Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 10:58   #466
BHPian

Kwackerooni boys! You can certainly beat Olympians to Athens when it comes to gossiping!

Though drool pics. Keep them coming!

Pssst: I see the official launch delayed post and then nothing else! When was this launched and where?
Old 8th October 2009, 11:00   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Kwackerooni boys! You can certainly beat Olympians to Athens when it comes to gossiping!
Bunch of girlees I tell ya!
Quote:
Pssst: I see the official launch delayed post and then nothing else! When was this launched and where?
I swear! I did not pick anything on the T.V. news not on news sites. I guess no one except us are interested. Any news on what the guys on the other motorbike forum think of this bike, price and the soft launch ?
Old 8th October 2009, 11:10   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
no, this price may increase. why? where's that ultimate Indian innovation safety feature 'The saree guard'
I could not control my laugh!!
Old 8th October 2009, 11:57   #469
Senior - BHPian

Well well after 10 years of waiting for the Ninja, it finally gets launched and most of my money has been invested in some place or the other. Ironical or what ? :(
Kudos to Bajaj for finally launching a true sports bike, yes it might be slightly overpriced but what a bike...sigh. Got to start saving to get one from the coming batches.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:06   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Well well after 10 years of waiting for the Ninja, it finally gets launched and most of my money has been invested in some place or the other. Ironical or what ? :(
Kudos to Bajaj for finally launching a true sports bike, yes it might be slightly overpriced but what a bike...sigh. Got to start saving to get one from the coming batches.
Hi Guys,

I have finally decided to pop off my ZMA and go in for the Ninja, Will be heading to the probiking store in Kanjurmarg tomorrow for booking the same.

Will keep on with the updates

Cheers
Old 8th October 2009, 12:58   #471
Senior - BHPian

Reality check please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I am really disappointed by the pricing. 3 Lac on road for 250 cc bike !!!.
They import from Thailand as CKD and pricing at 2.69 as such its an CUB.They have to reduce the price at least by a lakh to achive their sales target.
Sir Sudan,

You've got to keep expectations realistic. For a latest spec european version, which costs about US$4500 in the world market [US still has the Carb'd version and not the Fi; maybe they'd get a change in 2010 line up].

Now,
US$4500 = INR 2,25,000 [approx]
Add 11% duty for CKD on 225000 = 24750

Total now = INR 249750.

Bajaj's ex-showroom cost = 269000 [approx, all India]

Don't you think now that including 'maybe' any octroi, bajaj's profit and dealer margins, INR 269000 is a wonderful price?? As you've mentioned Sudan, if it was CBU, the import duty would have been 110% or more [I don't know the exact figure]. Imagine how much we'd be cribbing then, won't we?

Appreciate Bajaj to also import spare parts from Thailand and Japan [they're not short changing us by localising parts yet, so we can be sure our costly bikes get the high quality spares]. Bajaj has claimed the dealers are 'already' stocked with spare parts [some if not all]. And their mechanic technicians are adequately trained too. All these add to costs that Bajaj is yet to recover, please acknowledge that.

We cannot be fair in expecting ridiculous pricing [at 2 lakhs] and then be rudely awakened by the realistic price, and then blame Bajaj for hiking the price and making it costly. They've already done us a HUGE favour by bringing it via CKD and replacing NO parts with a Locally made one. ZILCH!! No local component. What you see on a European spec version is what you get here. Check with the experts if you desire.

I am still unable to buy one immediately, but I appreciate Bajaj for this pricing. They've truly taken into consideration enthusiasts dreams and capacities. Kudos to Bajaj for that. And I don't own a Pulsar or work for Bajaj. Just being fair.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:01   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi Guys,

I have finally decided to pop off my ZMA and go in for the Ninja, Will be heading to the probiking store in Kanjurmarg tomorrow for booking the same.

Cheers
Congrats man, way to go. Do keep us updated. Also please try to find out if they have any installment schemes
Old 8th October 2009, 13:05   #473
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It's an excellent bike.problem is with the way things are going in the market you never know if a certain suzuki is planning on a 600?? that way you might wanna wait for some of these get rolled out by the BPO crowd, wait for a few months, let him lose his job and then buy it at a 40% off from him or more ...lol! just kidding.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:29   #474
Senior - BHPian

lol, Nitroxx if I am not mistaken didnt you have a lovely zzr 400? Man, I was so in love with it
Old 8th October 2009, 13:37   #475
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Speed-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Ah yes, my bad. The new 220 does have the most bang for buck...!

You're missing the point, dear friend. When you're paying through your nose, you ought to get what you're paying for. If Kawasaki had preferred function over form, I could have understood. But this....

Actually, machines are far more expensive in Europe than elsewhere (barring India, of course). Also, European prices aren't indicative of the world-wide MSRP (max. suggested retail price).

Ah. Sorry. I was under the impression that it's an SKD,

Errr.....is that good or bad? I hope you meant that positively (although that sounded ominous..)
Yes P220 Carb keeps making a lot of sense very passing day

My friend I do believe they have given preference to both function & form as much as they can albeit tilting more towards function.

Yes EU is ridiculous in prices.

& yes from what I have heard the KTM(Duke?) should be good news & not too far away

Although I am not sure if people would be willing to shell out money for a relatively unheard brand.

Also here is my last attempt on pricing.

Is it an expensive bike? - Yes

Is it an Over priced Bike? - No

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th October 2009 at 13:40.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:41   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Is it an expensive bike? - Yes

Is it an Over priced Bike? - No
That is the best way to sum up the price debate.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:10   #477
BHPian

hey is the speedo console the one on the bike?its very cheap.the indication lights are also very cheap.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:22   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Excellent and Congrats!! Looking forward for your ownership thread and reviews. A lot of eyes will be watching
Old 8th October 2009, 14:26   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Congrats mate! Do keep us posted on the number of bookings and wait period if any.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:26   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Sir Sudan,

You've got to keep expectations realistic. For a latest spec european version, which costs about US$4500 in the world market [US still has the Carb'd version and not the Fi; maybe they'd get a change in 2010 line up].

Now,
US$4500 = INR 2,25,000 [approx]
Add 11% duty for CKD on 225000 = 24750

Total now = INR 249750.

Bajaj's ex-showroom cost = 269000 [approx, all India]
The US $4500 already covers the markups being earned by Kawasaki. And believe me they would not be less.

IMO the bike would actually cost around US$3000 (at most).

Your calculations wrongly factor the Selling price as the Cost price.

Peace!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks