Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2006, 11:10   #31
BANNED

think stock is fine enough for a bike which moves less than 30k a month....
Old 4th June 2006, 11:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

jk saw ur bullet in ur profile. want just similar. can u tell me what kharcha for mods u suggested?
Old 4th June 2006, 11:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Lots of chrome, keep the OE silencer, but make it sound awesome. A good handle and front discs make it an eyecatcher.
Old 4th June 2006, 11:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

got the silencers for 4.5k so. Got it frm Chennai. Both works. I couldnt check the top speed after that mod was carried out. And people think its a 500cc
Old 5th June 2006, 09:41   #35
Team-BHP Support

Maybe a cost effective upgrade that will give you a modded look and feel would be a different seat, and maybe some riser handle bars etc ?

cya
R
Old 16th February 2007, 20:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Performance mods for bullet !!!

Hi, can somebody suggest me some performance mods for my Bullet machismo 1999 model?? like filters, exhausts etc. Basically, I dont want to compromise on FE, rather expect it to be better.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

hello ! you want filter and then performance? emm and FE ???

emm IDEA! loss some weight off the bike. go for skinny tyres.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
hello ! you want filter and then performance? emm and FE ???

emm IDEA! loss some weight off the bike. go for skinny tyres.
JK,In one of your silly moods..eh? Plane keri pokan nokku magaa...

99model Machismo.. is it a AVL or a CI?
Dude, get a better pod filter like a K&N/UNI/HP, the original filter is pretty restrictive. Then if it has the looong muffler replace it with a short one, the ones old bullets came with, or even better go for a goldstar silencer. But never ever fit a rocket silencer. If there's a cat con in the header pipe remove it. Upjet the carburator.

If you want FE as well do all of the above plus what JK said LOL Plus put CT100 crank,piston,bore in the bullet...
Old 17th February 2007, 14:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Dude, get a better pod filter like a K&N/UNI/HP, the original filter is pretty restrictive. Then if it has the looong muffler replace it with a short one, the ones old bullets came with, or even better go for a goldstar silencer. But never ever fit a rocket silencer. If there's a cat con in the header pipe remove it. Upjet the carburator.
I'm not sure how much a filter would cost, but will it hamper FE in any way?

my machismo has the same engine as Std 350, no changes except the chrome. As for silencer, replacing one with std one was the first thing that i did....thump u see!!

Now what is upjet the caburretor?
Old 17th February 2007, 14:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

A K&N (model RC1060) would cost around 1500, a UNI would be a bit cheaper than that and the HP is the cheapest at 700. All three are imported, the HP doesn't have the cotton sandwich like the K&N but the filter size is almost same as the RC1060. The filtration of the HP would be bad (in turn wear out the engine faster) coz it doesn't have the cotton sandwich.

Fitting a filter shouldn't hamper the fuel efficiency, but you should upjet (meaning-putting a larger mainjet) and that could lower the fuel efficiency but only marginally. But FE depends a lot on the riding.

Your Machismo (if it has the Mikarb carburator) should be having 90 size mains, after the filter you should go for 95/97. You/your mech should decide on how bigger mains to use, the plug color should be light to medium brown after some good full throttle ride. It shouldn't be white (which indicates lean mixture) or black (rich mixture).
Old 17th February 2007, 16:30   #41
BHPian

You can try giving it the 'boric' treatment. Put some boric powder (can get it from any grocery/hardware shop) in the engine oil. Make it 2-5% by weight (5gms, or 1 tsp per 100 ml of engine oil).

It isn't a direct performance enhancer, but it'll definitely reduce the friction and improve the FE and smoothness. If you are afraid, try 2% first, and you can always undo it by changing the engine oil. For more info, search this website with "boric powder oil" keyword.

Still want more? Try mixing some acetone in petrol/diesel.
Old 7th April 2007, 01:02   #42
BHPian

Once upon a time i used t be die hard fan of bullet. Then my friend told me that his friend got a carb from japan which increased the power as well as mileage( 48kms). He was also telling about new spark plugs.
Old 7th April 2007, 01:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Once upon a time i used t be die hard fan of bullet. Then my friend told me that his friend got a carb from japan which increased the power as well as mileage( 48kms). He was also telling about new spark plugs.
teh card name pls. and can you source it for me?

increased power and mileage? emm

and thers no once upon a time bullet fan

either you are still or your never was
Old 7th April 2007, 01:22   #44
BHPian

Yes you are right, it is like a volcano. can errupt at any time.
I have lost touch with that friend but i will try . another friend of mine has some info on it.
Old 10th April 2007, 17:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Dude, ignore my ignorance but I thin the AVL got introduced in later half of 2000- beginning of 2001. I bought my A350 in March 2001 and it was one of the first ones being solf by a BIG dealer in Delhi.

I may be wrong though. Thoughts?

Also, I am sure you are aware that the AVL engine is noisier vis-avis a normal one. Its been 6 yrs and 15,000 kms. Suggesitons to improve the sound. I have the short silencer (stock) - I think the long one came with the regular Machismo (non AVL) at that time and later got stretched further on the new model.

Will really appreciate any inputs/suggestions!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks