Team-BHP - Honda (bikes) is here.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Honda (bikes) is here. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/2950-honda-bikes-here.html)

Its here...Finally!

They made us wait for a long time, but now, the original, the one - Honda - is here to take the market by storm with their new range of bikes.

There was a discreet ad in today's papers. Showing just the top half of the tank with the famous Honda winged logo and *the words " Wanna fly". A list of dealers and their numbers was listed at the bottom.

Sure the first bike from Honda is going to be, in typical Honda style, a product aimed at the largest segment of the bike market - the 125cc class. This is their trademark. They develop a great product, nothing fancy, and leap right into the hottest segment of the market!

Every other bike company in India must be shaking. They know what Honda is capable off. They know what a following Honda has in India and they know that just the name itself is enough to sell hordes of bikes. Going by the way they invaded the scooter market, I'm sure their first bike will be a stunner.

As per magazine reports, it will have India's first ever monoshock! That alone is enough to get me excited. Why? Because all it takes is one manufacture to introduce something into the market before the others follow. Hero Honda did that with the disc brake on the CBZ. Now every bike on the market comes with a front disc as either OE or an option. Going by this trend, it won't be long before the others start introducing monoshocks.

Also, Honda have hinted at importing CBU's into the market. The next bike will be a higher capacity one - maybe a 250cc twin.

Yup, I'm excited...not by Honda's first bike, but by the possibilities emerging because of their first bike.

Rtech

Hey rtech,
I just saw the ad in the paper and was about to post it here, but you beat me to it dude. I am very excited about Honda launching its first motorcycle in India, cos this will start a new revolution in terms of performance, style and design. Only question is, what kinda engine capacity will this 1st bike have, cos from the spy pics that were shown by a couple of mags a few months back, they earlier said it might be a Hero Honda 125, but then clarified that by saying it was a 150cc Honda with a rear monoshock. Dont you think some of the scultping on the tank reminds you a little of the new range of Honda CB models abroad??

I guess we will just have to wait and watch on what kinda power figures this bike will have, but one this is for sure, Honda is gonna take the motorcycle market by storm.

Very well put, Guys. Honda is a slow giant...it watches, analyses...takes its own time. But when it decides to attack, all hell breaks loose. (Ditto for Toyota)

But what about Hero and Honda? Will they still have bikes called the Hero Honda? Do they have the licence to sell the 100cc Honda engine (CD100 etc.) for another couple of decades?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]But what about Hero and Honda? Will they still have bikes called the Hero Honda? Do they have the licence to sell the 100cc Honda engine (CD100 etc.) for another couple of decades?

You answered your own question GTO! HH and Honda only recently signed an MOU allowing HH to continue producing their Honda sourced bikes for a long time to come (don't remember the exact number of years though).

Doesn't that just show Honda's confidence in their own products and position in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Dont you think some of the scultping on the tank reminds you a little of the new range of Honda CB models abroad??

Yup, it sure does. Looks like a smaller version of their CB400 superfour actually.

Rtech

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Also, Honda have hinted at importing CBU's into the market. The next bike will be a higher capacity one - maybe a 250cc twin.

Hey Rtech, i have'nt heard of honda getting CBUs yet. But i hope your info is correct. *They should atleast get limited editions of their superbikes to India.
Its like when Kinetic can bring in Hyosung Aquila and now the Comet 250 then why can't Honda the CBRs and other great models. *

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dan400 @ Aug. 05 2004,14:25)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Hey Rtech, i have'nt heard of honda getting CBUs yet. But i hope your info is correct. *They should atleast get limited editions of their superbikes to India.
Its like when Kinetic can bring in Hyosung Aquila and now the Comet 250 then why can't Honda the CBRs and other great models. *

Yea Dan. I read that in a magazine interview with the Honda CEO (can't remember whch mag!).

They said that they are looking into importing 400cc bikes "in the near future". Which shold be read as atleast 2 years! I guess they would need time to first launch their new bike and get things settled.

BTW, the delay in the Comet hitting he market is ridiculous and just shows how utterly stupid our laws our. The bike is currently undergoing homologation and the delay is because they dont know how to test tubeless tyres on a bike! I mean...from all the reasons! Dammit, why should these buffoons be testing these anyways?? Because of this, the Aquilia was launched with MRF Tubed tyres, which not only ruined the handling and looks, but is downright dangerous. Those tyres were made for 150cc economisers, not a 250cc Vtwin!

I'm telling ya...the ARAI is out to kill us all!!

Rtech

Hey guys,
If im not wrong - Hero and Honda have signed the deal for a period of 8 or 10 more years.

Its gonna be great when Honda lanches its limited edition sports bikes, all the mess with some of these sports bikes importers will be done with, and the machines will come with factory backed warranty and service. Im sure if positioned in the right price bracket, the cbu's will sell like hot cakes. Considering its a period of 2 years atleast till they launch the bikes, i should rather start thinking about saving up some cash :P

Its really sad to see the ARAI even having to test such superb bikes for homologation. I dont understand the need to homologate any of the cars or bikes made abroad, cos when produced, im sure they are made using the best quality products and are made to be used universally. All the ARAI is out to do is :
1) kill us - as rtech said
2) rip us off - by charging the companies exhorbitant rates for homologation which in turn pushes up the cost of the bikes.

I also dont understand our duty structure at all, our government should look at the amount of revenue they will earn, if the duties on imports are cut to 50% from the existing 110-120%. I know it sounds unlikely, but im sure with such a drastic cut in import duties, people would love to import their machines, pay all the duties officially, and more the number of machines imported, more revenue generated for the government. the goverrnment should look at more volumes to get more revenue, cos the drop in revenue b the cuts in duties will get evened out by more and more imports. Also, the drop in official duty i think will finally put rest to all the crap happening with wrong evaluation of cars and bikes when they are imported which will stop all under the table transactions. I understand our government has kept such high customs duties to let foreign companies setup base here and produce the machines which will earn the country a lot of foreign investment, but the customs policy on the amount of duty charged is exhorbitant to say the least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

I also dont understand our duty structure at all, our government should look at the amount of revenue they will earn, if the duties on imports are cut to 50% from the existing 110-120%. I know it sounds unlikely, but im sure with such a drastic cut in import duties, people would love to import their machines, pay all the duties officially, and more the number of machines imported, more revenue generated for the government. the goverrnment should look at more volumes to get more revenue, cos the drop in revenue b the cuts in duties will get evened out by more and more imports. Also, the drop in official duty i think will finally put rest to all the crap happening with wrong evaluation of cars and bikes when they are imported which will stop all under the table transactions. I understand our government has kept such high customs duties to let foreign companies setup base here and produce the machines which will earn the country a lot of foreign investment, but the customs policy on the amount of duty charged is exhorbitant to say the least.

Customs duty is just one method of an "entry barrier". Entry barriers are more to protect the local industries, and less of a reason to generate revenue. The duty was fixed at 100.5%, but post - budget I remember reading that its gone up to 103%.

The only reason ARAI does not accept foreign certifications (say a Honda that has been cleared by Japanese authorities) is their massive E-G-O. Foreign countries dont accept ARAI certification, and in turn...ARAI rejects theirs.

These fools dont even have a test track where the top speeds of modern cars can be tested.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 05 2004,14:41)]
I'm telling ya...the ARAI is out to kill us all!!
Rtech

TOTALLY AGREE

hi
I also saw this add and im also very happy to see that Honda's bikes are here in India.I hope they will soon launch 150-250cc range bikes.:)

hey guys, the honda bike's name is unicorn
it's a 150 cc 13.3bhp monocque suspension bike

source: www.xbhp.com

Hey when will it be launched? Iam waiting for the bike to compete against the pulsar which is ruling the 150cc segment. exciting:p

This bike , with 13.3 bhp maynot be a road burner (in a straight line), but imagine the kind of handling this bike would be capable of. The 250cc when released, i'm sure will leave the Comet way behind.

So when does this Honda deparment plan to give India it's first Vtec bike?? Would love to have that parked next to my City Vtec.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Source : Economic Times
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...how/808842.cms

the Honda unicorn returns 60 Kmpl under test conditions
so onroad in city we can expect 35 to 40 kmpl
whereas the 150 dtsi returns 85 under test conditions, in city it does give 45 to 50 kmpl
if this is the efficiency that Unicorn will deliver , I doubt it will work in the Indian market, as majority of the buyers want power with fuel economy, thats the reason people today prefer the Pulsar against the CBZ
It may be a good bike , but it will not appeal to the masses, if the FE is low

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] we can expect 35 to 40 kmpl

hey, the pulsar 180 with 15bhp has better efficiency.