Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 16:24   #46
RDX

go for mikuni carbs... does wonders on ur performance.... i think it would be more than enough to start with
Old 15th April 2007, 16:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Once upon a time i used t be die hard fan of bullet. Then my friend told me that his friend got a carb from japan which increased the power as well as mileage( 48kms). He was also telling about new spark plugs.
It sounds contradictory.

Unless the carb radically improves the burning efficieny and does some magic on the transmission losses, you cannot get more power and more fuel efficiency simulataneously.
Old 16th April 2007, 01:54   #48
BHPian

It was done by a mechanic in nagercoil , his name i think is chokalingam.
Old 16th April 2007, 02:29   #49
BHPian

first of all, free flow exhaust (simple remove rear part of exhaust). 2nd enrich fuel/air mixture otherwise chances are that you might end up with cease engine or blown gasket (my brother did that). no matter what you do FE will go down. otherwise changes won't be noticeable.
Old 12th June 2007, 21:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Performance mods for bullet !!!

Dear all,

I have a 1984 std 350 bull. Want to know what are the performance mods possilble on my bike.

Cheers.
Old 13th September 2007, 00:10   #51
BHPian

Performance mods for the bullet..

Hi, you can start your mods from the airfilter coz the airfilter that comes with your bike seriously is a bad joke. You will have to fix a K&N conical filter. Then change your clutch plates to the bullet 500 ones. That should help you a lot. I tried the same on my Electra 2005 and it works just fine, there is a lot of difference.
Old 13th September 2007, 12:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Hi, you can start your mods from the airfilter coz the airfilter that comes with your bike seriously is a bad joke. You will have to fix a K&N conical filter. Then change your clutch plates to the bullet 500 ones. That should help you a lot. I tried the same on my Electra 2005 and it works just fine, there is a lot of difference.
Can u please tell the part number of the K&N filter that u used in ur bull

also,how much performance increase u have noticed after these mods

pics and prices will be very much appreciated

Thanks
Old 13th September 2007, 19:01   #53

be carefull with the K&N!

i had asked about this to the K&N dealer here. he said if you put a conical (free-flow performance) air filter on the stock engine, it would suck in more cold air than the engine requires. it will be fine in low throttle but once you start rippin there will be problems. i suggest you either go for a simple stock replacement K&N that comes for the machismo. Or go the whole way... get the performance conical K&N air filter, get faree flow exhaust (thats like just a pipe), fix bigger jets... it will take off i tell you. maybe you could get a suicide shift to go with the extreme modifications, then it will be ek dhum kick ***.

cheers!
Old 21st September 2007, 14:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkshv View Post
i had asked about this to the K&N dealer here. he said if you put a conical (free-flow performance) air filter on the stock engine, it would suck in more cold air than the engine requires. it will be fine in low throttle but once you start rippin there will be problems. i suggest you either go for a simple stock replacement K&N that comes for the machismo. Or go the whole way... get the performance conical K&N air filter, get faree flow exhaust (thats like just a pipe), fix bigger jets... it will take off i tell you. maybe you could get a suicide shift to go with the extreme modifications, then it will be ek dhum kick ***.

cheers!

This is so funny
"Sucking more air than needed", hahahaha
extreme modification = a filter, jets and a "just a pipe" like exhaust..

ROTFLMAO..
Old 21st September 2007, 18:34   #55
BHPian

Modify a bullet !!!!!!
The list is endless
Simple ones
1. K&N Air filter
2. 500 cc 4 plate clutch
3. Change the main jet
4. Fit a glass wool filled silencer
Complex
1. Change the front sproket (15 tooth if you want to rip from stop and 17 if you want the power at the top gear)
2. Change the existing bushes in the engine with gun metal ones
3. Change the bearing to needle type bearings rather than ball bearing (I had SKF imported ones)
4. Polish the head so that the head sits without a head gasket
5. For extra lubrication use a oil pump from a 500 cc or a 535 cc

Want more ?????

Happy modding
Old 21st September 2007, 22:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt
2. 500 cc 4 plate clutch
What exactly are the benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt
Could you stress more on this?! Two people have already told me something related to this. Told me that the "valves would fry". I've fitted an upswept Goldstar silencer on my Bullet, and have upsized the main jet. My mechanic tells me that nothing will go wrong since I've upsized the main jet.
Old 22nd September 2007, 01:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
Modify a bullet !!!!!!
The list is endless
Simple ones
1. K&N Air filter
2. 500 cc 4 plate clutch
3. Change the main jet
Complex
1. Change the front sproket (15 tooth if you want to rip from stop and 17 if you want the power at the top gear)
2. Change the existing bushes in the engine with gun metal ones
3. Change the bearing to needle type bearings rather than ball bearing (I had SKF imported ones)
5. For extra lubrication use a oil pump from a 500 cc or a 535 cc

Want more ?????

Happy modding
Hey that was very usefull.
Old 22nd September 2007, 04:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
WHAT?!

narenanatwentytwenty
Old 22nd September 2007, 15:02   #59

Skimming and polishing your head and trying to run without a gasket is a bad idea, leaks will happen.

To increase compression the ideal way is to mill the head as well as the top lip of the cylinder sleeve. Don't go too far unless you intend to use some really high octane fuel. The bike also becomes a lot less forgiving to bad fuel.

In addition to the above mods best bang for your buck can be had by porting, correcting and polishing the inlet and exhaust ports and reshaping the swirl chamber slightly.

Be sure to get this done by a professional tuner and at a good machine shop
Old 5th January 2009, 21:26   #60

Mods

Hi guys, my 2 pence worth. Performance mods are indirectly proportional to efficiency. Now the stories you hear about someone changing an airfilter and getting more milleage as well as better performance, well when you do change an air filter or fit a free flow exhaust you bike will run lean and hence screw up your engine. So if you have to do something start with the short muffler, then upsize jets (both pilot and main) and change the airfilter. If you can then change the carb but putting a bigger carb means one has to increase the size of the inlet port, while doing all this dont forget to add a high output oil pump, change to better pushrods and valve springs.

Most Viewed