Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 10:47   #526
Senior - BHPian

^^ Did ya get any info on bookings made ? Waiting period ? Etc.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:47   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
now where did you read this?
The link is already mentioned in thread. It not the shine but CBF Stunner for 2090 pounds.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:55   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The link is already mentioned in thread. It not the shine but CBF Stunner for 2090 pounds.
2090 £ = 2090 X 74.351 INR (exchange rate for 1 £ today) = 155393.59 INR

And, its the same bike that sells here... IDENTICAL!
Old 9th October 2009, 10:56   #529
BHPian

The guy at Probiking Chandigarh says that the silencer is different for the Indian version. I would hope that they don't play to the Indian market and try to "up" the sound.

Love that muted "whoooosh" sprots bikes make!

By the way, Apologies to all for the infraction yesterday. Did not do it intentionally or to "sneak in", but was foolish enough not to have known that particular rule.

Apologies.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:15   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ Did ya get any info on bookings made ? Waiting period ? Etc.
No did'nt ask for anything as they were very busy setting up the bikes,
If you really want to know I'll go there today and get it.

I dont have 3L for a bike right now so was not interested in knowing the exact pricing and booking time.

I'll get it for you though it's 15 mins from my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Stunner is manufactured here in India, how can you compare.
May be if we import a stunner sent to the UK it will cost so much.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by bblost : 9th October 2009 at 11:26. Reason: back 2 back
Old 9th October 2009, 11:20   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
No did'nt ask for anything as they were very busy setting up the bikes,
If you really want to know I'll go there today and get it.

I dont have 3L for a bike right now so was not interested in knowing the exact pricing and booking time.

I'll get it for you though it's 15 mins from my place.
Hey that s ok @Slick. You don't need to go out of the way. Just curious.
Pass on the number I'll call and ask. Thanks brah!
Old 9th October 2009, 11:26   #532
BHPian

Dont have the number, i'll go and check. Absolutely no probs in doing that.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:03   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Please do write one up for us.

Cheers,

Jay
Alright, here goes - if there are any points I missed, just ask me some questions and I'll do my best to answer.

With the launch of the Ninja 250R in India, I thought some of you might like to know how this bike compares to the larger Ninjas, since I've put plenty of miles on all three bikes. I've read the links to Indian news sites discussing the performance of the 250R and how it may compare to larger Sportbikes, so I thought I would add some from my experience. For reference, I am 186cm tall, my weight is 81kg.

Ergonomics:

250R: The most relaxed riding position of the three, by far. The bars are higher and pushed back. Riding position is fairly upright, like a street bike, but for everyday use, this is very good. Rearsets are not cramped, and this bike fits taller riders very well. It's a very slender bike, which makes it very confidence inspiring. A great bike to learn with on the track, but for racing you would need to relocate the rearsets and add clipons.

ZX-6R: A total track bike. The riding position is dynamite for track use (I've done many track days on this bike). Rearsets are positioned great for racing and track use, but not so good for the street. Riding position is pure race, longer reach, low clip on bars and a very low position. Again, fantastic for racing, but I would not want to take this on long trips. The ZX-6R has the most all-out race ergonomics out of the three bikes. As expected, the bike is wider than the 250R, yet still very comfortable in this regard. Not an ideal bike for daily commuting but if you like to race, you'll love it.

ZX-10R: Very similar to the ZX-6R. Riding position is very slightly less race-like, though still fully track ready in its rearset and clipon position. This bike feels slightly more cramped than the ZX-6R too, for some reason. The width of the 1000cc engine becomes apparent as well. The ZX-10R is more comfortable than the ZX-6R on the street, but much less comfortable than the 250R. Also, the weight of the ZX-10R becomes apparent, especially if you're used to riding lighter bikes like the 250R.

Performance:

250R: This is the easiest bike to ride out of all three here. The power delivery is somewhat relaxed, yet spirited once you get over 8000 rpm. Below 6000 rpm, performance is very sluggish. You'll want to keep the rpm over 6000 on this bike to have the most fun with it. In the realm of sport bikes, the 250R is not considered a fast bike, however it's fast enough to be fun and it will get a novice rider into trouble pretty quickly if they don't know what they're doing. Since it's relatively light, it's a great bike to get started with if you want to ride on the track or twisties. For track use, the 250R needs a larger rear tire, in my opinion, and adjustable front suspension wouldn't hurt either, which it does not have.

Many riders report a large performance increase by going -1 on the front sprocket. Exhaust mods will give slight increases in terms of performance (despite some manufacturer claims), though not too much and in most cases you'll lose low-end torque, trading off for better high-rpm power.

The transmission in the 250R is very good, and it's geared mostly for street use. Shifting is precise and finding neutral is very easy on this gearbox. The 2-3 shift seems to have a bit of harshness to it, though it will not detract from the riding quality or fun of the bike. At highway speeds (115+ kph) the tach will read around 8000 rpm, which is good since you will not have to downshift to pass. I've been able to get a stock Ninja 250 (US-spec) to 177 mph, though it takes a bit of time to get up there. All the fairings on this lightweight bike act like a sail in the wind, so be careful on gusty days, as it will affect this bike on the highway.

Braking performance is quite good, though not up to supersport levels. Still, the 250R will stop better than almost all street bikes. The chassis doesn't get unstable at high speeds or braking. It's a fantastic street bike that's also great on the track. I would take this bike on a long trip without hesitation.

ZX-6R: Super-precise steering is the first impression I get from this bike. This is the best balanced bike of all three - offering (in my opinion) the best syntheses if power, weight, and handling. The current ZX-6R will out-turn and out-stop almost any supersport bike in the world, including the ZX-10R, however, the 10R will outpower it once you're out of a turn.

Power delivery is fair at lower rpm, and midrange performance is good, however once you get past 8500 rpm, hold on because the ZX-6R comes alive. This is where the 599cc engine really shines - it will run all the way up to 15,000 rpm and be happy doing it. The higher you turn this engine, the more power it makes. But the trick is keeping your rpms high.

For street riding, the ZX-6R is not a good choice. I would not commute with this bike, nor would I take it on long trips. For recreational use in the country and twisties, it's the best of all three though. When riding the 6R, you'll be hunched over, legs back, and squeezing that fuel tank - but that's what this bike is all about. The gearbox ratios are extremely close, which means it's a ton of fun to accelerate with - and you need these close ratios to keep the engine it its powerband.

Not too heavy, and not very light, the ZX-6R is, in my opinion, the quintessential supersport race bike.

ZX-10R: Power, power, and more power. This bike will rip your wrists off if you let it. The ZX-10R will easily pull the front wheel off the ground in third gear without even trying.

The 10R is big, and riding this bike reminds you that you better respect that. Out of all three, the 10R will take a turn faster than the 250R, though not as fast as the ZX-6R. For a new rider, the 10R is intimidating, as it sits high and it's heavy, relatively speaking.

Riding position is more comfortable than the ZX-6R, though not as comfortable as the 250R. The 10R is rock solid on the highway though, and almost impervious to wind gusts. I wouldn't mind taking the ZX-10R on a long trip, though this bike isn't really suited for cruising either.

The ZX-10R makes power seemingly everywhere in the rpm range. No need to downshift for passing either - it just has tons of power on reserve. When on the track, you have to be a little careful here, since this bike will not stop quite as quickly as the ZX-6R and you'll feel that weight when heading into a turn - although the brakes on the 10R are fantastic.

This is a bike that you really need to set the suspension up correctly on for each rider. Of course, it's important to do this on the ZX-6R as well, but I got the impression when riding the 10R that its somewhat finicky if you set the suspension too light. It's still tons of fun in turns and as long as you respect the throttle, I don't think most riders will ever outgrow the 10R.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:15   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been able to get a stock Ninja 250 (US-spec) to 177 mph, though it takes a bit of time to get up there.
I think you meant 177kmph (110mph).....

Shan2nu
Old 9th October 2009, 13:12   #535
BHPian

oops, sorry - yes, 177 kph. Thanks for spotting that
Old 9th October 2009, 15:10   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Alright, here goes - if there are any points I missed, just ask me some questions and I'll do my best to answer.

With the launch of the Ninja 250R in India, I thought some of you might like to know how this bike compares to the larger Ninjas, since I've put plenty of miles on all three bikes. I've read the links to Indian news sites discussing the performance of the 250R and how it may compare to larger Sportbikes, so I thought I would add some from my experience. For reference, I am 186cm tall, my weight is 81kg.

Ergonomics:

250R: The most relaxed riding position of the three, by far. The bars are higher and pushed back. Riding position is fairly upright, like a street bike, but for everyday use, this is very good. Rearsets are not cramped, and this bike fits taller riders very well. It's a very slender bike, which makes it very confidence inspiring. A great bike to learn with on the track, but for racing you would need to relocate the rearsets and add clipons.
Thats a fantastic comparison.. thanks a lot for the info Now i need to loot a bank

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2009 at 15:53. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire long post & try to quote selectively, thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 15:33   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Thats a fantastic comparison.. thanks a lot for the info Now i need to loot a bank
Instead of Looting a Bank, you can ask your dear Father-In-Law for a Gift
Old 9th October 2009, 15:49   #538
BANNED

Bajaj site says EX250 carb version so is it going to be another model in economical range?Rode their 500 cc version long back EX500 and it is sure fast enough to scare even after having one 110 Kg guy sitting as pillion rider that time.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:59   #539
BHPian

Indian roads not good for Ninja

This Kawasaki Ninja is a thing of beauty. Looks similar to Karizma ZMR but is a better ride than Karizma ofcourse. The only problem with such bikes in India is the Indian roads. Such jazzy bikes need to be cared for, but bikes become old and rattling very fast becuase of negotiating the potholed filled roads. In that sense Hero Honda bikes are more suited to Indian road conditions.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:00   #540
Senior - BHPian

Lovely comparo Vert1go, it sure helps one realize the potential of the Ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Instead of Looting a Bank, you can ask your dear Father-In-Law for a Gift
lol, the difference is one might escape after a bankjob but ...

Last edited by sammyboy : 9th October 2009 at 18:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks