Old 6th December 2008, 22:06   #76
BHPian

sreeram, eagerly waiting for the final bike pics
Old 6th December 2008, 22:17   #77
BHPian

boss u really need to throw away the present exhaust cas :

1) it looks like cr@p

2) would be doing more damage than good

you NEED two exhaust for a twin exhaust port. even if u consider the 250 as a single cylinder 2 stroke , u belly section of the exhaust has to accomodate the exhaust gases of a 250cc engine and provide nessecary back pressure and release . right now your belly section is that of a 100cc bike !!

even stock yezdi exhausts sound great and have a nice beat . please go for TWO expansion chambers or two stock silencers or even a two into one expansion like those used for RD350s in Bombay and Pune are better than this. please reconsider you exhaust .
Old 8th October 2011, 11:18   #78
BHPian

Re: Heres My Modified Yezdi

Hello

Not Really an Update but Just to give this thread a new Lease of Life. Here are some Pics of my Yezdi. Never Really got to the Task of doing more on the Bike after 2008 except the Change of Exhausts and many Hours of Fun Riding on the bike. I have Taken the Bike with the Jawa Yezdi Club of Pune Rides and meets many a times and also for the Teambhp Pune Meet once. I do have a few nice ideas for the bike eg. a beautiful air intake. Make the wiring Disappear. and a little detailing. Lets see when i get time to do it. For now the Pics.

Old 9th October 2011, 01:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Hello

Not Really an Update but Just to give this thread a new Lease of Life. Here are some Pics of my Yezdi.
Seems like you missed the pics, please re-post.
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:44   #80
BHPian

Hello

Not Really an Update but Just to give this thread a new Lease of Life. Here are some Pics of my Yezdi. Never Really got to the Task of doing more on the Bike after 2008 except the Change of Exhausts and many Hours of Fun Riding on the bike. I have Taken the Bike with the Jawa Yezdi Club of Pune Rides and meets many a times and also for the Teambhp Pune Meet once. I do have a few nice ideas for the bike eg. a beautiful air intake. Make the wiring Disappear. and a little detailing. Lets see when i get time to do it. For now the Pics.

Here are the Pics Reattached

Heres My Modified Yezdi-dscn49171.jpg

Heres My Modified Yezdi-dscn49181.jpg

Heres My Modified Yezdi-dscn49201.jpg

Heres My Modified Yezdi-dscn49211.jpg

Heres My Modified Yezdi-dscn49231.jpg

Last edited by Shreeram : 2nd November 2011 at 23:48.
Shreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 11:50   #81
BHPian

Shreeram,
Nice work on the mono-shock! How does she handle at highway speeds? Did you alter the rake of the front end?
Just saw the recent pics. Havent yet gone through the whole thread, so I might be missing something. In the 3rd pic you posted, it looks like the exhaust end-cans are of different lengths and dia.

Cheers
Rahul
Old 4th November 2011, 18:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Shreeram,
Nice work on the mono-shock! How does she handle at highway speeds? Did you alter the rake of the front end?
Just saw the recent pics. Havent yet gone through the whole thread, so I might be missing something. In the 3rd pic you posted, it looks like the exhaust end-cans are of different lengths and dia.

Cheers
Rahul
Thanks ..

The Bike does decent speeds on the highway and handles good too. I sometimes ride it on hand on the lap and one on the bar a.k.a Bobber style with very little effort.

Yes the Rake is increased than the original to give it a low stance and longer look and feel.

No the Pic is playing games - length and diameter of both cans is same.
Old 6th November 2011, 23:57   #83

This is one of the neatest bobber/racer design I have seen on a yezdi. Beautiful work , almost like the new school designs of the 80's.

I dont really know much about the yezdi's does she ask for too much from you in terms of time and money ? or is it now a reliable machine after your build ?

All in all a very thoughtfully executed design. All the best for your ride.
Old 7th November 2011, 13:40   #84
BHPian

Thanks. No it is a nice relaible machine. I have taken it to rides of more than a 100 kms at a strech without any problems. The Only thing to make it more reliable is to upgrade its Ignition System to an electronic one, currently its on points.
Old 9th November 2011, 03:09   #85

Yes the CDI will definitely improve things for your ride, atleast in terms of reliability.
I am really curious about the exhaust though , how adverse are they to engine life ? (I am talking about your twin short ones you have currently) Did you go for upjetting with these new exhausts or they are just plug and play.

Will the RE classic upswept exhaust be a fit onto the yezdi classic with minor mods ?

Do keep the thread updated with your progress with cable management and other stuff, maybe post a few videos too would love to see it in action.
Old 9th November 2011, 15:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

Nice job shreeram, Nice little air filter too, where did you procure it from ?
Old 9th November 2011, 20:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1vine View Post
Yes the CDI will definitely improve things for your ride, atleast in terms of reliability.
I am really curious about the exhaust though , how adverse are they to engine life ? (I am talking about your twin short ones you have currently) Did you go for upjetting with these new exhausts or they are just plug and play.

Will the RE classic upswept exhaust be a fit onto the yezdi classic with minor mods ?

Do keep the thread updated with your progress with cable management and other stuff, maybe post a few videos too would love to see it in action.
I dont know if they have affected the Engine Life as the Useage of the bike is less and has not given any problems in the past 5 years. I have not modified the Carb or upjeted.

I am not sure about the RE exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Nice job shreeram, Nice little air filter too, where did you procure it from ?
I have two types of the Airfilters. One is a K&N from a friend and other is a Local Replica aquired from the Local Auto Market.
Shreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 23:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

Whether your project is complete or not, as it is it rocks. How about lifted handle bars, right now they seem too low like race bikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks