Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 14:48   #661
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats @Speedfreak. Hoping to see some pics bro! Ride safe.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:11   #662
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Speed freak, do keep us posted on the ownership experience
Old 8th November 2009, 20:14   #663
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Speed Freak. Waiting for the ownership report.

The cars you have listed in your profile offer good performance and reliability. You have got a good taste for automobiles.
Old 10th November 2009, 08:49   #664
BHPian

Thank you Bro's.

As mentioned earlier i had the first real ride on this baby from N Mumbai to Talegaon and back ( 115 kms one way). I will very soon be posting the riding experience as well as some cool pics.

Cheers !!!
Old 10th November 2009, 13:01   #665
BHPian

Another Ninja @T-BHP. Waiting for the pics dude!!! Pls post them soon.

Congrats on the acquisition.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:44   #666
BHPian

First Ride Experience

Hello Fellow Bhpians

The 1st week of acquisition of this beauty is over, and till date it has only clocked 450kms. Sad as i am yet to get my registration number so cant really take her to work in Mumbai. However i had a chance to take her for a nice ride to Talegaon at the Japalouppe Equestrian Centre (stud Farm) and giving my Ninja company were my buddies Kunal and Jitin astride a RE 500 LB.

The ride initially felt very boring as i was off on a long ride on 2 wheels after donkey years, last i did was a ride to Lonavala from Mumbai on my Karizma 5 yrs back. I was instructed by the Probiking engineer to not exceed 4-5k rpm which made riding even more painful and gloomy. The trouble with riding at that rpm was that she was getting heated right upto the redline, i wasnt too comfortable with the engine heating issue hence i started to keep the rpm @ 6k and then almost instantly the temperature come down to normal. The overall distance covered on this ride was over 250kms phew !!

As soon as I touched the NH4 the fun began we have nice open stretches so the bike could breathe easy. At one instance I got stuck in traffic and was frustrated, as soon as i could see the open road ahead i for the 1st time blipped open the throttle in the 2nd gear and behold "this beast can fly really low" it shot forward and to my misfortune a dumb guy with his splendor came from the farm off road and straight out on the highway, I had very little reaction time and i slammed on both the brakes, the baby stopped with smokin tyres. I was already in love with the way the vehicle pulled up and so with the way it stopped, it was very confidence inspiring.

We then started averaging 100 kmph until the ghat section after khopoli, whenever we had a "piss-stop" we had lots of heads turning and also couple of vehicles stopped to enquire on how the vehicle was delivered so soon. After crossing lonavala there was a long straight post Sunny's Dhaba the open road was tempting i couldn't control my adrenaline rush and opened up the beast and within no time I was hovering above the 165kmph mark @ 9k rpm + however i didnt have the courage to rip it further as it was a brand new engine. The beast felt perfectly grounded on the road with minimal vibrations. I also had a small showdown with the new 220, this rider i guess had taken the punchline " The fastest Indian" too seriously ( With due respect to all 220 riders, this ones for that specific rider, i personally like the 220) and he was constantly trying to instigate which he did succeed in and the result was just as expected in the Ninja's rear view mirror.

Overall i feel i can call it " Most Bang for My Buck in India " @ Rs. 3.0 lacs this green fairy delivers almost everything infact much more than what i had expected.

Am posting a few pics of the bike, the ride pics are still in the cam and havent been able to download them, will do that soon. One of the pics shows the bike in the way it is shipped and then the green fairy.

Some questions i have been asked by curious onlookers, thought of sharing them too.

1. Q. Kitna cc hai ? A. 250, Q. Bus 250, oh
2. Q. Firing kaisa hai ? A. i then started the machine, Q. Firing mein dum nahin hai. (people expect a Rs. 1.0 Million exhaust from a 0.3 million machine.
3. Q. Average kitna hai ? A. 20 kmpl. Q. Bus, kya fayda.
4. Most Hilarious from someone who knew i had a Karizma. Q. Accha Modify kiya karizma ko. (here i blew my top) A. Andha hai kya, karizma dikh rahi hai tere ko.

Thats all from me for the moment.

More happy and zippy driving experiences to follow. Drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-img00171200911051536.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom-img00179200911081127.jpg  

Old 13th November 2009, 17:20   #667
BHPian

Nice bike. Congratulations! I know the feeling of having a new bike.
Don't worry these question are quite common and they will come forever.
You won't believe me, i myself had been questioned about my Cbr 600rr that, "is it modified?"!! I was angry i just pulled the accelerator cable the sound gave the answer to him.
But serioulsy, don't get too frustrated by the comments, they won't stop. So keep it calm always.
Ride safe. And take care.

Last edited by Dante : 13th November 2009 at 17:24.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:21   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Nice bike. Congratulations! I know the feeling of having a new bike.
Don't worry these question are quite common and they will come forever.
You won't believe me, i myself had been question about my Cbr 600rr that, "is it modified?"!! I was angry i just pulled the accelerator cable the sound gave the answer to him.
But serioulsy, don't get too frustrated by the comments, they won't stop. So keep it calm always.
Ride safe. And take care.
Thanks Dante for your suggestions Bro.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:04   #669
BHPian

Hi Guys,
The bike looks super.
Heres a brief of my visit to Khivraj, Bangalore
ME - Walks to the showroom(which is near office) and asks if there is a Ninja available on diplay?
SALES PERSON - "No, it will take a long time to come"
ME - Exits, a little depressed and more than a little pissed.
PLEASE, PLEASE COMPETITION WAKE UP AND TEACH THESE GUYS A LESSON.
Unless of course BAL has an "informal" agreement with the others (wouldnt put it past them seeing their past history).
Seriously, if this is the largest selling sports bike in the world, how come NONE of the other manufacturers has an offering in the category.
Sadly, I join the ranks of the many dissappointed bikers still waiting........ and waiting......... and waiting.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:31   #670
BHPian

What is the current waiting period for the Ninja 250? I had been to the Gurgaon Pro biking showroom and they tell me 4.5 months after I make a deposit of 40k. Is that true with all dealers
Old 14th November 2009, 00:18   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
What is the current waiting period for the Ninja 250? I had been to the Gurgaon Pro biking showroom and they tell me 4.5 months after I make a deposit of 40k. Is that true with all dealers

Thats crazy. I dont think we will see much of them atleast until March'10 this way.

By then hope other opportunist bike maufacturers like the Hondas & Yams make the best of it.
Old 14th November 2009, 05:45   #672
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend is picking up his green Ninja next week. I've got a Two Brothers exhaust for him. Its going to be one wicked sounding Ninja .
Old 14th November 2009, 07:59   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hello Fellow Bhpians

The 1st week of acquisition of this beauty is over
Congrats Bro, dont' worry, it'll take time for the Janta to accept the Ninja.
The covered photo is a beast waiting to be unleashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
You won't believe me, i myself had been questioned about my Cbr 600rr that, "is it modified?"!! I was angry i just pulled the accelerator cable the sound gave the answer to him.
You did not mention the expression on his face post slapping the roar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
Unless of course BAL has an "informal" agreement with the others (wouldnt put it past them seeing their past history).
This happens in the 4 wheeler manufacturing circles(TATA FIAT), now it is catching up in other circles as well, good good.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:03   #674
Senior - BHPian

@Speedfreak

I know its not my place to say this, but I would advise caution against those speeds on Indian highways. They aren't fit for those speeds on a 4 wheeler let alone a two wheeler.

Also, break it in first!
Old 14th November 2009, 08:39   #675
BHPian

TITLE : NINJA A BANG FOR A BUCK.

It has been a while I have posted, My bike done just 300 odd kms, and its very hard to drive in traffic under 4000 rpms. As there is slight difference in rpms under 4k.

I have seen a considerable difference when you are revv from 4-5k. Guys who bought ninja, dont punish your self get to 5k its lot better, atleast you wont change gears every 4 secs.

No problems yet known, yes i was warned abt the heating when I took delivery, may be a reason why they have opted for temp meter rather than fuel in speedo. As said before the bike is designed to be very light weight, it simply doesnt show its weight.

Been to RTA, done the registration work with couple of ninja owners, black seems like puking (sorry if I offended any buys in black) but suprisingly people booked more blacks in HYD;hope bajaj launches red and blue.

Im just waiting for the remaing run in time to get over, before i do some thing on the bike. Speed freak ,its wise decision to go on trips atleast you covered 500kms in one shot, me

In addition to above discusiion, I got a yoshimura carbon fiber slipon, cost me 30k, will put once 1200km mark is done.

Last edited by west : 14th November 2009 at 08:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks