Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 08:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Bajaj XCD 125 DTS-Si

Bumping this thread up after a long time.

The piston rings of my XCD, of the 1st batch of September 2007, are shot as per the symptoms I am observing. Considering her age, the mileage she has done and the experiments in engine oil (Motul 300), the rings packing up is expected to me. So, instead of changing just the rings, I am thinking of changing the entire piston set, cylinder block. Am I right in my thinking?

The spare parts are available with our Bajaj dealer and hence that is not an issue.
Old 4th April 2019, 18:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Bumping this thread up after a long time.

The piston rings of my XCD, of the 1st batch of September 2007, are shot as per the symptoms I am observing. Considering her age, the mileage she has done and the experiments in engine oil (Motul 300), the rings packing up is expected to me. So, instead of changing just the rings, I am thinking of changing the entire piston set, cylinder block. Am I right in my thinking?

The spare parts are available with our Bajaj dealer and hence that is not an issue.
Wouldn't be wrong to change the entire block since you'd basically have a brand new engine. I would also suggest getting the head cleaned up from any form of carbon in the valves and guides. It will make sure that your engine lasts longer with the new block. No need to use a synth or SS oil. Just use mineral oil and change very 2200-2500kms and you should be fine.
Old 8th April 2019, 16:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
Wouldn't be wrong to change the entire block since you'd basically have a brand new engine. I would also suggest getting the head cleaned up from any form of carbon in the valves and guides.
Head cleaned, rings changed. As per Bajaj, no need to change piston as it does not need replacement. And it won't need to be replaced even after 6-8 months or a year. So left that as it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks