Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 18:13   #511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
did anyone get to hear its exhaust note?? yet??
I haven't, but I doubt it sounds anything close to an inline four. Twins usually have a boring exhaust note, atleast in stock form.

manson.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:13   #512
BHPian

i think the enthusiasts need to wait till there are a lot of resellers in the market.if you like the ninja,please wait.the resale price for these bike will be half of its showroom price.which will be worth buying.this is what i thought."what an idea sirji"
Old 8th October 2009, 18:28   #513
BHPian

Youtube got me this.

Guess the bike sold here will be similar.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:34   #514
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Manson's post nearly got me thinking that it might just sound like the usual ulsar. But it sounds decent enough (considering exhaust sound standards in India atleast).

By the way guys with carbbed bikes, fitting a K&N means it'll run lean and upjetting's the solution. Same problem faced in FI bikes too?
I know it's a silly question on this thread but had ridden a K&N fitted, upjetted comet and stock one too. The former sounds a revelation ahead specially once past 7k rpm.

Last edited by bharti22shresth : 8th October 2009 at 18:38.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:22   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I haven't, but I doubt it sounds anything close to an inline four. Twins usually have a boring exhaust note, atleast in stock form.

manson.
i hope it will not soud a nitch better that the mo-ped-bikes that we already have on our roads.
sorry no Utube access in office so could not check the vid posted byyzfrj
Old 8th October 2009, 19:28   #516
Senior - BHPian

We don't get the chrome silencer as seen in the video and hence maybe not the same silencer even. Maybe it sounds as how they have in the website audio.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:22   #517
Senior - BHPian

Afaik its exhaust note does not find many lovers. Obviously it is much better than anything we have on offer in India right now, but it still generates decent revenues for Remus and co.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:55   #518
BHPian

Checked the bike out at the Probiking showroom here in Hyderabad. I was curious as to how a parallel twin would sound, it sounded good like a sport bike should, at lower revs anyway. The bike was parked inside the showroom so I am sure there was some added gain, it might not sound as impressive or loud out in the open.

Bike did not have any graphics, sports a clean understated look, it did appeal to my sensibilities. 250 isnt anywhere on the bike on display, so Bajaj is being careful not to draw attention to the engine size. Looks bigger in person than the pictures might suggest. Cost is 305k OTR here, a little pricey by about 50k in my view, for what is on offer.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:47   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
A Honda Shine sells for 2000 pounds in the UK so lets keep things objective here.
now where did you read this?
Old 9th October 2009, 00:30   #520
BHPian

Bike looks great and black cloor is defnitely the best. The only problem that I see here is the skinny tires. Well its just my thought other people might like it.
Old 9th October 2009, 03:00   #521
BHPian

I've ridden the 250R, ZX-6R, and ZX-10R quite a bit. If you all want, I could write up a detailed comparison of how all three compare.
Old 9th October 2009, 03:34   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Well.. there were quiet a few changes/upgrades to the engine, suspension and breaks too. There are many reports mentioning these improvements.

My point was that they are selling us what they are selling in EU and not some phased out version.

And then, its supposed to be the best 250 in the world for a very long time. That speaks of something about the bike's capability.
Truth be known the engine upgrades were extremely minor - basically timing and porting changes. But yes, the 250 twin is a very good engine, but it is not a race engine.

And yes, the Ninja 250 is a 20+ year-old bike. In 2007 it was remodeled, and the frame is different now, however the bike itself is not necessarily a more capable bike over the previous generation 250. The goal of the remodel was to update the looks of the bike primarily, not its performance.
Old 9th October 2009, 07:37   #523
Senior - BHPian

That sound in that You tube video up there in this page is absolute music for what we can get now. NICE!!!
Old 9th October 2009, 07:46   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
I've ridden the 250R, ZX-6R, and ZX-10R quite a bit. If you all want, I could write up a detailed comparison of how all three compare.
Please do write one up for us.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 9th October 2009, 10:40   #525
BHPian

I saw the Ninja 250 yesterday at the Kanjurmarg probiking Showroom, They (2 - green & black) had just reached there and were parked outside the showroom.

I asked them if they were test vehicles, the man seemed shocked and replied "No no abhi 2 min pehle aaya hai".

They started the bikes and climbed them on a ramp in to the showroom.
They wouldnt allow pictures and touching (I dont know why no pictures post launch - Wierdos).

The exhaust was Ok much like a pulsar but the real note will be apparent when the bike is actually ripped.

Some how didnt seem to be imported bikes. I think the R-15 Fit and finish is better.
I dont mean the Ninjas were bad, but just that when I had seen the R15 in flesh for the first time it was awesome, not the same feeling here.

Last edited by Slick : 9th October 2009 at 10:42. Reason: typo err

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks