Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 12:23   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCarz View Post
Guys I have been noticing droplets of oil whenever i park my bike after the ride. Was going to check this with the Bajaj guys on the weekend.

Have any of the other Ninja owners experienced this. Please share your views.
Apologies for reposting since missed out on the attachment

Guys I have been noticing droplets of oil whenever i park my bike after the ride. Was going to check this with the Bajaj guys on the weekend.

I have attached the picture where we can see some droplets after a small ride of around 10kms. I had a similar experience earlier where the oil contents on floor was bit higher when I had ridden around 60 odd kms.

Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-img_0126.jpg  

Old 12th December 2009, 00:01   #707
Senior - BHPian

Don't even bother with Bajaj. They took several hours just to service the bike (oil and filter change).

You will just be one of their Guinea Pigs when you go with this problem. Go to a superbike mechanic.
Old 12th December 2009, 13:41   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmechanic View Post
Kawasaki is reportedly recalling the Ninja 250R motorcycle model that bears the ‘2009-2010 model-year’ tag. The recall has been issued due to a detection of a possible oil leak that can be highly hazardous. Apparently porosity in the engine case may allow oil to leak from the engine and get deposited on the rear tire thus increasing chances of a crash.

Kawasaki is reported to have detected this problem in the upper engine cases for some of the 2009-2010 250R models and are blaming it on the porosity in the aluminum casting. This porosity may occur in the pressurized oil passage just above the transmission output shaft. The oil leaking from this location may hence be deposited on the rear tire, turning into a hazardous scenario for the rider. Kawasaki will inspect the recalled vehicles for leaks in the casing, and all the units that show or hint towards the damage will be repaired free of charge. The recall is expected to commence in the US today onwards. Bajaj however haven’t issued any such warning/recall to the Indian customers just yet. Watch this space as we try our best to bring you an update from Bajaj on this matter.

source : Motoroids - The Free Revving Species: Latest automotive news, car and motorcycle reviews, first drives and rides, features, videos, wallpapers, motorsports, forums and free Motoroids2 e-magazine download – India’s first bike e-magazine. India’s

Quote:

I have attached the picture where we can see some droplets after a small ride of around 10kms. I had a similar experience earlier where the oil contents on floor was bit higher when I had ridden around 60 odd kms.

Do you think your oil leak problem is associated with the above post?
Old 12th December 2009, 19:04   #709
BHPian

"Porosity in the aluminium casting"
This baffles me. Does that mean they used such a thin gauge of metal that it cannot handle the oil pressure?
Old 13th December 2009, 11:40   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Don't even bother with Bajaj. They took several hours just to service the bike (oil and filter change).

You will just be one of their Guinea Pigs when you go with this problem. Go to a superbike mechanic.
Thanks Straight, but have u noticed the similar problem, or any of our fellow bhpian's have noticed this problem. Please do let me know if any of you guys have noticed the similar problem with their bike.

Btw congratulations Straight for completing 1000kms of green baby. (assuming that you had visited for oil change). Cheers!!!
Old 13th December 2009, 13:17   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Straight, but have u noticed the similar problem, or any of our fellow bhpian's have noticed this problem. Please do let me know if any of you guys have noticed the similar problem with their bike.

Btw congratulations Straight for completing 1000kms of green baby. (assuming that you had visited for oil change). Cheers!!!
I don't have a Ninja. I'm talking about a friends experience and also someone he knows.

As far as I know he doesn't have the leak in his bike.
Old 13th December 2009, 19:20   #712

Quote:

No dude there are 2 more ninjas in my circle and none have such kind of issue..
Here are my baby ninja[green] pictures.completed 1300+ kms.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0548.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0559.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0562.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0563.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0564.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-100_0565.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th December 2009, 23:36   #713
BHPian

Nice pics buddy, yours looks great with the rear fender removed. I am waiting for mine to get delivered. Hoping to get her sometime in March considering I booked mine last week.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:14   #714

I Agree, cool pics and the accessories too...

Which are these gloves and where did u get it from.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:22   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromnormal View Post
No dude there are 2 more ninjas in my circle and none have such kind of issue..
Here are my baby ninja[green] pictures.completed 1300+ kms.
Amazing pics of an amazing piece of machinery.
I am planning to get on the Ninja bandwagon myself and will buy the black one.
Just wanted to know what is the approximate waiting time for it in Bombay. I went to a Bajaj showroom (not probiking) and they said its around 2-2.5 months. I also came to know that a new probiking showroom is coming up in Bandra. He said the price is 3.05L OTR Bombay.

He did not have any further details. I am surprised that Sai service is selling the new Pulsar 220. Isn't that bike exclusively sold at probiking outlets?

Cheers
Old 16th December 2009, 12:34   #716
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Everyone.

I have got my green baby serviced a few days back at ProBiking Navi Mumbai, the guys were good but very shaky, that would probably be since this was the second ninja they have serviced and they literally need to strip the bike of its fairing for the service. The service took a good 4 hrs, All they did was change oil / Oil filter, clean the air filter and then refit the fairing again. Overall the vehicle felt smoother to ride, this was my second oil change though the first one was @ 500kms.

@ Dreamcarz - Whats the mileage done on your bike so far ? Have you logged a complaint with the Bajaj guys.

@ farfromnormal - Very Hot ride there, you have really cool stuff, can you please share the source from where you have picked up the accessories from ?
Old 16th December 2009, 12:37   #717
BHPian

Speed Freak, what is your bike's mileage (kmpl)?
Old 16th December 2009, 12:39   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Speed Freak, what is your bike's mileage (kmpl)?
Hi Proxima,

I think it should be about 22 kmpl
Old 16th December 2009, 14:27   #719

@Speed - I have done only 465kms so far, since hardly got time to ride my green baby :-(

Will be writing it to Bajaj as well as Kawasaki once m back in town.

How much have u clocked so far???
Old 19th December 2009, 17:38   #720
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a green Ninja 250R in Delhi near Brittania factory.

The guy was wearing a local Aerostar helmet. Hope he upgrades soon!

I gave him a thumbs-up but he decided to arrogantly rev and rush off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks