Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 20:19   #886
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

But here is a fact... I am no longer looking forward to wide open throttle kind of riding. Gets boring after a while. Initially i was blown away that a bike could do over 160kmph but now the top speed is no longer enticing me. Its the corners. I'm learning and practicing to lean more and carve corners faster. This is much more exciting than just a mindless blast on a straight road (no offence). You'll most probably come to this state of mind once you buy a performance bike.
I have always loved twisties (read my signature :-)) and was never and will never be interested in a straight drag because like you pointed, its pointless. Thats one of the reasons I'm not considering the entry level Harleys or the Bullets.

And like I mentioned in my reply to Axe, at this moment I feel Ninja is quite ahead in terms of VFM and should be a no brainer given the present offerings. Am sure you agree to that :-) My only hitch is now - Should I wait for CBR250R? Ducati dream is diminishing day by day because of the impracticality it offers in terms of cost of ownership specially me being in Bangalore where they have no presence.

Sometimes, I feel its a straightforward decision to bring the Ninja home but theres always this temptation to wait and hope for something equally better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

SJVH: Finally you could also consider the Hyosung 650 I guess (I'm not endorsing it or saying anything against it, simply identifying it as another option, in case you don't want to wait indefinitely).
Sorry but I'm somehow not very excited about Hyosung and thanks for the option anyway.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:09   #887
Team-BHP Support

Fair enough on the Hyosungs. Personally I really don't think the CBR 200 will be better than the Ninja 250. It may be cheaper but as an outright product I'm reasonably certain the Kwacker will be ahead. I would suggest waiting only if you want to spend less money. If you can afford the Ninja and like it then go for it.
Old 11th November 2010, 20:23   #888
Senior - BHPian

Get ready to welcome another Green Ninja to the forum. A dear friend and a member here (from blore) just booked one and is taking delivery early next week.

Had a long chat with him suggesting tankpad's, riding gear, etc.

Something tells me this bike will clock more miles than what his commuter bike did in the last year or two.

All the best to him and wishing him years of safe and enjoyable miles.

He had been on a ride with us and couldnt get the ninja off his mind. Finally made the decision to get one.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th November 2010 at 20:24.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:21   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Get ready to welcome another Green Ninja to the forum. A dear friend and a member here (from blore) just booked one and is taking delivery early next week.

Something tells me this bike will clock more miles than what his commuter bike did in the last year or two.

He had been on a ride with us and couldnt get the ninja off his mind. Finally made the decision to get one.
Congrats Sammyboy - Keeping the RTR 180 too?
Old 11th November 2010, 23:26   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

lol, thanks a lot man. You have been a major deciding factor in my taking the plunge . 1994, that was the year I fell for the Ninja, 2010 is the year I am finally going to realize my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Congrats Sammyboy - Keeping the RTR 180 too?
hee hee thanks a lot man. I know a few guys would be able to know in an instant who Aditya has been speaking about.
Yeah, keeping the RTR too bro. Need a shopping cart

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th November 2010 at 23:30.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:30   #891
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Sammyboy!

Congrats on your great decision. Hope you ride this one more than your poor RTR! Looking forward to a great ownership thread.

Cheers!
Old 11th November 2010, 23:32   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Awesome Sammyboy!

Congrats on your great decision. Hope you ride this one more than your poor RTR! Looking forward to a great ownership thread.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot bro . Yeah man, i am sure that I will be able to do justice to the Ninja.
Old 12th November 2010, 00:04   #893
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @sammyboy. Whats the booking amount like ? If I may ask.
Old 12th November 2010, 00:14   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats @sammyboy. Whats the booking amount like ? If I may ask.
Thanks bro. I didnt really need to book, had gone to the Probiking showroom on the 10th and they mentioned that they had stock and can deliver immediately (3 days including registration). So made the payment by check today, should get it by mid of next week.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:09   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Thanks bro. I didnt really need to book, had gone to the Probiking showroom on the 10th and they mentioned that they had stock and can deliver immediately (3 days including registration). So made the payment by check today, should get it by mid of next week.
oooooooooh! Someones rich! But otherwise also any idea on the booking amount for lesser mortals like your's sincerely ?
Old 12th November 2010, 09:24   #896
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sammyboy! A great choice I must say, will look forward to your ownership report

I might join the bandwagon in a month or 2 ;-)

Quote:
I didnt really need to book, had gone to the Probiking showroom on the 10th and they mentioned that they had stock and can deliver immediately (3 days including registration). So made the payment by check today, should get it by mid of next week.
You visited the showroom on 10th and me on 9th, we just narrowly missed bumping each other. Do you already have the gear or need to buy one now?

Quote:
oooooooooh! Someones rich! But otherwise also any idea on the booking amount for lesser mortals like your's sincerely ?
Its Rs. 40,000 for the booking but as sammyboy said they have stock and are selling almost off the shelf. In fact, they have stock forecasted upto Dec 10.
Old 12th November 2010, 11:00   #897
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sammyboy! welcome to the Ninja brotherhood.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:16   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lol I have exhausted every penny I ever saved and my zero balance account is just that , but I am happier that the greenbacks are out of my bank and the Green Ninja is in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congrats sammyboy! A great choice I must say, will look forward to your ownership report

I might join the bandwagon in a month or 2 ;-)
You visited the showroom on 10th and me on 9th, we just narrowly missed bumping each other. Do you already have the gear or need to buy one now?
Thanks JVH, i think I made a mistake on the dates. I went there on the 9th evening too. I remember reading your post and thinking that you beat me to the same info, but I didnt want to reply before I took the plunge.
I need to get the gear, dont really have anything apart from the helmet as of now. All the best man, take the decision and jump on the bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Congrats Sammyboy! welcome to the Ninja brotherhood.
Hey Navpreet, thanks a lot bro. Will look forward to tips from you on all aspects man.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:34   #899
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I need to get the gear, dont really have anything apart from the helmet as of now.
In fact I need to buy everything from scratch too and like you just have a helmet. So, will keep a close watch on your purchases ;-) I mean on the riding gear lol!

Quote:

All the best man, take the decision and jump on the bandwagon.
Thanks and in all probability, it will be the Ninja unless the Ducati folks convince me strongly to change my mind. Am visiting them in the first week of Dec and will also plan to meet up the Service folks and a couple of owners to get some first hand info. Am ruling out CBR250R as of now.
Old 12th November 2010, 13:07   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact I need to buy everything from scratch too and like you just have a helmet. So, will keep a close watch on your purchases ;-) I mean on the riding gear lol!
Sure thing , I will start with a riding jacket and a bike cover, then a tank pad.

Quote:
Thanks and in all probability, it will be the Ninja unless the Ducati folks convince me strongly to change my mind. Am visiting them in the first week of Dec and will also plan to meet up the Service folks and a couple of owners to get some first hand info. Am ruling out CBR250R as of now.
All the best man, the Duc is the Ferrari of bikes. Will look forward to reading your experiences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks