Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 15:37   #646
Senior - BHPian

What is the onroad price in bangalore and where can i buy one?
Old 29th October 2009, 15:46   #647
Senior - BHPian

Get in touch with Khivraj
Old 29th October 2009, 15:50   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats! Looks good.
Good thing they are giving imported tires too. Are there any stickers that show if the bike is assembled in Thailand?

Use a magnet to check. Most likely its steel or Al. Even R1s are Al. Swingarm pivots are CNC machined.
nope tried with magnets, its not sticking.. only chassis was sticking. No evidence its assembled in thailand, but all lights were made by rinder. Rinder is a company which sell all lights for ninja abroad too, and we do have a plant in india, but im not where the supply is from? Most of plastics say made in japan too..
Old 29th October 2009, 20:46   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
nope tried with magnets, its not sticking.. only chassis was sticking. No evidence its assembled in thailand, but all lights were made by rinder...
In that case its an Aluminum frame. Even a ZX10R is Al only.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:48   #650
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK,most of the newer bikes come with the reinforced Aluminum frame.Its strong, yet light enough to shave off some pounds from the total weight of the bike.
Could we have some pics of the Ninjas fellow BHPians have bought so far?
Old 30th October 2009, 16:54   #651
BHPian

the overdrive website says the bike is manufactured in thailand and bajaj used the ckd route to keep price low.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:32   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
the overdrive website says the bike is manufactured in thailand and bajaj used the ckd route to keep price low.
Actually when there is competition then we can see some real movement in the pricing. Till then let BAL bask in the sole 250cc domain. The margins will come down once BAL sees some serious competition. Like what happened to the M800 when Indica was announced. MUL declared some juicy price cuts.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:48   #653
BHPian

Impressed with Baby Ninja

We went to check the new Ninja on Saturday (31/10/09). The bike is larger than what I had imagined, probably because R15 turned out to be smaller than expectations and that was somewhere in a corner of my mind.

I personally liked the Black one over the Green one. It looked a little bulky in appearance in comparison with the green. The quality of the build was also impressive. I think the pictures of the bike really do not do justice. You need to see it to believe it.

I am now very tempted to pick one up. But, would not like to finance it, as Bajaj does not have a very good finance option. A brief chat with the executives in the Probiking store revealed that the finance scheme requires 1.05 as down payment, and the finance for 36 months is at the rate of 13% amounting to roughly about 7.5K a month. That means, you would end up paying about 75K more for the vehicle. Wish I had 3L spare for the bike.

Also, if it helps the prospective buyers, Probiking states that the maximum delivery period is 135 days (approx 4 months), but can be delivered earlier. The chaps at the showroom were in fact suggesting to wait for the 2010 instead of buying one now
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:51   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
The chaps at the showroom were in fact suggesting to wait for the 2010 instead of buying one now
And get the delivery in April ? Are they nuts ? It would be sensible to book now and get it delivered & registered in Feb 2010 sometime.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:01   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
The chaps at the showroom were in fact suggesting to wait for the 2010 instead of buying one now
Is the price coming down next year?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:08   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Not likely. But if that happens then expect the delivery period to go over the 4 month mark.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:11   #657
BHPian

This is OT, but is there any plans of a 250cc cruiser bike (like the Aquilla) being launched in the near future?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:11   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima
No, I don't think the prices are going to come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez
And get the delivery in April ? Are they nuts ? It would be sensible to book now and get it delivered & registered in Feb 2010 sometime.
I guess the chap was trying to convince me to book now and take delivery in 2010. I was arguing with the executive that 4 months wait period is way too long and by the time the delivery date comes, a prospective customer can loose all the enthusiasm.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:16   #659
BHPian

Its Home.

Hello Guys,

As promised our Probiking guys at Kanjurmarg Mumbai were able to deliver the bike to me much ahead of time on the 5th Nov 09. Thanks Janakiram (Manager - Kanjurmarg) and team.

First Impression.

I took the delivery of the vehicle from the warehouse at Bhiwandi, i didnt want anyone to ride her before i did. The bike came packed in a MS frame wrapped with carton packaging. Looking at the packaging i felt like a king and they were treating the Ninja as a premium offerring. The guys at the warehouse were busy setting up Pulsars and allied Hamara Bajaj's for despatch to the delivery and their style wasnt too impressive, however the way the guys handled my Ninja was a sight to see. I could see a radical change in the way the handled the Pulsars ( No offences to Pulsar riders - am just saying what i have seen ) they gave great amount of respect in unpacking the beast. The bike once off the packing had its handlebars removed. The engineer from Probiking was specially sent to perform PDI on these machines. The only other part apart from the handlebars that needed to be fitted was the windscreen. The process took a good 2 hours and i was getting really impatient to ride her and so was my wifey who also accompanied me to get home our new ride.

After the 2 hours wait, i was finally handed over the keys and some set of instructions like the running in and blah blah. We perfomed the coconut breaking ritual and we mounted our new kid on the block. The bike felt nice but extremely tight, the engine needed to be run in before it opens up. I then took the road that leads to N Mumbai ( My Home) from Bhiwandi. I had quite a few heads turned almost as soon as i took off from the Warehouse.

The first few hours i clocked about 65 kms on my little monster. Just today am back after taking the beast for its first ride to Talegaon, i will post my drive experience with pictures very soon.,
Old 8th November 2009, 01:23   #660
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the your latest acquisition Speedfreak. What was your last ride before the upgrade to the Ninja?
A few days, and I'd be waiting for an initial ownership thread from you alongwith some pictures too. What colour did you get your Ninja?

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks