Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 19:35   #31
BHPian

spray WD-40 in the chasis breather holes, chasis openings (for yamaha RX below the seats) etc..also spray in the switches once a week. use grease behind headlight stays on all nut & bolts, chasis openings . paint thick oil on chrome. once rains are over remove mudguards clean and paint.smae with inside of wheel rim.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:33   #32
BHPian

How exactly do you use it??? Just spray it on the frame, switches, nuts and bolts every week???? Please explain guys!!!
Old 6th June 2010, 15:31   #33
BHPian

after claening / washing you can use. Do'nt spray on painted surface.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:52   #34
BHPian

@georgev
I dont think WD40 spoils the paint surfaces, its completely harmless to finishes , just makes things a bit slippery or does it harm ?

@Leepower
Try to search for WD40 at the stores that sell pipes,valves, etc in short the hardware stores, If you can't find it in time you can use its poorer cousin the Zorrik 88 by pidilite for the meanwhile

@rk_sans
One piece of advice , don't overdo the WD40 on any surface and don't use it on chains, WD40 attracts a lot of dust. Proper spread and volume is must in achieving the desired protection.
You can also use WD40 as a good lubricant for a lot of things
A little off topic, WD40 works great with creaky door hinges

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2010 at 14:14. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please. READ OUR RULES
rahulsingh007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 18:33   #35
BHPian

Thanks rahul and georgev, will check it out at a hardware store. Guys, do you know about any anti-corrosion spray like ATF 50 which is available in India?
Old 9th June 2010, 09:57   #36
BHPian

I have seen something like a anti corrosion spray at my local hardware store , dont remember the name , If you search it you will definitely find one , I have heard about some 3M 4way antirust and lubricant spray elsewhere in this forum !
Old 9th June 2010, 17:31   #37
BHPian

Here's what my uncle, who is in his 60s and owns a 1966 Bull, said: "Apply grease on the bike.. chassis, spokes, handle... everwhere. Then cover it up and park it in a garage till the rains go." The man stays in Kochi and has been doing this for decades. And his bike still looks brand new!!!
Old 9th October 2010, 12:54   #38
BHPian

Well I use the simple process.

Get your bike in a washing station.
Let them wash.
Dry the bike
Mix 100ml of 2T oil in 500ml of diesel
Spray this mixture throughout on bike using spray gun
Let it dry completely

This would work as wax coat and prevent dust accumulation.
Old 3rd June 2011, 02:24   #39
BHPian

Re: Motorbikes - Tips to prevent rust in Monsoon

Okay, premonsoon showers are pounding Pune, Mumbai. I did try WD 40 last year, even applied it on painted surface. It didn't cause any damage. But the stuff is quiet expensive. This year I want to experiment around with diesel and 2T oil??? Is it as effective as WD 40???
Old 29th July 2011, 01:29   #40
BHPian

Re: WD 40 = Performance Increase?

Sorry to have bumped this thread, My CBZ is undergoing restoration and there are a lot of bolts that are jammed due to rust.. I need to procure WD 40 as zorrik 88 is not helping.
Where can I get it in Delhi? Help will be very much appreciated.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:33   #41
BHPian

Whether you are an avid biker or keeping your bike safe under parking this is something inexpensive and result oriented procedure that I do with my Rd350;

Get the bike pressure washed.
Let it dry.
mix half litre engine oil with half litre diesel.
Either use spraygun or cloth to apply this solution to each and every curve and corners of your bike.
Let this dry.

Voila! you have your ride ready even to take those muddy patches.

You just need to wide mud off ones home. No need to use those antirust or the chocolate brown paint.

Oil did not let the dirt stick and diesel works as anti corrossive/anit rust treatment.
Old 29th July 2011, 14:32   #42
Team-BHP Support

Re: WD 40 = Performance Increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Sorry to have bumped this thread, My CBZ is undergoing restoration and there are a lot of bolts that are jammed due to rust.. I need to procure WD 40 as zorrik 88 is not helping.
Where can I get it in Delhi? Help will be very much appreciated.
You can get it at any hardware store, heck even general stores now. Drop me a pm if you can't find it and I will courier you a can.
Old 29th July 2011, 21:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Freinds, sometime in seventies I read somewhere ,to prevent rusting to your chrome parts never apply that shitty yellow or brown anti rust solution on bumpers,grilles,wiperarms (those days wiper arms were chromeplated).Instead apply waxpol wax polish on the cleaned surface and let it dry,but never rub it ,just leave it like that and you will get a wax coating after the wax dries out and you will get a clear looks of chrome parts. as wel as protection against rust .Regards... I am not sure the gurus agree with me?
Old 6th July 2012, 15:30   #44
BHPian

Bumping an old thread. I have a 5 year old CBZ extreme and a few parts have started rusting and I need to do something about it. Can I use a sandpaper and buff it and then apply WD 40 or is there a spray available or any reliable mechanic who can do it in Hyderabad ?
Old 6th July 2012, 18:40   #45
BHPian

I found a huge bubble bag used for packing some stuff. Covered it on my Pulsar, taped it into shape and held it down with a couple of rocks. Being 1-peice, its 100% waterproof. And no kids around so no one is popping the bubbles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks