Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2004, 03:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

hey ppl . . .
hwz it goin . .
kinda suprised that there s nutin posted on the karizma . . .
am actually thnkin of buyin one . . . my dad has askd me to get the proforma so that v cn get it nxt week on diwali or sumthing . .
not realiee had a bike for too long . . so dunno much abt them . . *( except for one which was my office bike which i crashed quite a few time n once was on bed rest n got a claim payment of 30000 , yes its true ) .
so can u guys give me u re views on the karizma . . and if u guys have any other suggestions , as in ny other option .
i mainly need it for :
subtituting my car a few times . . . coz i think takin my scorpion king for the pettiest of things like gettin a dvd is seriously stupid .
and i even like bikes . . actally i d wanna buy sum imported thing but dnt have the budget . . . n feel that i cud buy one mre new car in the same amt . . .
i knwe all you sbk owners r gna think watt a fool i am nwe . . . . sry guys
nyways guys just hurry up with *ure feedbacks . . .
n suggest me on the colour . . was thinkin of black though .
manson .

Note from the Admin : Do avoid using excessive amounts of slang. Proves to be an eyesore to most users. Any further posts will be deleted without prior intimation

Old 6th November 2004, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

whats your budget???
if below one lac the karizma or the thunderbird 350
above one lac the hyosung comet!
Old 6th November 2004, 15:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

hey addix . . actually i wudnt mind spendin fr the comet but personally i think it is nt wrth the 1 lakh mre than the karizma . . . very cheap quality used on the bike . . / dnt think i ll get ny value for the xtra 1 lakh . .
was thinkin betwee the electra 04 n the karizma . . . n the parameters wud be :
not much knowledge abt bikes so sumthing with least repairs so that i dnt get corned too often . .
good looks ( which i think both possess )
powerful engine . . .
fuel eff dusnt need to b spectacular , cud be normal . .
and it shud be excitin as i m buyin a 2 wheeler for some fun . . . n not daily use . . .

manson .
Old 6th November 2004, 16:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

electra 04 or if u can wait for a few months more the thunderbird 500
(rumoured to be launched in jan at the annual goa fest)
Old 6th November 2004, 21:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

hey addix ,
thanx for the advice . .
ok nwe i went for the test drive of the 3 bullets ( electra , thunderbird n the machismo ) at the bandra showroom ,
the electra is out of contention due to its left side break n right side gear box . . bt it has *brought its big brother thunderbird in *to compete with the karizma . . . due to its normal side gears n yamaha type gears too ( as the yamaha was the only bike that i ve used in da past , da too like 5 yrs bk )
then i went to fortpoint to check the karizma out , n i was told that there s a waitin period of 15 days except the black n silver ones . . . n unfortunately hadno test ride bike . . but got a customers bike which i sat on checkd out the comfort level n revved the engine to 8000-8500 rpm n i think it was pretty refined . . .
i hafta book one f dem by monday . . to get the delivery on friday ( diwali ) if i dnt get it by then then i d rather wait till jan 2005 n get a new year s rgistration . . .
lemme knwe which is a better bike . ., . . the karizma or the thunderbird . . .

manson .

Old 6th November 2004, 23:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

A tough choice to make between the two...... both are good in their own ways, The Karizma, is more of a Sports bike, and would have no problem with high revving of the engine, which would make it good for "streetracing". While on the other hand you have the TB, a Cruiser, which would have no problem running all day long, but, it doesn't like to be revved. It is not meant for racing etc. It commands its own respect and has its own image!

As far as maintainence and reliability goes, well, a Honda will be more reliable. A TB will need more attention, its not the typical fill-it, shut-it forget-it, kind of bike. Needs a lot of care while running in and also after running in. One needs to be a cruiser and more of a Bullet fan to like this bike.

Considering your requirements, i would suggest the Karizma over the TB, coz, the latter needs more care and attention. Besides that, if you are a true bullet fan, go in for the classic 350. Nothing beats it. Sure it has right side g'box, but, one gets used to it with time.
Old 6th November 2004, 23:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

And if you want more info on which choice to make www.xbhp.com is a good site to visit.
For the Thunderbird info, try, www.royalenfield.com
Old 7th November 2004, 00:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

thanks a ton for the info shravan !!!
Old 7th November 2004, 00:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Do let us know which bike have u ultimately decided to go in for!
Old 7th November 2004, 13:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

If u opt for the Karizma , do go in for a tyre upgrade at the rear b4 delivery, as it would save u a few hundereds
Old 9th November 2004, 15:07   #11
BHPian

dude go in for the kari, the bullets arent everyone's cup of tea, no matter how new they will always have their share of problems
Old 9th November 2004, 15:57   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Godspeed @ Nov. 09 2004,12:37)]dude go in for the kari, the bullets arent everyone's cup of tea, no matter how new they will always have their share of problems
Yup, I agree with GS.

I don't see where a bullet would rival a zma atually...the zma is faster, more reliable and just as comfortable cruising long distances.

Ofcourse, ask any bullet owner and you're sure to get a different answer!

Rt
Old 9th November 2004, 18:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Karizma would be best suited to your needs. Or if u can wait a few months, then do so because HH is launching 2 new models. Don't have any info. on that as yet. However, if u can't wait then buy a Karizma with your eyes closed but only in red or silver color!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9th November 2004, 19:37   #14
Tom
BHPian

Karizma is a good buy at 70k. If u like it jus buy it.
Old 9th November 2004, 22:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey buddy
sorry for the late reply
go for the karizma if you wanna an no headache and reliable bike
the thunderbird if you can do some mechanical work or have no prob visiting the mech often for slight things like adjusting the tappets,nuts and bolts falling off/becoming loose...etc

but one thing i can tell you the feeling of riding an bullet cannot be given by any other production bike,for me only the pulsar 180 has come close to it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks