Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 14:21   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks dude. Fiero is still around. Use it for daily rides. Ninja is a weekend bike only or for those quick blasts.
What!! I thought I shall shift to Your workplace for the daily rides
Where are the pics maan!
Old 10th May 2010, 14:27   #872
BANNED

Quote:
Detailed report in a few days. too busy riding and too tired post the ride.
WHOA!!! Its home.. AWESOME. When and where do I get to have a look? This calls for the long awaited meet to happen.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:32   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats Aditya , so the brinjal green....errr ...cool apple green ninja is here .Ride safe .Pictures saaaar pictures ?
Brinjal green. LOL. I thought it was purple.

Report coming up in a bit. Patience people. I'm not as fast as the Ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Why there are no other color choices apart from black and green?

has anyone tried painting the ninja 250 in other color like red etc.

Any idea of the cost involved?
Well this is an import and so Bajaj is waiting and watching the market. Its too early to say what clicks and what wont. Give 'em a year or so and we should have more colors.

Painting a brand new bike? Well it costs around 40k IIRC. 3 coats is what it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
What!! I thought I shall shift to Your workplace for the daily rides Where are the pics maan!
You're still welcome to ride the daily ride Kandan. Report will be posted in a bit.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:07   #874
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude, heard you got the photography whiz from the forum to click the Ninja .
Man looks like you are gonna make us wait each day of the 3 months you had to wait for the Ninja. Come on bro, pics and report.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:20   #875
Senior - BHPian

More colors and more bikes
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-kawasaki-ninja-250-se-08.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-2009kawasakininja250rh.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-2009kawasakininja250rg.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-red-ninja-250r-kawasaki-wallpaper.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-1stgathering1.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 04:37   #876
Team-BHP Support

Has it been launched in red as well now in India or have you just posted some international pic off the net?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
More colors and more bikes
Old 18th August 2010, 15:22   #877
Senior - BHPian

What is the OTR price of the bike in Delhi?
Old 18th August 2010, 19:49   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Do join us for a ride sometime.
Thanks for the offer Aditya, I would definitely join you guys on your weekend rides. Just waiting for the break-in period to be over!
Old 10th November 2010, 10:21   #879
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Visited Pro Biking showroom to check out the Ninja. The quote is 3.2L on road and delivery is prompt after funding since they have stock.

Am in serious dilemma whether to wait for CBR250 or take a risk with Monster 796 or play safe with the tried and tested Ninja. Do you guys think there might be a price revision taking into account the CBR launch? Also accessories list is pretty poor at the showroom. Ninja owners, how and where did you buy the accessories?

TIA!
Old 10th November 2010, 10:49   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Am in serious dilemma whether to wait for CBR250 or take a risk with Monster 796 or play safe with the tried and tested Ninja. Do you guys think there might be a price revision taking into account the CBR launch? Also accessories list is pretty poor at the showroom. Ninja owners, how and where did you buy the accessories?
The Ducati Monster is a very tempting choice. But i have read horror stories such as difficulties in registering the bike (in mumbai at present), service network is very limited (no presence in blore), service technicians sometimes are not able to diagnose issues and rectify them.

So speak to duc owners and take their first hand opinion before you make up your mind.

The CBR 250 is sure to rock the biking scene once its here. Too hard to compare it to the Ninja 250 right now with so much speculation going around. Wait it out and see which tickles your senses.

I buy my ninja aftermarket accessories from Planet DSG (Pune), Performance Racing Store (Mumbai), Bachoo Motors (Mumbai), eBay (USA), and other websites which have good closeout deals.

Edit - there is not going to be a price revision on the ninja post the CBR 250 launch IMO. Check the price of the ninja in UK/US.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th November 2010 at 10:52.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:02   #881
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aditya! I knew you would be the first to respond

I voice your concerns regarding the Duc and everyday I'm inclined to believe that it is too early to take a plunge on it.

Yes, its difficult to revise the price since its quite competitive to what it offers (though many may not agree) and am OK with it. But there is this thing you know that you buy now and after 6 months because of the market dynamics, some honchos take a decision and you are left with sour grapes.

And thanks again for the accessories source. I might PM you to seek some more inputs, hope you don't mind :-)
Old 10th November 2010, 12:20   #882
Team-BHP Support

If you're not in a rush why don't you wait for the Ninja 650R. Things were pretty quiet on that front but I again hear rumblings suggesting it will be launched by March 2011.

It'll have the peace of mind and network benefits of Kawasaki, will not hurt the pocket as much as the Ducati 796 and will have that useful bit of extra grunt over the Ninja 250.

Something to think about. :-)
Old 10th November 2010, 12:35   #883
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I have been reading about the 650 on the other forums and along with CBR250R is a perfect reason to wait and watch.

But whenever I ponder over the Ninja, I just cannot deny that its a beautiful piece of machinery and for no silly reason its the most successful and popular 250cc entry level sportsbike. The fact that in India its a proper UK spec bike without compromises makes the deal all the more sweet.

But the 650 is definitely something to think about ;-). Is the news confirmed? If it is launched and looked after anywhere close to the lines of its younger sibling, it'll be yet another great move by Kaw.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:42   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya! I knew you would be the first to respond
My pleasure.

Quote:
But there is this thing you know that you buy now and after 6 months because of the market dynamics, some honchos take a decision and you are left with sour grapes.
If at all the ninja 250R sees some price revision it wont bother me (maybe a wee bit thats all).

But here is a fact... I am no longer looking forward to wide open throttle kind of riding. Gets boring after a while. Initially i was blown away that a bike could do over 160kmph but now the top speed is no longer enticing me. Its the corners. I'm learning and practicing to lean more and carve corners faster. This is much more exciting than just a mindless blast on a straight road (no offence). You'll most probably come to this state of mind once you buy a performance bike.

Quote:
And thanks again for the accessories source. I might PM you to seek some more inputs, hope you don't mind :-)
Of course not ! More than happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If you're not in a rush why don't you wait for the Ninja 650R. Things were pretty quiet on that front but I again hear rumblings suggesting it will be launched by March 2011.

It'll have the peace of mind and network benefits of Kawasaki, will not hurt the pocket as much as the Ducati 796 and will have that useful bit of extra grunt over the Ninja 250.
On the first part, Rajiv Bajaj has merely hinted that bigger kawa's will come to india. Did not confirm if it would be the 650R. It could be the ZX-10R which would most probably come down to take on the R1's and other liter bikes.

Fully agree with you on the service network and peace of mind with bajaj's service network for the kawa's. The service manager for kawasaki at bajaj (at least in blore) is tuned into the international kawasaki forum's and ownership threads in India so they can keep track of issues and resolve them without a trial and error approach. They seem to be genuinely interested in keeping the customer happy... which is a very good thing.

Quote:
But the 650 is definitely something to think about
Do read up on international kawasaki forums. A healthy (numberswise) bunch of riders have said that the 650R is not all that exciting and is more of a tourer oriented bike. If the ZX6R would come here, I'd stand in line for sure. Sometimes I am tempted to save up for the bigger (600) kawa but i figure i'll wait for a few more years for the 600cc markets to open up.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:46   #885
Team-BHP Support

@ Aditya:

Agree with a lot of what you said. I'm also aware that the ZX 6R is definitely a very different beast than the 650R (inline 4 vs. parallel twin) and while one is an out and out sports bike the latter is a bit of a tourer but that does not really bother me. I would quite appreciate the slightly touring inclination of the 650R as I'd essentially look to do short out of town trips on the bike (currently I do this on a Bull).

You are right that it could well be the ZX 10 R (certainly easier to import since it wouldn't need to go through all the homologation) but if there's one franchise that could crack the 650 cc import (/ CKD) its Bajaj. I know Ducati simply couldn't manage the homolgation process for the Monster 696 but hopefully Bajaj should be better placed as a franchise to manage such admin stuff.

SJVH: Finally you could also consider the Hyosung 650 I guess (I'm not endorsing it or saying anything against it, simply identifying it as another option, in case you don't want to wait indefinitely).

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks