Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2004, 21:03   #1
BHPian

I have a 2002 Red CBZ...The bike was bought in Nasik from Jitendra Automobiles..the bike was in nasik initally so was serviced @ Jitendra Automobiles...but now i have moved to Bombay and getting my bike serviced from FortPoint at Mahim.I have got the bike seriveced thrice there....each time i told them there was a problem of oil leakage from below the engine and some noise from the engine.Everytime they told me the noise from the engine is normal and nothing to worry abt...i also got the tappet setting done.As for the oil leakage they fixed it but it keeps happening again n again.
This time when i went to get the bike serviced i told them abt the noise from the engine...they told me the cam had a problem n needs to be replaced...i told them my bike is under warranty and they shld do it under warranty.I had actually lost the service book when i shifted to Bombay from Nasik.But i have all the other relevant papers like the delivery challan n stuff.The ppl at FortPoint told me that if i dont have the service book they cant help me with the warranty.They flattly refused to help me in any sort of way.It was like no service book no warranty.I told them abt my situation and they said they cant do anything abt it...they said they need to know abt the free services..i told them they were done in Nasik n they could get info from Nasik if they wanted...But they showed no co-operation.They wanted me to go to Nasik and get the service info.I think HH delearships can do a better job of helping their customers...it isnt everyday that somebody looses the service book and for sure no 1 looses it on purpose.I dont think any1 would not use their free service coupons

Besides the bike doesnt get very well serviced at FortPoint...the service centre in Nasik does a better job than FortPoint.They can be a little more helpful and courteous(this particular person i dont wanna name him was quite rude abt the whole warranty thing).While all this was happening...they were a couple of dissatisfied guys giving a piece of their mind to the serivce supervisors.I also spoke to a couple of guys in the waiting lounge and they werent particularly happy with service at FortPoint.
This really hurts HH's image as a market leader....Hope they do something about it.
Old 7th April 2004, 00:42   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

just shoot off a letter regarding this to Hero Honda.
I did the same thing when VIP Auto took around 4-5 months to get my Elim panel replaced under warranty. And within 2 weeks of sendin the letter, the VIP guy calls me up and tells me that the panel has arrived and even told me that he's willin to get it to my house if i cant come there.
Old 7th April 2004, 01:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wraith why ydont you look out for another dealer pal?

Cheers
Old 7th April 2004, 14:51   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the camshaft of such a brilliant engine has a problem within 2 years, I would think that the lubrication is at fault...translated FortPoint. You had specified the oil leaks well in advance, and they didnt give it due importance. Make a big noise about it, and be darned aggressive in your negotiations with them. I literally brought Ichibaan Honda down to their knees, and turned the house upside down when I was there to pick up my Vtec.

Write to Hero Motors, CC it to the GM of Fortpoint. Be loud about it.

I agree with them on their point of the lost service booklet though. You must get a copy of the services performed from the Nasik outlet to prove that you have maintained the bike as per manufacturer recommendations.

GTO

P.S. Are you on an extended warranty, or does the CBZ come with a two year package?
Old 7th April 2004, 15:07   #5
BHPian

The CBZ comes with 2 yr warranty
Old 7th April 2004, 23:52   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 07 2004,13:21)]I agree with them on their point of the lost service booklet though. You must get a copy of the services performed from the Nasik outlet to prove that you have maintained the bike as per manufacturer recommendations.
I agree,

you have to keep in mind that the service center deals with all sorts of people (some being idiots)...and when u walk in they dont know that you are a car guy and not an idiot...anyway...did u get the cam replaced? and try to figure out the source of that oil leak as it does not sounds very good on a new engine!

cya
Rehaan
Old 8th April 2004, 00:05   #7
BHPian

It will be done on friday...they still havent found the exact cause of the leak yet...hope this time everything gets done properly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks