Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2004, 19:59   #16

I think u must go in for CBZ as Pulsar some problems with its gear box.
Old 26th October 2004, 20:01   #17

CBZ has a better build quality. I would suggest go for any HH product but not Bajaj. I owned a P180 March 2002 to June 2003 and had bad experiences with dealers here in Delhi.

YOu would be surprised to know, they even replace parts and ask you to sign on warranty vouchers and charge you for the same parts you signed for.

HH on other hand is good.
Old 4th November 2004, 18:14   #18
BHPian

I would go for the Pulsar. Somehow dont like the CBZ engine.. not very refined.. If you are thinking about hte CBZ might as well consider the Karizma too.. good bike.. great performance and with the lowered price its a great buy.
Old 5th November 2004, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

I wud go in for the cbz, there are quality issues regarding bajaj after sales service.

HH has the best quality i've seen in Indian bikes. I can vouch for that - I have a karizma and im really happy with the service of HH and its quality.

Do take a look at the karizma if u can stretch ur budget a bit....its a great bike in comparision to the cbz.

Drifter
Old 7th November 2004, 13:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Karizma or the P180 or the unicorn (waiting is long , plus the bike does not have Self-start)

If news floating are to be believed , then Bajaj is coming out with a new pulsar by Jan 2005. If u can wait , great.

Dont even think of CBZ ,the parts are damm expensive and the bike is a depreciation disaster. and the bike is outdated.
Go for something fresh.
Old 31st December 2004, 17:08   #21
BHPian

I have a CBZ, was facing a similar dilemma. having owned one for about an year now, I can say its a nice bike. Good handling, and can have a good race with Santros and Zens on the NHs. more comfortable than Pulsar, and the paint job is also better. Gears are better and handling is definitely better. I have tried my friend's 180, and I feel small things are paid better attention in the CBZ.

Plus the looks are spot on. The new sticker job sucks though. Better looking than the competition anyday. riding posture also is quite good.

Engine is not v. refined tho. good acceleration and all, but makes noises at 5000 rpm.

Simran
Old 3rd January 2005, 12:22   #22
BHPian

Well, Here is my experience on Pulsar. Though the bike has superb handling and power [did an average of 90kmph on a rainy night in pitch dark winding highway on Bangalore-Pondi route], the seats were very bad for my back on long drive. I did around 600km in two days and came back by bus due to bad back from tirupati. I could'nt sit properly even as pillion for long time. Dont know about HH but the pulsar seat ergonomics really sucks.
Old 3rd January 2005, 14:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Abhijit ,

why not extend ur budget a bit and go for the Karisma ?? it has undergone a price revision i think ---

but yeah always fo;;ow ur heart and if u feel CBZ go for it !!

cheers
Old 3rd January 2005, 14:42   #24
BHPian

CBZ that ways is better. I have done a couple of 200-300 km long drives on NHs usually with a pillion which were combined with long treks. This done on one day. The only problem we faced were sore butts, but the backs were good and we could go out for a late night movie also afterwards.
-simran
Old 3rd January 2005, 17:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

If you are talking long distance cruising..... i would suggest the Karizma.... it is a much more strainfree engine when compared to the Pulsar DTSi. And not sure about the comfort level..... but, it should be ideal for long distance cruising. And besides that, the quality is much better than a Bajaj...... even in terms of After Sales Sevice.

And yeah N_C, the prices are dropped to around 70K ex-showroom.
Old 3rd January 2005, 18:28   #26
BHPian

I feel the pulsar seats are quite narrow and for long rides, i really dont think it would be all that comfortable.. So for greater comfort - go for CBZ... Well if you have some excess cash, then like shravan said, go for the zma...
>Chao<
Old 10th January 2005, 17:08   #27

cbzzzz is a slow ass bike,karizma is riding pleasure,180 dtsi is a ball juggler
Old 16th January 2005, 15:56   #28
BHPian

Come on man....go for the 180 DTSi , the cbz is just too slow. If you have the cash ,go for the Karizma.

The build quality on the pulsar aint as bad as it is made out to be and iam sure you can learn to live with it.
Old 16th January 2005, 18:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its a Pulsar 180dtsi for sure.That bike rocks.
As far as the Cbz is concerned,its lost out on quite a few comparisons to the Pulsar.
Even the 0-100 runs i believe.

X
Old 22nd February 2005, 19:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is no question! Go for the P180 Man It rocks!!!
Just for an info. The DISC BRAKE pads (geniune one's) for CBZ cost around 720 Rs. and the one's for Pulsar come as cheap as 120 Rs. So u will save on spares as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks