Team-BHP - Bajaj Auto to sue TVS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bajaj Auto to sue TVS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/28326-bajaj-auto-sue-tvs-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxima (Post 726254)
I hate TVS. and HH.

If Bajaj did not launch the Pulsar and Discover, we would still have CD Dawn+++s and Super Duper Splendors selling for 45k and 60k respectively.

Take the XCD for an example. It has more features than TVS's and HH's 150cc bikes and is still priced on par with their 125 ccs (if not below)

Bajaj started:

Alloy wheels for the masses.
Disc brakes for the masses.
Self start, LED tail lamps, digital speedos for the masses.
What about the spring in spring technology that it offers in the ultra-cheap platina?

All other bike manufacturers in India are playing catchup.

Who cares? I have never owned an Indian bike and dont intend to either. My first bike was the CBR 600 lol:. I hate Rahul Bajaj becase he's responsible for the big bikes being difficult to get here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 725563)
I hate Bajaj. Mainly because I hate that Rahul Bajaj :mad:. He's the one who made sure that you can't import the big bikes earlier then later he made sure that you cant import anything under 800 cc. He's got a big hand in all these stupid rules.

thats excellent from Rahul Bajaj.
he has given a means of earning for the many thousands than have a few bikers with more cubic inches freaking around!!haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 726179)
And patents are subject to nullification by the courts. Even when you get a patent, if the court finds that it should not have been granted, the court will strike it down. This has a flip side - seen now - anybody with a good patent lawyer can obtain a bogus, non-inventive patent (like the Amazon double click patent, which is now nullified, AFAIK) and then indulge in anti-competitive practises. Companies like Microsoft are now doing this in the software world; and worst part of the tactics is that Microsoft is not even divulging what patents they are claiming.

Every one uses patents to advantage. ..The play thief until caught...or proved wrong in this case.

Quote:

The time is 20 years now. And given that double sparks technology is already patented, what is so innovative about using that on < 250 CC engines? And what is the sanctity of this 250CC? (I have no clue how/why this 250 CC threshold exists). Miniaturisation is not patentable, it is just design innovation, and design innovation is protected by a different law. Somebody else can easily arrive at a different method of such miniaturisation.
2 spark plugs + ignition technology.not just 2 spark plugs on a small piston.

Quote:

In what way? The costs our courts award are peanuts!!! And there is no penalty for false allegations. Bajaj can easily establish a hegemony on the whole market by the time the court case is over. And remember that unlike the US, where "Long drawn patent litigation" means a case which reaches its end in 3 years, a "quickly decided" litigaion in India takes mere 3 decades. :Frustrati
Like any competitor, bajaj is trying to use rules in its interest and advantage. TVS should battle it out.

And, im not trying to take sides of either bajaj or TVS.
In fact i dislike bajaj & neutral about TVS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeguru (Post 725725)
its like same as the honda vtech technology invented by honda thats why only honda can use v tech engines in cars .

its just mine thinking for bajaj

How about patenting the slant & kick technology that we used for ages in our bajaj scooters ? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla (Post 726427)
thats excellent from Rahul Bajaj.
he has given a means of earning for the many thousands than have a few bikers with more cubic inches freaking around!!haha

Sorry Mr. Godzilla but I must inform you that this moron bajaj is losing the battle as suzuki is launching bikes below 800cc but above 250cc very soon hawhaw :uncontrol. You cant avoid the inevitable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 726633)
How about patenting the slant & kick technology that we used for ages in our bajaj scooters ? :uncontrol

lol....thats will be a good one. i am sure that rahul bajaj already has a patent for it. it is an indegenous development of the manual choke by the bajaj r&d team. by using the slant and kick system you have effectively eliminated the need for the choke system hence reducing costs. :uncontrol

Lot of Bajaj bashing going on here. Speaking from a purely social point of view bajaj has provided employment to millions of skilled and unskilled people. And as far as 'tactics' go it's the norm if they have to be in business and make money. 'coz in India apart from the normal expenses and overheads in running a business there are equally high costs of palm-greasing.

looks like tvs has decided to redesign their "alleged patent infringing" engine and relaunch the flame soon with one plug only. (they could actually try 3 you know but DTSi could also mean Digital Triple Spark ignition and so bajaj may file another case)

and wasavatyres.....tvs has also provided employment to millions of ......ditto ditto ditto.....palm-greasing.

I have seen a triple spark plug head sometime back while i was browsing. Apparently it was a head belonging to a nitro burning turbo charged S&S drag motor :D

checkout this link, this bike of honda launched in 1960s has two spark plugs!
now does this mean the honda can sue the bajaj or it doent apply as its way too old?

the photo graphs are in the first page, did not know how to post a single post i am leaving the thread's link here!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post727066

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 733497)
checkout this link, this bike of honda launched in 1960s has two spark plugs!
now does this mean the honda can sue the bajaj or it doent apply as its way too old?

the photo graphs are in the first page, did not know how to post a single post i am leaving the thread's link here!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post727066

As you will read in the thread there it's a single carb, twin cylinder engine, hence 2 spark plugs one for each cylinder.
More over, it seems like Bajaj are mis-using indian patents, even if there is a 40's bike which has 2 plugs, who cares, Bajaj would claim it did it first in india.
3 spark plug would quite a comcept for a street bike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gendarmee (Post 733608)
As you will read in the thread there it's a single carb, twin cylinder engine, hence 2 spark plugs one for each cylinder.
More over, it seems like Bajaj are mis-using indian patents, even if there is a 40's bike which has 2 plugs, who cares, Bajaj would claim it did it first in india.
3 spark plug would quite a comcept for a street bike!

pardom me for this only saw the two spark plugs!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 733633)
pardom me for this only saw the two spark plugs!:)

Check that thread...
At first I thought the same, was corrected by Sankar' :)

Now TVS has challenged the judge's order. This is getting interesting. Read this:

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : TVS Motor Company challenges single judge’s order

Nice this is getting better and better! Good for the consumer if TVS wins this case. If not they better develop something else for the market - again good for the consumer.