheelers which sucks big time and hence have been able to meet them.

Besides, think about the efficiency of the engines.
However, the present 2-Stroke engines are nowhere near the prescribed pollution norms. Hence, these have been phased out.

You can get more info on the 2-Stroke DI motor in the July issue of the CV (Commercial Vehicle) Magazine.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:39   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... reduces the carbon dioxide but also cuts down carbon monoxide production by 70 percent...
does this mean more un-burnt fuel out of the exhaust ?

An efficient combustion device should burn all the fuel that it's fed. When all fuel is burnt completely, CO2 will be more, not less. And under ideal conditions, even that CO should get 'burnt' into CO2.

Last edited by condor : 31st August 2007 at 20:41.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:48   #15
BHPian

read that tvs apache has a 180cc variant but its not for the domestic market!!

more over 2 stroke direct injection sounds interesting to me, wonder how it works

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks