Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2005, 15:16   #16
BHPian

An RX 135 will outperform an RD?!! Doubt that!!
Personally the RX135 and RX100 are the only yam bikes i love.. Dont like any of the new ones, disgrace to the Yam brand name.. Hope to buy an RD soon(God Willingly, pray everyday to wake up and find an RD outside)!!!!
Hope i'l get some cash soon to buy one....

Last edited by vinsanity : 7th February 2005 at 15:22.
Old 7th February 2005, 15:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Just in case it can, let me know who can do the work in Pune. I'll mod my RX.
Old 7th February 2005, 22:06   #18
BHPian

the fully blown rxg with ports,expansions does a sub 15 sec quater mile,we are gonna be there with one for the speed run, c u there guys!

Last edited by koolsun216 : 7th February 2005 at 22:10.
Old 8th February 2005, 02:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well an Rx out performing an RD is not false.Leave stocks, theres no comparison but an Rx soupedup competing against a soupedup RD is touch and go...RD's weight being its true enemy. I have timed my Rx 135 4speed(70kgs) much better than RD's in few drags but if an RD goes in for weight reduction then I guess theres absolutely one way!!! My RD timing(14.19sec-quat mile) till date is faster than my Rx's(15.91sec-quat mile) but I have beaten other RD's on my slim machine....The fact is simple- If you have a good mechanic on RD and you got few bucks to go all the way till aluminium wheel nuts and aircraft grade aluminium chassis etc""RD's RULE""!!!!! I wont be surprised if you are taking on few imported bikes out here too...coz most of them are tuned but not modified imported bikes out here...I have timed faster than CBR400's myself, so its not difficult...RD mod's are way more expensive than single cylinder Rx's. Works also gets complicated when u got 2 carbs to work with and 2 bores to port and get the exhaust settings tight coz any mismatch in the calculations considering 2bores, 2exhausts and 2 carbs, life can get miserable. A good carb is also what is needed...a big one with a square slide shud be the best... Butterfly's also do a fantastic job if you rejett and go with no airfilter policy for racing purpose only.
Most of the 135cc Rx's in the drag racing are not 135cc's at all...the cc is definitely increased by pushing in a bigger sleeve and a bigger piston. Stroke length is also tampered with...

Last edited by The Wolf : 8th February 2005 at 02:19.
Old 8th February 2005, 03:59   #20
BHPian

wolf, where did u drag ur bikes, 15.91 for the RX and 14.19 for the RD ? was this at any official drag event ? just curious coz i know all the bikes in the country that run those kinda times

on the topic, yes drag ported RX 135's can exceed 145kmph true speed, i've raced one myself
Old 8th February 2005, 04:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer
wolf, where did u drag ur bikes, 15.91 for the RX and 14.19 for the RD ? was this at any official drag event ? just curious coz i know all the bikes in the country that run those kinda times

on the topic, yes drag ported RX 135's can exceed 145kmph true speed, i've raced one myself
Sure killer...I used to Drag from a garage called "Speedzone"..U must have heard it, if you know Blore drag scene...And the timings that I have mentioned is at the University Drag that happened 2yrs back..and to follow that up-those were my best timings in last 4years.I havent gone better than those figures and yes this year I didnot participate. The bikes werent my personal bikes, those are my garage bikes.My mechanics name is Abdulla(he was a big name few yrs back in coimbatore circuit racing). Well I have done 18.45secs on my Fiero (150 to 180cc converted)
at sarjapur drag where I placed 3rd.
Old 8th February 2005, 04:28   #22
BHPian

cool man makes sense then...yup i remember the University drag, (crazy ol days )...they didnt have the christmas tree setup and proper timing system back in those days, so all the times were much lower, things changed after they brought in the new system and only the best in the country run in the 15's for RX and 14's for RD nowadays, thats the reason i got shocked there for a bit ...anyways thanks for clarifying that...havent heard of speedzone, do they still drag ? i might know if i see the bike...there are so many entries in the RX scene its hard to keep track, but i do know a few top dogs like Bali, Vinod motors, Hanuman motorworks etc...good to know u drag man...keep it rocking!

Last edited by Killer : 8th February 2005 at 04:29.
Old 8th February 2005, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Hey killer are you the same guy in XBhp?!! Dint you set the fastest time on an RD(177kph), on Sarjapur Road?!! Are you the same guy?!!!
Old 8th February 2005, 13:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here know a good mechanic in PUNE to mod my RX135?
Old 8th February 2005, 17:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

@vinsanity: yup he is the same guy wid that Killer machine
Old 8th February 2005, 19:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer
...havent heard of speedzone, do they still drag ? i might know if i see the bike...there are so many entries in the RX scene its hard to keep track, but i do know a few top dogs like Bali, Vinod motors, Hanuman motorworks etc...good to know u drag man...!
Its not like Speedzone doesnt drag any more but few other guys like me pulled off drag scene in last couple years due to time and financial constraints...I know Bali, Zak, Checkpoint and few others personally...fact being all are in vijaynagar(me too), Vinod motors too bt not much... We had terrible professional rivalry for some time but as I slowd down we all became pals...I go to Bali(Motokraft) very often and U wud really be zapped off your senses if I tell you what are his current plans.Trust me on that... How bout RD's taking on Gsx's and Busa's??????Im thrilled already, but we gota wait for some time before he gets those machines ready coz he is a slow and thoughtful mechanic...Will post further updates on his Rx's the so called hand crafted black n yellow beasts...I love those machines man...specially the chambers
Old 8th February 2005, 20:45   #27
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
and U wud really be zapped off your senses if I tell you what are his current plans.Trust me on that... How bout RD's taking on Gsx's and Busa's??????Im thrilled already, but we gota wait for some time before he gets those machines ready coz he is a slow and thoughtful mechanic...
well thats one sight the entire 2-stroke fraternity would love to see.
Jus to give you an idea...well...it wuld have to do atleast 210kph in 400m to beat the big bikes.
Old 8th February 2005, 20:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very true Tom, but this is what Bali told me himself. Guess he is planning to run it on NOs n aluminium chassis and lotsa mods like 20k carb and imp expansion chambers n imp coils n stuff. I wont be surprised if he makes it if all goes well coz Ive seen websites flaunting 7sec for a quat mile race with a RD400!!!So u know wat I mean...
Old 8th February 2005, 22:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Ive seen websites flaunting 7sec for a quat mile race with a RD400!!!So u know wat I mean...
i've know those guyz and their bikes for years man, we are all part of a tech discussion forum abroad, trust me its gonna be a long time before we can achieve that level of performance in india. Btw, no RD ever ran 7 secs...the quickest to date is 8.8 secs by Jerry Collier from jade racing, but yeah those bikes will blow away the superbikes. I know it may sound doable when u think of 20k carbs and what not, but it takes a lot more than that, i'm running 15k carbs on my rd myself and thats not near enuff ..Anyways i've seen Balis work and i'm sure hes quite capable..i wish him all the best

vinsanity: yup thats me
Old 8th February 2005, 22:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jus to give you an idea...well...it wuld have to do atleast 210kph in 400m to beat the big bikes.
Make that 220kmph, provided the Busas' here keep up the 10.25 sec tradition, followed world wide.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks